Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Davefevs

Highlight from Wimbledon?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone seen any?

Just now, The Hustler said:

On the YouTube channel now.

Reckon someone at the club was watching OTIB to upload as soon as someone asked.

• Like 1

I've been critical of Diedhiou's finishing and movement, but two good goals.   Great finish for the first and in the right place for the second.  

21 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I've been critical of Diedhiou's finishing and movement, but two good goals.   Great finish for the first and in the right place for the second.  

First finish is very smartly done, shot  would have been expected to the goalkeepers left. Wrong foots him completely.

Also thought the pass by Taylor to Szmodics at the start of that build up was a clever but of play. (Think it was Taylor and Szmodics anyway- the first time pass by the centre circle)

• Like 1

My highlight from Wimbledon has to be 6'1" Slovenian, Polona Hercog.

gettyimages-1159384257.jpg

Edited by TBW
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sandhurst Red said:

This was my highlight... 

One job! Fail. 

65754DB8-38D8-4EFC-8DCB-02E4AC389476.jpeg

Ear.com comes up as a non-secure site on Safari!

Interesting point, the scorer of Wimbledon's first pen last season played for Cardiff Metropolitan University who qualified for the first qualifying round of the europa league this season, Wimbledon were willing to let him play in the qualifying games and sign him after but the player didn't want to risk injury and missing out on the move so turned down the chance.

Cardiff Met as the smallest team drew the biggest team possible apparently and were only knocked out on away goals (1-0 loss away and 2-1 win at home) not bad for a university side.

20 hours ago, hodge said:

Interesting point, the scorer of Wimbledon's first pen last season played for Cardiff Metropolitan University who qualified for the first qualifying round of the europa league this season, Wimbledon were willing to let him play in the qualifying games and sign him after but the player didn't want to risk injury and missing out on the move so turned down the chance.

Cardiff Met as the smallest team drew the biggest team possible apparently and were only knocked out on away goals (1-0 loss away and 2-1 win at home) not bad for a university side.

Sounds almost the opposite to what happened with Metab.

My highlight was Murray and Serena getting dumped out. Can't believe the hype around the pairing when there was an all Brit pairing getting to the last 8 who had no coverage at all. Think he should have stayed retired. 

• Like 1

Is that Sammie who`s up in the box with Fam when he scores his second? He covered a hell of a lot of ground to get there. Much as I like Pato I couldn`t see him getting into that position to pick up the pieces if Fam hadn`t scored.

I`m really looking forward to seeing this lad this season. Can we hope we`ve unearthed the new Bradley Dack (without the unpleasant hotel room behaviour obviously!)?