IGNORED

Highlight from Wimbledon?

Davefevs

21 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I've been critical of Diedhiou's finishing and movement, but two good goals.   Great finish for the first and in the right place for the second.  

First finish is very smartly done, shot  would have been expected to the goalkeepers left. Wrong foots him completely.

Also thought the pass by Taylor to Szmodics at the start of that build up was a clever but of play. (Think it was Taylor and Szmodics anyway- the first time pass by the centre circle)

Interesting point, the scorer of Wimbledon's first pen last season played for Cardiff Metropolitan University who qualified for the first qualifying round of the europa league this season, Wimbledon were willing to let him play in the qualifying games and sign him after but the player didn't want to risk injury and missing out on the move so turned down the chance.

Cardiff Met as the smallest team drew the biggest team possible apparently and were only knocked out on away goals (1-0 loss away and 2-1 win at home) not bad for a university side.

20 hours ago, hodge said:

Interesting point, the scorer of Wimbledon's first pen last season played for Cardiff Metropolitan University who qualified for the first qualifying round of the europa league this season, Wimbledon were willing to let him play in the qualifying games and sign him after but the player didn't want to risk injury and missing out on the move so turned down the chance.

Cardiff Met as the smallest team drew the biggest team possible apparently and were only knocked out on away goals (1-0 loss away and 2-1 win at home) not bad for a university side.

Sounds almost the opposite to what happened with Metab.

Is that Sammie who`s up in the box with Fam when he scores his second? He covered a hell of a lot of ground to get there. Much as I like Pato I couldn`t see him getting into that position to pick up the pieces if Fam hadn`t scored.

I`m really looking forward to seeing this lad this season. Can we hope we`ve unearthed the new Bradley Dack (without the unpleasant hotel room behaviour obviously!)?

Archived