IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Coming to America - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

Yeehaw. Howdy partners.

Well we be havin ourselves a right fine time in the good ol' U S of A. 

We're at the home of Disney World, the Everglades and NASA. Will any of our lads be taking in the delights of Space Mountain or perhaps educating themselves with the physics and astronomy backed Kennedy Space Center? 

2 for two in the friendly games to date and tonight we face hotel roomies, Derby, whom have been sharing the IMG Academy with us since our arrival. Please note: rumours that both Lee Johnson and Philip Cocu were missing during their opposition's training sessions are unconfirmed. Also unconfirmed are the reports of two pairs of binoculars being delivered from a uk branch of Jessops on a UPS truck).

This is arguably going to be our toughest test. (Yes I know that Palace are in the PL) but Derby have the new manager bounce as well as a good squad. Plus pound for pound, their team has a lot of similarities to our own. Jack Marriott scored 2 against a local Floridian team just a few days ago. Watch him like a shitehawk. This also absolutely stinks of a draw. 1-1.

Available live on BCTV from 11pm tonight, I'll probably watch the first half and then crash out. Old age means I can't pull all nighters anymore, no matter how hard I try... 

Next time we'll be back in the UK at a reasonable time...

Until then,

COYRS!

Be interesting to see who LJ selects for this game, as it could be the first clue to his preferred starting 11. Agree with SP this is likely to be our toughest pre-season test. Be watching on BCTV as part of my own pre-season prep! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think it’ll be a strong side whatever, but I don’t think the starting eleven will be the one he starts with v Leeds.

Really looking forward to seeing Szmodics  

Well no. Britt and Roofe will be upfront for starters against Leeds ?

And Webster will be gone !! ?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mistake I reckon.

532 / 5212???

If it is Rowe it makes it interesting as I reckon Brownhill could be dropping deeper to collect the ball, like Pack's role. Walsh/Pack/Bakinson is an interesting 3 as well

Just now, hodge said:

If it is Rowe it makes it interesting as I reckon Brownhill could be dropping deeper to collect the ball, like Pack's role. Walsh/Pack/Bakinson is an interesting 3 as well

Might be a different formation second half.

Archived