IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City - Coming to America - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

25 minutes ago, swampy said:

Absolute rubbish ..... BCFC was a joke ... and why do pre season in Florida FFS .... the cost of taking 40+ squad that way must be enormous ... book Dartmoor YHA and some serious domestic landscape ... and pre season versus the likes of Truro, Plymouth and the like.

Gas *****! ?

We can afford it.

Stick to your flybe to Ireland eh and let the big boys do what they do.

31 minutes ago, swampy said:

Absolute rubbish ..... BCFC was a joke ... and why do pre season in Florida FFS .... the cost of taking 40+ squad that way must be enormous ... book Dartmoor YHA and some serious domestic landscape ... and pre season versus the likes of Truro, Plymouth and the like.

stick to non-league you tramp !

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Confirmed by Derby,expect City will announce it Monday morning after tonight’s shambles 

Haha. I was there and sat next to Derby's bus driver. He said they were off to the beach tomorrow morning before flying out in the afternoon. Bet they're happy.

Should have gone to France, I expect, or North Africa, and trained in 110 degrees according to these arseholes. I've just come back from Tunisia and it was too bloody hot to move let alone train!

some people are either methane snorting dicks or just far too stupid to comprehend! 

If the cap fits, bugger off back to BS7 FFS.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Should have gone to France, I expect, or North Africa, and trained in 110 degrees according to these arseholes. I've just come back from Tunisia and it was too bloody hot to move let alone train!

some people are either methane snorting dicks or just far too stupid to comprehend! 

What you bumbling on about

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You not had a good night SJ?

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Got to say I thought Scotty on commentary would be more entertaining that the short amount I've seen so far.

Think Atlanta Red just got a mention from Scotty. Said he'll sort him a few shirts 

Happy to receive some shirts, although I'm sure you're pulling my leg.  Weather has been atrocious up here in Atlanta, thanks to the effects of Hurricane (now tropical storm) Barry.

Just now, Atlanta_Red said:

Happy to receive some shirts, although I'm sure you're pulling my leg.  Weather has been atrocious up here in Atlanta, thanks to the effects of Hurricane (now tropical storm) Barry.

Must have mixed you up with someone.

Scotty said he'd seen a City fan with his kids at the game who was in shorts and t-shirt but carrying an umbrella and he'd laughed at them thinking they looked a bit silly, was then saying he looked silly "now".

Person commentating alongside Scotty then said he'd spoken to that person earlier and that they'd driven 7-8 hours to get there.

Having a pretty shoddy knowledge of America's geography, but remembering a thread on here where someone made a comment that they were driving 7-8 hours down to the game. Took a guess that Atlanta might have been roughly that distance tbh.

Looks like there are 2 Atlanta Reds!!

Sorry for taking your name :) 

In regards to the game thought City played well, very impressed with Rowe, communication was great with the younger players which I am sure was what he was brought in for and will be the player to give Marlon breaks throughout the season. Sammie also looked very good both with the ball at his feet and movement off the ball. With him and Paterson I don't see a need for Palmer. 

Heading back for the "2nd half" tomorrow after the longest half time ever!!

On another note all the players and staff were so friendly to the fans, I think they were genuinely shocked with how many City fans there were at the game.

24 minutes ago, Atlanta Red said:

In regards to the game thought City played well, very impressed with Rowe, communication was great with the younger players which I am sure was what he was brought in for and will be the player to give Marlon breaks throughout the season. Sammie also looked very good both with the ball at his feet and movement off the ball. With him and Paterson I don't see a need for Palmer. 

On another note all the players and staff were so friendly to the fans, I think they were genuinely shocked with how many City fans there were at the game.

Who many City fans were in attendance then?

I’ve just woke up to see what happened. 

4 hours ago, swampy said:

297.png

I wonder is that how we are going to play this season. I like the look of Szmodics and having 2 up top ahead of him. Looks more threatening.

What will the second half team be I wonder?

Maenapaa

Vyner      Baker    Moore 

Watkins or Edwards                                         O'Dowda

Pack     Walsh

Eliasson  Paterson

Semenyo

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Confirmed by Derby,expect City will announce it Monday morning after tonight’s shambles 

Confirmed 2.30pm (BST) kick off to coincide with Wimbledon Mens Final, Silverstone F1 Grand Prix, Cricket ODI World Cup Final, Derby's beach party/ flight home and me not mowing the lawn.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/severe-weather-sees-match-postponed/

6 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Confirmed 2.30pm (BST) kick off to coincide with Wimbledon Mens Final, Silverstone F1 Grand Prix, Cricket ODI World Cup Final, Derby's beach party/ flight home and me not mowing the lawn.

Awww...don't know which to do / watch now...bugger it...off to spoons for brekkie and decide from there...

3 hours ago, Atlanta Red said:

Good “now and then” pictures with Scotty and your kids during your weather predictions, which were spot on, as you said why kick off at the time they did!

11 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Jesus, went to bed, slept, woke up and it’s still half time.

If it was at home people would still be late back in their seats!

I've just noticed that the other game next Friday is an 11am kick off! Are they crazy? When I am in the Bradenton area, I am usually looking to find somewhere with the best air conditioning possible from about 11:30 to 14:30. It's one of the few times my wife can find me interested in shopping because the store are so cool.  The humidity is murder around midday, you can get up a sweat just reaching for your drink. I hope they are going to have plenty of fluids to hand.

5 hours ago, Atlanta Red said:

There will be 3 on Monday as I've got to go there for work. This hurricane thing sounds great. 

If the game keeps getting delayed can I get a lift to the second half or fourth quarter or whatever we’re now calling it?

3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Derby aren't streaming this, so I don't think we will be either. Some will be able to get as good a stream as they got last night!

Archived