Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Derby County v Bristol City - Coming to America - Friendly Matchday Thread

whatever I expected from this match I certainly wasn’t expecting what sounds like a pissed up Matty Taylor singing Sweet Caroline over the PA system while we wait for a lighting storm to pass by.

• Haha 1

Latest on the stoppage... Updated...

Turns out it wasn't a weather alert afterall... Seems like a couple of Mexicans have breached Donald's defences and he declared a National Emergency due to an invasion. 

The two Mexican lads, Jose & Pablo had just nipped over next doors fence to get their ball back, they've f###ed off home again now...  Relax Donald, relax stop panicking! 

• Haha 1

Well I'm learning a lot, they have lighting warnings in florida and while those warnings are on going BCTV are in danger and need to take cover while DCTV obviously have some kind of protection. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we'd scored first, we would certainly have beaten them back in April IMO. Not that I am reading an awful lot into this game of course but I do believe this.

We were all over them that day, even with 10 men.

Only the last 10-15 minutes or so did they out play us that day.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We were all over them that day, even with 10 men.

Only the last 10-15 minutes or so did they out play us that day.

We seemed to continue that for a while and even got a bit of a second wind after the Semenyo red- even had we equalised in that period, the crowd was up, the team was up 1 might have brought 2.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

We seemed to continue that for a while and even got a bit of a second wind after the Semenyo red- even had we equalised in that period, the crowd was up, the team was up 1 might have brought 2.

One or two cleared off the line (or near enough- keeper beaten) after Semenyo went wasn't there?

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

One or two cleared off the line (or near enough- keeper beaten) after Semenyo went wasn't there?

That's the stuff- the injustice of the Semenyo decision got the team and crowd going even more so for a while IMO.

Got to say I thought Scotty on commentary would be more entertaining that the short amount I've seen so far.

Think Atlanta Red just got a mention from Scotty. Said he'll sort him a few shirts 

• Haha 1

We look OK at half time. Looks like 3-4-3 at times or 3-5-1.

First friendly but against Derby who will not want to lose. 

So far encouraging. Off to bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Kept to the Derby feed rather than our shambles,there is 15 thousand fans in the stand where the camera is by all accounts 

Gasheads I expect .. Waiting to cause trouble with a pitch invasion.. 

This hasn't been a great advert for BCTV.

Rams TV is using the same feed but no buffering and none of the weird 'double' audio. It would be easy to claim they were issues created at the point of transmission but they're evidentally problems with our club's server capacity/spec.

Edited by Xiled
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fam just accidentally kicked Keogh in the head or face 

Has it improved his looks?

• Haha 1

Very encouraging 1st 45 (not sure if that’s a true half or not).  Good playing out from the back, but not passing for passing’s sake. Got good passes into from two (emphasis on the two - giving options) from deep and then sprung Hunt and Dasilva from a good lay off to Rowe or Brownhill.

Szmodics busy in the press and doing it well with Weimann and Diedhiou.  Weimann let down by some poor passes in final third (couple from Hunt, who along with Rowe have been our best players).

Webster and Wright nice and solid, and Moore looks likes he’s really bulked up.

Lets see what the changes are.

• Like 2

Moore looks a lot stronger than when I last saw him. 3 at the back is made for him. Can't help but be excited even if it is a friendly. 

Crazy thing is without those loans, is there one Derby player we would want in our team? Can't think of one. 

Game abandoned but it feels like 3 points. Great win.

• Like 1