IGNORED

Simona Halep

Leveller

Congratulations to her. What an unexpected demolition of Serena that was.

It’s always good to see a new winner. And that was fully deserved.

Also, she has often seemed a bit humourless and hard faced on court. The win proved what a nice and smiley girl she really is. Really pleased for her.

I thought it was fantastic - but there's absolutely no way the women should be getting the same pay as the men. It's an insult to these two guys on court right now, who've been playing top-quality tennis for over four hours. To put it another way, Serena will get the same pay as either Federer or Djokovic for losing 6-2 6-2 in less than an hour. Sorry but wtf? 

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I thought it was fantastic - but there's absolutely no way the women should be getting the same pay as the men. It's an insult to these two guys on court right now, who've been playing top-quality tennis for over four hours. To put it another way, Serena will get the same pay as either Federer or Djokovic for losing 6-2 6-2 in less than an hour. Sorry but wtf? 

Serena is one of the greatest players, male or female, ever to pick up a racket so no I don't begrudge her being paid the same as the top mens players. 

In a world where on average women earn less than men in most occupations (often when doing the same job) I think the approach taken in tennis is quite refreshing. 

The vast majority of mens tennis tournaments are best of three sets anyway, it's only the Slams that go to five. 

Archived