IGNORED

Bolton / Bury On The Brink (Merged)

Judda

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely about to suffer a double relegation down to L2 unless a miracle happens. Real shame. 

I know. Got a Bolton fan pal. Feel for them all... not like the Glory days of Jay Jay Ocotcha (so good they named him twice) etc...

11 minutes ago, Unan said:

How can the FA/EFL not also face punishment for lack of due diligence when the Andersons took over?

We have long suspected the EFL and FA was incompetent (if not corrupt) in the area of due diligence (and indeed VAR) but who are they going to get punished by. FIFA/UEFA don't interfere in domestic football, and if the government intervened FIFA would throw a hissy fit. 

I'm really struggling to have much sympathy for the club tbh, even if I have a modicum for the fans.

They spent ridiculously beyond their means and reality caught up with them, tough shit.

Plus I've never forgiven the northern bastards after taking a decent sized rock to the bollocks outside Burnden Park after the game it kicked right off at in April 1990 haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The more football becomes about money , the more this will happen. I wouldn't blame the fans, but I suspect there were a fair amount of them demanding that the chairman 'splashed the cash' in order to keep up with the Joneses, it happens at every club.

I guarantee you that during the course of the upcoming season there will be a fair few demanding that Lansdown gets his hand in his pocket, they would do well to remember 1982.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The more football becomes about money , the more this will happen. I wouldn't blame the fans, but I suspect there were a fair amount of them demanding that the chairman 'splashed the cash' in order to keep up with the Joneses, it happens at every club.

I guarantee you that during the course of the upcoming season there will be a fair few demanding that Lansdown gets his hand in his pocket, they would do well to remember 1982.

Your owner has never even put his hand in his pocket! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree, hard to feel sorry for the kind of fans you describe. Those who have no interest in the financial health of the club then complain when chickens come home to roost.

We have those who claim Steve uses FFP as an excuse not to spend what we don't have. Fortunately they seem to be in a minority.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I agree, hard to feel sorry for the kind of fans you describe. Those who have no interest in the financial health of the club then complain when chickens come home to roost.

We have those who claim Steve uses FFP as an excuse not to spend what we don't have. Fortunately they seem to be in a minority.

Bristol City are an incredibly well run club. I think it is inevitable that- if Lansdown remains in charge-  they will get to the Premier League one day. It might not be as quickly as some would like but I do think they will get there.

I'm pinning my hopes on enough meatheads giving him enough stick, that he takes his money and goes home :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Unan said:

How can the FA/EFL not also face punishment for lack of due diligence when the Andersons took over?

This says it all;

In a separate development Bolton’s administrators are taking legal action against Laurence Bassini, the former Watford owner who unsuccessfully tried to buy the club from Ken Anderson this year. It was the collapse of the proposed deal put forward by Bassini, who has twice been declared bankrupt and was banned from owning an EFL club for three years in 2013, that led to Bolton being placed in administration after debts incurred under Anderson remained unpaid. The administrators subsequently made the Football Ventures consortium their preferred bidders, only to hear Bassini claim on TalkSport that he has offered more money up front.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

This says it all;

In a separate development Bolton’s administrators are taking legal action against Laurence Bassini, the former Watford owner who unsuccessfully tried to buy the club from Ken Anderson this year. It was the collapse of the proposed deal put forward by Bassini, who has twice been declared bankrupt and was banned from owning an EFL club for three years in 2013, that led to Bolton being placed in administration after debts incurred under Anderson remained unpaid. The administrators subsequently made the Football Ventures consortium their preferred bidders, only to hear Bassini claim on TalkSport that he has offered more money up front.

They went on to say he had been sending them threatening texts and emails.

Doubtless he would pass the fit and proper person test, when you consider some others who have.

17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Bristol City are an incredibly well run club. I think it is inevitable that- if Lansdown remains in charge-  they will get to the Premier League one day. It might not be as quickly as some would like but I do think they will get there.

I'm pinning my hopes on enough meatheads giving him enough stick, that he takes his money and goes home :)

Fortunately, OTIB is a meathead free zone.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Tell me something I don't know.

Putting your hand in your pocket takes time.

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think we've had the meathead phase already during Lansdown's ownership. Probably around the time we were struggling towards the bottom of League 1. At the time, nearly everything at the club was shambolic and the stick Lansdown was getting was pretty grim. Situations like Bolton and Coventry have shown our meatheads how bad it could be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think even  the most ardent rovers fans has to admit the club is going in the right direction the way the club is run off the pitch . The ground seems to be used most days for one thing or another and the live shows this year has Really put the ground on the map. Any thing above 8th this season is again progress on last year and as a fan I’ll take that every day off the week

16 hours ago, Judda said:

I know. Got a Bolton fan pal. Feel for them all... not like the Glory days of Jay Jay Ocotcha (so good they named him twice) etc...

I bet all Bolton fans were protesting about the way the club was run when they were in the Prem though..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1226177/MARTIN-SAMUEL-One-problem-franchise-idea-Phil-Gartside-No-place-Bolton.html