IGNORED

Bolton / Bury On The Brink (Merged)

Judda

Rush keepers or skellies we use to call it,

sorry to go off topic,

but if Bolton still only have 7 pro’s will the efl even let them start the season,

part of the golden share is agreeing to play your fixtures,

if bolton can’t get a team fro a friendly how the hell are they going to play 50 games next season?

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but if Bolton still only have 7 pro’s will the efl even let them start the season,

part of the golden share is agreeing to play your fixtures,

if bolton can’t get a team fro a friendly how the hell are they going to play 50 games next season?

Did n't Blackpool get to about 3 weeks before the season started with even less, maybe 5 FTP's ? Memory might be playing tricks but when they got relegated , I thought Oyston gutted the club and sold most of the players.
I always thought there was a rule in place where a team had to prove that they had the ability to complete a season, may have changed now. It really is a shambles, I read clips saying a takeover was in place paying 100% , or £1 in the £1, but this was refused. Another that someone saying they were ready to take over as someone (3rd party) had loaned them funds, £25m I believe. Wasn't there a period where there were 2 administrators involved? How do the EFL let it get to this position, they have to take some blame in this. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Did n't Blackpool get to about 3 weeks before the season started with even less, maybe 5 FTP's ? Memory might be playing tricks but when they got relegated , I thought Oyston gutted the club and sold most of the players.
I always thought there was a rule in place where a team had to prove that they had the ability to complete a season, may have changed now. It really is a shambles, I read clips saying a takeover was in place paying 100% , or £1 in the £1, but this was refused. Another that someone saying they were ready to take over as someone (3rd party) had loaned them funds, £25m I believe. Wasn't there a period where there were 2 administrators involved? How do the EFL let it get to this position, they have to take some blame in this. 

There’s a difference between the Bolton and Blackpool situations though,

bolton can’t sign anyone as they are in administration they have 7 pro’s and can’t pay them,

blackpool was just poor ownership, they had the money but wanted to pay trolly pusher wages instead of the going rate,

the owner of bolton had funds and proof of funds when he took over, he then switched off the tap,

that isn’t the efl’s Fault, you need to be a billionaire these days to own a competitive team in the top two divisions,

football is going to implode soon, all because of the greed at the very top of the game

Edited by Monkeh
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

bolton can’t sign anyone as they are in administration they have 7 pro’s and can’t pay them,

Ahh , didn't realise admin meant that. So I guess OOC , loans and free transfers?
Players not been payed for 5 months (though admin say they will be payed in full when deal done), EFL saying they don't think they will start the season while Admin saying player deals in place , again when deal done. Quick look at the statement stumbling block is selling the hotel !

A matter of weeks to, sell both Club and Hotel, convince the EFL they can complete the season  and recruit enough players to make a squad , let alone do a pre-season and forge a team. All in 2 weeks , it'll take some doing.

56 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Ahh , didn't realise admin meant that. So I guess OOC , loans and free transfers?
Players not been payed for 5 months (though admin say they will be payed in full when deal done), EFL saying they don't think they will start the season while Admin saying player deals in place , again when deal done. Quick look at the statement stumbling block is selling the hotel !

A matter of weeks to, sell both Club and Hotel, convince the EFL they can complete the season  and recruit enough players to make a squad , let alone do a pre-season and forge a team. All in 2 weeks , it'll take some doing.

Yep, minor fees also bit like the transfer embargo 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Taz said:

Now can't fulfil their Pre-season game against Preston....

23 team league season?

Looking increasingly likely.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17783753.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Magennis and Otzuner handed in their notice, but not accepted by Administrators.  How does that work?  We all moan that footballers have it easy, but in situations like this, they appear to be stuck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Magennis and Otzuner handed in their notice, but not accepted by Administrators.  How does that work?  We all moan that footballers have it easy, but in situations like this, they appear to be stuck. 

It's all a bit odd. If they aren't being paid you'd assume they could walk, so maybe they have been paid? A quick google found these links:

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-not-paid-wages/

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-breaking-contracts/

but it's still not made thing clearer for me.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought players had the right to walk away if they haven't been paid for a certain period?

Edit: thanks @Sleepy1968

I have mixed feelings about this whole situation. On the one hand I think the game needs significant clubs to fold to come to its senses. On the other, I suspect it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference and clubs would carry on in the same reckless way. Goaded on by fans demanding they spend money they don't have.

Paraphrasing Gareth Southgate: love the game, hate the business.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw a bit about this yesterday, this can't be legal surely , restriction of trade ?
I thought that if a player hadn't been payed for 2 months they had the right to look for another club.

Just looked on this site and it says, the standard PL contract gives 14 days as just cause. The Bolton case is up to about 20 weeks !
It also states there is little in the way of concrete rules as to how long a player has to go unpaid to be 'just cause'. I think the Administrators must be trying to keep the players on to make the Club more viable as a going concern.

https://www.lawinsport.com/blog/john-shea/item/unpaid-players-wages-the-legal-position

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

7 senior players, 2 of which are goalkeepers.

Can't even field a full team if one of the goalkeepers plays outfield!

Let's be fair, they're not going to sign anybody any time soon, as nobody in their right mind would surely want to go there and not get paid.

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

Let's be fair, they're not going to sign anybody any time soon, as nobody in their right mind would surely want to go there and not get paid.

Out of contract, no offers from anywhere else, like hundreds of pro players this summer! The will get players.

20 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Out of contract, no offers from anywhere else, like hundreds of pro players this summer! The will get players.

But will they? They can't pay the ones they have regularly, what chance have they got with more players.

Surely if they can`t fulfil their fixtures it will be far to late to have anything other than a 23 team league? Presumably one extra promoted from the league(s) below at the end of the season then?

There will inevitably be a FC Wanderers of Bolton formed too I should think - what tier would they enter the pyramid at I wonder?

55 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Surely if they can`t fulfil their fixtures it will be far to late to have anything other than a 23 team league? Presumably one extra promoted from the league(s) below at the end of the season then?

There will inevitably be a FC Wanderers of Bolton formed too I should think - what tier would they enter the pyramid at I wonder?

Here's a selection of clubs and where they restarted:

Chester  - 8th tier

Newport - 9th tier

The real Wimbledon :) - 9th tier

Aldershot - 9th tier

So they might end up in the North West Counties Football League :(

I've always had a soft spot for Bolton since they were our opponents in my first City game (1977/78 4-1 city) and were the 1986 Freight Rover Trophy runners up (can't remember who won that one). Be sad to see them go, and what a slow painful death if it does happen.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Talking on TS late last week Jim White was saying how Boltons training ground had been locked until recently, there is no hot water in the dressing rooms and it looks as though the owner Anderson has just abandoned the club.

In Briz during the 70's it was either drop back or rush goalies.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Talking on TS late last week Jim White was saying how Boltons training ground had been locked until recently, there is no hot water in the dressing rooms and it looks as though the owner Anderson has just abandoned the club.

In Briz during the 70's it was either drop back or rush goalies.

It might be in rush backs in Bolton in 2919 too!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slacker said:

It might be in rush backs in Bolton in 2919 too!

They're struggling to last to the end of 2019 but by 2919 FIFA might allow rush back keepers with a whole new set of VAR rules to accommodate it!

On 18/07/2019 at 14:20, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bolton? Don’t change the subject, Rob!

In St George it was drop backs - never heard of rush backs until I played 5-a-side with Essex boys many years later. Mind you, we never got out of St George much!

Did you play on the top of St George’s Park using the trees as goal posts like we did (late 60’s, early 70’s)

On 20/07/2019 at 15:54, Taz said:

Seven players means they can start games; http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-3---the-players

A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

However; If a team has fewer than seven players because one or more players has deliberately left the field of play, the referee is not obliged to stop play and the advantage may be played, but the match must not resume after the ball has gone out of play if a team does not have the minimum number of seven players.

58 minutes ago, 22A said:

Seven players means they can start games; http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-3---the-players

A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

However; If a team has fewer than seven players because one or more players has deliberately left the field of play, the referee is not obliged to stop play and the advantage may be played, but the match must not resume after the ball has gone out of play if a team does not have the minimum number of seven players.

As proven when a Warnock side ends up with 6.

There is a longer version on YouTube.

On 18/07/2019 at 08:34, CyderInACan said:

Whitchurch. Either Rush-Back (anyone could be the goalie) or Drop-Back (the goalie could play wherever they wanted but was the goalie nonetheless) 

Well. That's how I remember it anyway! Don't forget good old next goal wins too mind! 

I didn't grow up.  "rush backs" is how I remember it.  Anyone could be the goalie but the person nearest the jumpers was the goalie. That is, you couldn't randomly decide to use your hands just because...

Never heard of "drop back" goalies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

As proven when a Warnock side ends up with 6.

There is a longer version on YouTube.

Cracking strike from our del boy there. Was right in the thick of it.

I liked del. Had many a good times with him during his time with us. Nice guy in my experience and glad he's doing well.

Edited by City1984

On 14/07/2019 at 07:32, Miah Dennehy said:

The more football becomes about money , the more this will happen. I wouldn't blame the fans, but I suspect there were a fair amount of them demanding that the chairman 'splashed the cash' in order to keep up with the Joneses, it happens at every club.

I guarantee you that during the course of the upcoming season there will be a fair few demanding that Lansdown gets his hand in his pocket, they would do well to remember 1982.

That's hardly ever likely with your owner. I hear he peels oranges in his pocket.