IGNORED

Bolton / Bury On The Brink (Merged)

Judda

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Good news.

The EFL now publish photos of new club owners when they have passed the fit and proper test. 

Photos of the latest owners so approved have been uploaded to the EFL website as below......

bandit.thumb.jpg.25b70129617ac8fc224bd53154de027a.jpg

cowboy.jpg.d25ae804ea6f328282f81f1f295cb47d.jpg

Pirate.jpg.b12a0ed352837585e4a9129ae250e0d6.jpg

burglars.jpg.dd3c97b108c4ab071b7b045a3966070c.jpg

That’s not new owners! That’s the EFL directors!

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm in agreement Dave, this is very sinister. He looks to be on the take doesn't he? Profit through the demise of others.

Just as Oyston was, something that also didn't bother the EFL. I suspect there are plenty more skeletons in cupboards, which is why the clubs are resistant to proper scrutiny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm in agreement Dave, this is very sinister. He looks to be on the take doesn't he? Profit through the demise of others.

I don’t have a good understanding of CVAs etc but I recall them saying that Dale has a history of an number of ‘failed businesses’ - Is that right ?

I am getting proper nervous for Bury.

I really, really hope they are saved. The shitehawke owner has seeming previous is buying companies in distress, but this is a community asset that should be saved.

We didn't choose Steve L, we didn't - hopefully, thankfully choose the 'Reform Group' who came sniffing -  but we have stability.

Bury fans deserve better, and that rests with the EFL.

Be grateful for good owners.

• Like 1

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fit and Proper ?

What a ******* joke 

Basically, if you do not have an unspent criminal conviction you are ok. If Dale had been disqualified as a company director because of his other business dealings he would not have passed either.

Unfortunately, the sort of predatory capitalism he indulges in is positively respectable in this country so he has been able to make money from failed companies to his heart's content with no fear of disqualification.

• Thanks 3

The EFL have shown themselves to be totally inept and not fit for purpose themselves over this case with Bury and that still ongoing with Bolton. Not exactly sure what they've been doing for the last couple of years, let alone months, when they could've been exacting and exerting some proper decisive leadership. Instead, the idiot Harvey and the rest of the EFL buffoons have merely sat back and watched this happen.  Nothing short of scandalous to watch a club change hands for £1....irrespective of the debt that passes with it. Be like Mike Ashley stopping you in the street and asking if you want to buy HoF from him for a fiver....

Fingers crossed for Bury.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d imagine the latest news would be enough for an extension. 

Dale says he’s accepted but the buyers, C&N investments, say that’s not quite the case yet.

I’d guess they’ll get a day or two more.

Let’s hope so.

In all these cases the truth comes from the fans, a cross section of people from all walks o f life who are bound by one truth- a love of their own club and a desire for it's best  interests above any self interest ( as in every club's fan base)

To a man and woman they all blame and want the odious chancer and fraud Steve Dale removed from their club.

The EFL should listen to and act in the best interests of those fans. 

Allowing Dale anywhere near a football club is a disgraceful act that shames our game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

The EFL have shown themselves to be totally inept and not fit for purpose themselves over this case with Bury and that still ongoing with Bolton. Not exactly sure what they've been doing for the last couple of years, let alone months, when they could've been exacting and exerting some proper decisive leadership. Instead, the idiot Harvey and the rest of the EFL buffoons have merely sat back and watched this happen.  Nothing short of scandalous to watch a club change hands for £1....irrespective of the debt that passes with it. Be like Mike Ashley stopping you in the street and asking if you want to buy HoF from him for a fiver....

Fingers crossed for Bury.

The following will give you some idea of what they have been doing for the last two years. Fiddling while Rome burns covers it I think.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago-clubs-like-bolton-bury-faced/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

So what happened about last night's deadline? 

Do Bury still exist 

EFL deadlines are a movable feast; from the BBC website:

Bury are waiting to hear if a last-ditch offer to buy the League One club will save them from being expelled from the English Football League.

Owner Steve Dale told BBC Radio Manchester he had agreed a deal with analytics company C&N Sporting Risk, led by Henry Newman and Rory Campbell.

The EFL said it had been notified of an offer being accepted by Dale.

Bury had been given until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove their financial viability.

The EFL is now considering an extension to the deadline.

23 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Good old club, Bury. Hope they hold on.

Happy memories of a 1-1 draw there in 1989...our promotion season.

One of the friendliest clubs I ever visited. Its the 2-2 draw for me, when a certain Paddy Kenney in the Bury goal made stunning save after stunning save. With South Park popular at the time I still remember the plaintive plea 'FFS somebody kill Kenney' 

On 24/08/2019 at 13:32, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Good old club, Bury. Hope they hold on.

Happy memories of a 1-1 draw there in 1989...our promotion season.

Opening fixture wasn’t it Mike 

Remember that day quite vividly , arriving quite early and finding all the entrances still locked !

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1