IGNORED

Kalas injury

Spike

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was than when Waghorn clattered him late?

Lucky waghorn doesn't have previous fir clattering City players late:grr:

I watched the game last night and was a bit disappointed with some of Derby’s players actually. 

Given it was a friendly, Waghorn certainly ‘left one’ on Kalas to cause this injury, and Lawrence twice went in late on Bailey Wright - one of them i thought was very naughty, coming through very late with elbow raised. 

Bit shit of them in what’s essentially meant to be a half-paced run out. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I watched the game last night and was a bit disappointed with some of Derby’s players actually. 

Given it was a friendly, Waghorn certainly ‘left one’ on Kalas to cause this injury, and Lawrence twice went in late on Bailey Wright - one of them i thought was very naughty, coming through very late with elbow raised. 

Although that was a competitive game, it's what they did for the first 45 minutes at Ashton Gate as well.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

And therein lies the reason why you don't pre-season with divisional rivals.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Followed by their guy picking up a booking for grappling with Brownhill(?) To stop him getting away.

I suppose that footballers need to practice cheating as much as their passing?

19 minutes ago, INCRED said:

And Preston!!

Yeah and maybe Birmingham too? Seems like teams that beat us are usually quite over physical. Need to get a nasty midfielder in I reckon. Joe Williams is that.

For the life of me, I don't know why we went to the US to play an English team and a third division American side, especially when this is the time MLS sides are eager to play against European opposition.

I'm sure the facilities are brilliant, but I had hoped for a bit more when the USA tour was announced.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah and maybe Birmingham too? Seems like teams that beat us are usually quite over physical. Need to get a nasty midfielder in I reckon. Joe Williams is that.

Birmingham’s centre half’s bullied fam all night,  jukecovich gave our centre half’s a hard time, thought they done a proper job on us and thoroughly deserved the points.

Is this football or netball we are playing?

To be successful you need to play good football but you also need the earn the right to play and some teams do their utmost to stop that. We need to meet that physicality.

Derby played great football at times last season and were close to being successful and know how to mix it and dominate. We need to play teams like this.

Fed up of people moaning about the likes of Millwall - they play their way - match it and then add some quality to win it instead of the lame excuses after.

5 hours ago, EnderMB said:

For the life of me, I don't know why we went to the US to play an English team and a third division American side, especially when this is the time MLS sides are eager to play against European opposition.

I'm sure the facilities are brilliant, but I had hoped for a bit more when the USA tour was announced.

The MLS sides want to play PL and other top European teams. Not our level. 

On 14/07/2019 at 17:15, JonDolman said:

Derby were possibly the dirtiest side I saw all season down the gate.

6 hours ago, INCRED said:

And Preston!!

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought Bolton were somewhat physical too- physicality is fine but it's about being the right side of that line. Don't recall if it was the Cup or the League game that stood out but one did.

5 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Birmingham’s centre half’s bullied fam all night,  jukecovich gave our centre half’s a hard time, thought they done a proper job on us and thoroughly deserved the points.

Yep - it’s a jolly tough old division - we need to go with it and be more streetwise - as Weller chirped on the awesome Sound Affects album - “it’s a tough, tough world ... but you’ve gotta be tough with it, tough with it..”

5 hours ago, Meh said:

Is this football or netball we are playing?

To be successful you need to play good football but you also need the earn the right to play and some teams do their utmost to stop that. We need to meet that physicality.

Derby played great football at times last season and were close to being successful and know how to mix it and dominate. We need to play teams like this.

Fed up of people moaning about the likes of Millwall - they play their way - match it and then add some quality to win it instead of the lame excuses after.

Don’t see too many serious moans about how Derby played at AG, more observations. Leaving one on players during a friendly isn’t “mixing it up” in my eyes, I gotta say.

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The MLS sides want to play PL and other top European teams. Not our level. 

It depends on who is over. We definitely wouldn't be the first Championship side they've played, nor would we be the last. Hell, Portsmouth have gone over a few times and have played (and been thumped by) MLS sides. One time they forgot to bring their kit and had to wear their opponents away top...

25 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It depends on who is over. We definitely wouldn't be the first Championship side they've played, nor would we be the last. Hell, Portsmouth have gone over a few times and have played (and been thumped by) MLS sides. One time they forgot to bring their kit and had to wear their opponents away top...

I’m surprised Portsmouth lost that game then. That usually spurs teams on to produce better performances and pull off the world’s funniest results..!

Archived