IGNORED

Is the US trip sponsored?

Nugget

It’s the whole #visitbarrybannan or whatever the hashtag / @ is ... you see it quite a bit on Instagram when someone has been paid to go somewhere, tourist boards like visit Wales, USA etc have marketing budgets to promote their areas and spend fair amounts. Maybe the handles are the same but seems weird they would put paid promotion on the post without it. 

Not the most exciting conversation :laugh: sorry 

No idea but they seem to have taken as many staff as possible, never mind the players, eg Lisa Knights is out there and loads of other media personelle. Our FLO/SLO is out there too, I guess to liaise with any fans he might stumble across? 

IMG Academy is pretty popular with MLS teams in the states, and the Gatorade barrels/taps were everywhere in those videos too.

If I were to hazard a guess, I imagine that IMG Academy has Gatorade supply drinks for a cut price to ensure their name gets out, which is probably why every social media post seems to have the drink in there somewhere.

23 hours ago, Pezo said:

The funny thing with Gatorade is hardly any sports players drink it, most of the time they empty the bottle and just have either water or a tiny amount of squash.

Same with those lucazade bottles. 

On 15/07/2019 at 09:53, EnderMB said:

IMG Academy is pretty popular with MLS teams in the states, and the Gatorade barrels/taps were everywhere in those videos too.

If I were to hazard a guess, I imagine that IMG Academy has Gatorade supply drinks for a cut price to ensure their name gets out, which is probably why every social media post seems to have the drink in there somewhere.

From what I saw at our training session yesterday the large 'Gatorade' barrels in fact just hold water. Players are only drinking actual Gatorade if it's out of a bottle. Most players had a bottle or two during the training yesterday - it was 35 degrees, 80% humidity and not a cloud in the sky. It was exhausting just watching the training.

@EnderMB is correct - Gatorade has the contract with the IMG Academy rather than a contract with Bristol City alone.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Has anyone spotted Dean Holden in the US? Seen Jamie Mac a few times but not Holden. 

Holden is very much there. He ran most of the second half of the open training session. In LJ's words Johnson tires the players out and then gives them to "Deano" to finish them off.

On 16/07/2019 at 21:43, ExiledAjax said:

In LJ's words Johnson tires the players out and then gives them to "Deano" to finish them off.

If only the misses was like this then politely invites Megan Fox to come in and finish me off? ?

On 15/07/2019 at 12:50, RedM said:

No idea but they seem to have taken as many staff as possible, never mind the players, eg Lisa Knights is out there and loads of other media personelle. Our FLO/SLO is out there too, I guess to liaise with any fans he might stumble across? 

Travels all that way to speak to a few fans, but rarely posts on this forum these days...

Archived