IGNORED

Pigsty/Jolly Hog

Bristol Rob

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The team behind the Wapping Wharf Pigsty restaurant (there was one on Gloucester Road until a few days back) are opening a new concession at Ashton Gate.

So says the Bristol Post.

Saw this yesterday. A nice addition to #DMS but I do wonder whether they'll take Food Vouchers? 

I did wonder at first if they'd taken over the Pizzeria actually. The Pigsty at Wapping Wharf is a decent little gaff so this is a good addition. 

https://www.pigstyuk.com/

Fair play, Pigsty is a decent shout. I like the idea of giving local business more of a platform in sporting venues - think most people are sick of the generic slop that gets churned out at the likes of Wembley etc.

I do wonder if Pigsty will close their Gloucester Road joint though. I wince everytime I Cycle past on my to 5 a side, and see a 50-60 seater restaurant with no one in it!

2 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Fair play, Pigsty is a decent shout. I like the idea of giving local business more of a platform in sporting venues - think most people are sick of the generic slop that gets churned out at the likes of Wembley etc.

I do wonder if Pigsty will close their Gloucester Road joint though. I wince everytime I Cycle past on my to 5 a side, and see a 50-60 seater restaurant with no one in it!

The one on Gloucester Road closed down a few days ago.

2 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Ah, I didn't play last weak due to an injury, so that makes sense. I would cycle past every week waiting for it to be closed. I bet they're glad they got it off their hands!

Glos road seems to be on a downward spiral.  Starting with the far end really..

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

Glos road seems to be on a downward spiral.  Starting with the far end really..

Victim of it's own success unfortunately. There are some great bars and restaurants to be found, but with so much competition these days, it is difficult to support them all.

Add to that the well financed places who can ride a trading downturn and a number of good places clearly struggle to make ends meet.

That said, if you haven't tried the Coconut Tree or koocha yet, both are worth a visit.

Good news this.

A business started by Bristolian Olly Kohn and his 2 brothers. Olly played with distinction for Bristol rugby in the 00's before moving to that London to play for Harlequins.

He had some injury problems up there so as a sideline ran a pop-up hog roast business. When his dodgy knees gave up completely (not surprising, as the bloke is mahooosive) he turned the sideline into a full time operation, first in Shoreditch (natch) then coming home to Wapping Wharf.

A shame about the Gloucester Road outlet closing, if only because Pigsty Hill seemed the perfect place for a business called Pigsty! Anyhoo, I wish the big fella all the best with this latest venture.

Archived