IGNORED

Policing at Football

JulieH

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Cheers Julie. Honestly made me smile. Saw no trouble at all and every one in the group was engaged in conversation. Couldn't tell what they were talking about as I was listening to Radio Bristol obviously. 

?

Probably discussing how long it took them to drive up from Devon and Cornwall I expect ?

i am genuinely pleased with these observations, particularly with the incidents from last year, both the police, the club and fans groups were keen to move on from that and it seems so far to have been the case 

Glad nothing happened. Driving back down Coronation Road, it looked like WW3 was breaking out - 3 Heddlu vans racing down the wrong side of the road near Asda, only to cross Bedminster bridge and go back the way they came. Then 3 dog vans coming out of Bedminster going the same way. All for nothing, then?

10 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

Was that the **** in the mustard top who thought he could take on everyone and threw the ashtray?

I gave a passing copper a heads up about that, the guy deserved a slap but was worried he was gonna get himself seriously hurt.

As an aside did you see the state of the punches he threw? Seen faster moving snails!

39 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Sorry about this, not all pc plods today were from Avon and Somerset so unfortunately can't rely on local knowledge to spot the shirt. 

Nice to see we were out the vans chatting to fans ?

Oh you were all out for sure!! Lining the streets! ?

better than letting trouble flare up but little old me by myself wasnt going to get up to much!! 

38 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Sorry about this, not all pc plods today were from Avon and Somerset so unfortunately can't rely on local knowledge to spot the shirt  

So the pre match briefing showed them all 92 league clubs’ home, away and third choice shirts and the numpties couldn’t remember  which one of the two hundred and seventy six was the Bristol City home shirt. Do me a favour !!!!!

5 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I gave a passing copper a heads up about that, the guy deserved a slap but was worried he was gonna get himself seriously hurt.

As an aside did you see the state of the punches he threw? Seen faster moving snails!

He was lucky that more didn't join in! He would have had a good hiding!someone said that he was Swansea's main boy!

18 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Glad nothing happened. Driving back down Coronation Road, it looked like WW3 was breaking out - 3 Heddlu vans racing down the wrong side of the road near Asda, only to cross Bedminster bridge and go back the way they came. Then 3 dog vans coming out of Bedminster going the same way. All for nothing, then?

Just trying to get ahead of a group of Swansea fans on way back to station to ensure roads and side streets were clear of anyone who may wish to engage with them in a non friendly way , normal practice but unfortunately lights and sirens needed to battle through traffic 

18 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Just trying to get ahead of a group of Swansea fans on way back to station to ensure roads and side streets were clear of anyone who may wish to engage with them in a non friendly way , normal practice but unfortunately lights and sirens needed to battle through traffic 

I have nothing but admiration for our wonderful and undervalued police service (shut up, i do and this is no creeping to JH  :laugh:)

You use as many lights and sirens as you like, it was bloody marvelous entertainment on my otherwise boring walk home.

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Somewhat brilliantly, the three police vans turned out of West Street and set their blues on to go the wrong side of the road, get ahead of the traffic and turn left towards the Malaga estate.

However, the queue of traffic was to go straight on. Had they fed into the left turn lane as I did they’d have seen no queue and been able to turn without the palaver. Hence why with no blues I was able to stay right behind them.

Maybe knowing the roads might be useful for the team in the future and prevent panic?

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Somewhat brilliantly, the three police vans turned out of West Street and set their blues on to go the wrong side of the road, get ahead of the traffic and turn left towards the Malaga estate.

However, the queue of traffic was to go straight on. Had they fed into the left turn lane as I did they’d have seen no queue and been able to turn without the palaver. Hence why with no blues I was able to stay right behind them.

Maybe knowing the roads might be useful for the team in the future and prevent panic?

We used today colleagues from South Wales , Devon and Cornwall and Wiltshire .We had guides on some of the vans but clearly not each van! 

We will get there!!! 

10 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you very much, exactly how policing at football  should be , I will ensure it gets fed back in . 

Yesterday was my 2nd trip to AG this year (Swansea fan) and to be fair to the police they on both occasions have been decent and not confrontational like you can see with some police forces around the country. 

Glad to see/hear there wasn’t any trouble and that’s down to the policing during the day. 

So well done and I had an enjoyable day in Bristol.

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

Just one male arrested from Swansea from Ashton road prematch .

currently still in custody with us 

If this was for the incident outside the Rising Sun pre match then this gentleman got exactly what he was looking for.

My son and I parked up at 12.30 by the Orchard and he and his mate were drunk then carrying glass pint pots down the street giving it the big one in their stone island . Later when we walked past the Rising Sun at 2.30 only to see them again brawling and shedding claret i did think to myself he will regret his actions when he looks in the mirror in the morning.

Nothing but a total idiot  I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

I’m not really sure how due to police cuts forces having to pool resources for events is a money making exercise. 

If the emergency services were funded properly they wouldn’t have to drag officers up from different places. 

There is definitely no money made by police from having to use other forces. 

It is always the last resort to use outside forces, and came after mandatory rest days being cancelled for some Bristol police ,

I feel the South Wales police unit  works really well to engage with their own fans and gives a familiar face to some. We also sent officers to Swansea last season to assist in policing city fans at their game in Swansea , worked well although again needed a local guide particularly as spent most of the time in Swansea city centre ?

3 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Pretty certain this fella was just cycling round BS3 area before the game... thought it was abit random tbh 

Saw him riding down Glos Road at lunchtime whilst I was waiting for the bus, so he was definitely on a bike.  He looked harmless enough tbf but still a bit weird him being allowed to wear an opposition shirt in a home end. 

Archived