IGNORED

Policing at Football

JulieH

29 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Public order offence . 

Meaning?

Also, were there any fighting you know of? As I left the game I walked to the cumberland basin and there was a group of about 20 Swansea fans going at people, said it’ll end in tears. Only a few retaliated that I saw but it was just handbags.

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Meaning?

Also, were there any fighting you know of? As I left the game I walked to the cumberland basin and there was a group of about 20 Swansea fans going at people, said it’ll end in tears. Only a few retaliated that I saw but it was just handbags.

There must have been some fighting. Saw a guy with a ripped shirt, bloodied and bruised face on Coronation Road. 

5 hours ago, lenred said:

Saw him riding down Glos Road at lunchtime whilst I was waiting for the bus, so he was definitely on a bike.  He looked harmless enough tbf but still a bit weird him being allowed to wear an opposition shirt in a home end. 

Wasn't the same lad who got in wearing a Boro shirt last year was it? He was riding a bike around before the game and later got removed from the Dolman before kick-off.

I’m pissed off if there was no trouble. I was in the car on the way home by Asda and three police vehicles were trying to get through the traffic. 

I was therefore forced to pull across to the left and up onto the kerb to let them through. 

This manoeuvre resulted in me scuffing the alloys on my brand new motor. 

So if this was all for nothing then I am majorly pissed!! 

Those ghastly football fans at it again I see...?

Oh wait- what??

Also, separately- more of those football fans making trouble this time in Japan- oh wait!

Not suggesting that rugby fans are groping  as they seem like two separate categories in this instance, but they appear not to be behaving so well out there in Japan.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/lifestyle/travel/2019-10-04-dont-do-this-youre-in-japan-rowdy-rugby-fans-give-tourists-a-bad-name/

It may or may not be violent but it'd be getting a LOT more coverage were it football fans IMO. Especially bad to be acting up in Japan as they are rather reserved as a nation I believe?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sort of policing related, but don't know where to start with this one...

EIt44uzWoAAAQzT.jpg

He's been banned home and away, because he was drinking alcohol with the pitch in sight? If so, that might be the rules, but extremely over the top and heavy handed, and quite frankly, damn right pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Akira said:

He's been banned home and away, because he was drinking alcohol with the pitch in sight? If so, that might be the rules, but extremely over the top and heavy handed, and quite frankly, damn right pathetic. 

I've read elsewhere that it was cough syrup- sorry I'll dig it out and post it for context.

Don't know if it was an FBO or a club imposed ban- that can I believe make a difference, in terms of the effectiveness of enforcing away bans.

Indeed, seems not to be within their jurisdiction as such.

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Don't imagine you would be allowed to take a glass bottle in?Suppose clear plastic would be best option.

You’re not allowed to take a hip flask in so why decant from one banned item to another? My point really is that if this was genuinely cough mixture, why wouldn’t you take it in it’s original vessel? A hip flask, if found, is only really going to lead stewards at a football ground to one conclusion, isn’t it. I’ve never known anyone carry anything other than alcohol in an hip flask. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

You’re not allowed to take a hip flask in so why decant from one banned item to another? My point really is that if this was genuinely cough mixture, why wouldn’t you take it in it’s original vessel? A hip flask, if found, is only really going to lead stewards at a football ground to one conclusion, isn’t it. I’ve never known anyone carry anything other than alcohol in an hip flask. 

I assume if you were caught with the hip flask and could prove by the taste or smell that the contents were cough syrup it probably wouldn't be a problem. I would imagine if it was in a glass bottle it would not be allowed even if it was cough syrup.If its original container was glass it probably wouldn't be allowed in regardless of contents.Agree with you though that probably not the wisest choice of container. 

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

There’s very little shame in having a tickle 

would you in a stadium full of people who are dying to pick on someone so they can vent their spleen(not sure on origins of that one) take out a small one mill two mill white plastic spoon (yes I have one in my hand) to drink whisky, next you will be telling me to take ice with it. Let me tell you there is only one thing to take with a single malt and that's  another one. 

to answer your comment was there a slap first?

Archived