IGNORED

Policing at Football

JulieH

5 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What happened to the Dutch "fans" involved in a riot against Millwall (h)?

They are still on released under investigation bail as being dealt with by investigations .

will try and get an update but probably won’t be this week as it’s a little busy at the moment ?

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

BE WARNED

The OB will come knocking on your door 12 months plus after the alleged incident. They are happy to string out incidents for a long period of time before you get a door knocked in - and it gets near a court.

Why pick on the City lads and not the Millwall scum also? How many have been charged from Millwall?

I understand 5 have been charged from millwall but I am not dealing with the case, I can confirm but again will take time. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

BE WARNED

The OB will come knocking on your door 12 months plus after the alleged incident. They are happy to string out incidents for a long period of time before you get a door knocked in - and it gets near a court.

Why pick on the City lads and not the Millwall scum also? How many have been charged from Millwall?

I don't think many reasonable people will see anything wrong with someone who has committed a crime getting a 'knock on the door' even if it is a year after the event.

On 15/07/2019 at 21:26, JulieH said:

I got out of the police car with another football officer as we saw the ‘ flag’ and he wanted a photo of me with it.?

i shook hands and stood chatting to 5 or 6 people , as did my colleague , probably for about 15 mins and we then left . We left because one Male was particularly vocal about our presence and we didn’t wish to create a scene .

i was there in wsm to assist the local units as. numbers were below minimum levels due to abstractions for nass festival , I then left and dealt with other jobs throughout the centre, including requesting a group of city fans to leave a pub as the licensee had phoned requesting their removal . I did not return to the area as we were then committed with another incident 

We have put extra officers into the centre for the last 4 years which has not been noticed and it is fair to say only has been noticed because of my presence ! 

They are only there to ensure officer numbers are still at minimum, there were no issues at this location as previously stated . 

I have put this event on for many years now ..It is a day for all the City lads to go to weston for a jolly ...i put a lot of thought into which venue and what date to use as we dont want to clash with other events like St pauls or harbour festival ..this year we had live music which was great and even had one of the young city lads who had his head shaved in the barbers next door  because of this we will give Mcmillan a nice amount of money which was collected  ..there was almost 500 city lads at weston this year and again not one bit of trouble which is a credit to all the city lads ....i dont like the police joining us but understand they need to keep a watch on such a big group ....i am already planning next years weston trip which again will be better than the year before......looking at getting Red arrow display team and oasis ......I wish :laugh:

10 hours ago, stephen gardiner said:

I have put this event on for many years now ..It is a day for all the City lads to go to weston for a jolly ...i put a lot of thought into which venue and what date to use as we dont want to clash with other events like St pauls or harbour festival ..this year we had live music which was great and even had one of the young city lads who had his head shaved in the barbers next door  because of this we will give Mcmillan a nice amount of money which was collected  ..there was almost 500 city lads at weston this year and again not one bit of trouble which is a credit to all the city lads ....i dont like the police joining us but understand they need to keep a watch on such a big group ....i am already planning next years weston trip which again will be better than the year before......looking at getting Red arrow display team and oasis ......I wish :laugh:

Fair play Gards. Like previous years if Weston based OB observe from a distance thats up to them but no need for the resident snake to turn up. As for that Swedish div he is simply jealous that people from another country other than Sweden have close links with City.

Message to Tommy: Your eccentricity gets a bit wearing and I would be more interested in the collapse of law and order in your own country if I were you.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Fair play Gards. Like previous years if Weston based OB observe from a distance thats up to them but no need for the resident snake to turn up. As for that Swedish div he is simply jealous that people from another country other than Sweden have close links with City.

Message to Tommy: Your eccentricity gets a bit wearing and I would be more interested in the collapse of law and order in your own country if I were you.

Take a bow my friend... take a bow......

10 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Why does it matter what member of the police force turns up?

45 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why does it matter what member of the police force turns up?

If you were to go out on the piss tonight with your mates (if you have any) would you expect a member of the OB to stand and watch you enjoy yourself?

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think many reasonable people will see anything wrong with someone who has committed a crime getting a 'knock on the door' even if it is a year after the event.

I do, I'd rather the police use their supposed limited resources in trying to stop actual crimes like the ones taking place in our fine city this week, disrupting commuters and ruining people's day rather than a few folk who are gesturing at an away end in a football match.

Each to their own though Gashead.

5 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

If you were to go out on the piss tonight with your mates (if you have any) would you expect a member of the OB to stand and watch you enjoy yourself?

I do, I'd rather the police use their supposed limited resources in trying to stop actual crimes like the ones taking place in our fine city this week, disrupting commuters and ruining people's day rather than a few folk who are gesturing at an away end in a football match.

Each to their own though Gashead.

It’s slightly different than 500 football fans having an organised meet up in Weston though isn’t it? I know nothing happened but football fans have a reputation for disorderly behaviour, and alcohol hardly makes somebody less likely to do something stupid...

Footballing incidents don’t just include ‘gesturing at an away end’, if somebody has committed a crime they should be punished should they not? The severity is irrelevant in this instance, and protesting isn’t actually a crime...

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Back to Go for you sir and to re-read the thread 

I have read it and I still don’t understand why having Julie there is any different to a policeman from Weston?

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Footballing incidents don’t just include ‘gesturing at an away end’, if somebody has committed a crime they should be punished should they not? The severity is irrelevant in this instance, and protesting isn’t actually a crime...

This proves that 1) you haven't read the thread and 2) you're incredibly naive and probably quite young, so you're forgiven.

I know someone who was banned from the Swansea game for 3 years and he didn't lay a finger on any member of staff or any of the taff *****.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s slightly different than 500 football fans having an organised meet up in Weston though isn’t it? I know nothing happened but football fans have a reputation for disorderly behaviour, and alcohol hardly makes somebody less likely to do something stupid...

Blocking a motorway isn't a crime ?

By the way, I refer you to my post above (162) if local police observe any event rather than attend to other local matters thats a matter for them. For an uninvited, generally hated police officer (by the attendees) to show up is rather different.

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I have read it and I still don’t understand why having Julie there is any different to a policeman from Weston?

I would suggest the at Police Officer from Weston would be there to supervise and punish disorder as an everyday event..... eg.... not request a banning order as punishment as they are a football fan.

Julie the Snake H was only there because the participants happened to support the same football team.... she is a 'Football Liaison Officer' or whatever she is... and her aim is to punish football related incidents with banning orders...... This wasn't a football event...... it was a gathering in a pub.

So the point is..... why didn't a normal police officer attend instead of the resident 'Football Liaison Officer' ?? Why didn't she attend The Gas's friendly as it was an actual football match?

• Admin
6 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I would suggest the at Police Officer from Weston would be there to supervise and punish disorder as an everyday event..... eg.... not request a banning order as punishment as they are a football fan.

Julie the Snake H was only there because the participants happened to support the same football team.... she is a 'Football Liaison Officer' or whatever she is... and her aim is to punish football related incidents with banning orders...... This wasn't a football event...... it was a gathering in a pub.

So the point is..... why didn't a normal police officer attend instead of the resident 'Football Liaison Officer' ?? Why didn't she attend The Gas's friendly as it was an actual football match?

I would bet that if there was any problems that day, football banning orders would have been applied for, like at last summers world cup with people watching in bars in the UK

Just from what I saw Saturday, I spoke to supporters from Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Coventy City and West Brom. I suspect it really offended some that we could all drink, laugh and joke together

15 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Ran out of likes mate.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

By the way, I refer you to my post above (162) if local police observe any event rather than attend to other local matters thats a matter for them. For an uninvited, generally hated police officer (by the attendees) to show up is rather different.

@Loon plage Surely this covers it?

image.png

31 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I think it’s called ‘justifying your existence’ TM 

(When sat in cushy post)

14 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

I’d imagine whoever blocked the road will be dealt with, what that has to do with @JulieH , I don’t really know...

39 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Interesting how you say ‘generally hated’, on here it seems like that’s coming from a vocal minority. Any figures to back up your claim?

41 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

This proves that 1) you haven't read the thread and 2) you're incredibly naive and probably quite young, so you're forgiven.

I know someone who was banned from the Swansea game for 3 years and he didn't lay a finger on any member of staff or any of the taff *****.

I have read the thread, and I’m not naïve, the fact I don’t distrust all police officers for very little reason isn’t showing naïveté, instead it shows a level of trust that professionals now what they are doing. Julie probably was at Weston on Saturday to make sure no trouble started, as it could have done with 500 people on the drink. 

I highly doubt your second point is true, it seems like another exaggeration to me...

41 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

When has Julie requested a banning order for anything that happened on Saturday? She’s also stated on here that her ‘aim’ isn’t to punish people with banning orders...

Weirdly enough, 99% of football fans manage to watch their team without having to worry about what the police are up to, it seems that a few have probably had a bad experience in the past. Maybe due to police ignorance, or maybe their own stupidity, and so now have a very blinkered view of everything the police does

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’d imagine whoever blocked the road will be dealt with

You imagine wrong and again are showing an incredible amount of naivety.

Do you not live in Bristol? If you did you'd be aware this isn't the case, there have been massive disruptions to travel in all week and they're stopping as they please tomorrow, not because of the OB.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Surely the "lawful authority or excuse" part is covered by the fact that it is a pre-planned and pre-approved protest?

But the blocks at the M32 were not pre-approved

Only the closure of Bristol Bridge was pre-agreed

Archived