IGNORED

Forest green UPDATE: ADDITIONAL ALLOCATION RECEIVED

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

League club now- did we last play/more often play them in Non League?D

Designated fixture potentially even though it's a friendly, probably linked into these regs. @JulieH or our MIA new SLO could doubtless clarify.

From a policing point of view I have no idea why all ticket . ?‍♂️

It would appear another 200 tickets have been released for city fans also.

This is my local club and I can’t remember any previous issues , however from a club point of view it is probably easier in advance to know fan numbers for catering/ stewarding etc 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

and having long queues of people paying on the gate

Never been any delay getting in there before in my experience so no reason why it should be an issue this time.

There were never going to be thousands of City fans descending on Nailsworth for a friendly.

It's a shame - it's always been a relaxed atmosphere when City play at FGR, with no problems I'm aware of, and having to buy a ticket in advance for a friendly which was never going to anywhere near fill the ground is OTT and completely unnecessary imo.

32 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Never been any delay getting in there before in my experience so no reason why it should be an issue this time.

There were never going to be thousands of City fans descending on Nailsworth for a friendly.

It's a shame - it's always been a relaxed atmosphere when City play at FGR, with no problems I'm aware of, and having to buy a ticket in advance for a friendly which was never going to anywhere near fill the ground is OTT and completely unnecessary imo.

Quite so, they simply haven't got that type of fan base .

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Could a ground of that size really cope with 1000+ people paying cash on a turnstile in a 30 minute period?

I would be surprised - we are taking circa 1500 there tonight, additionally they wouldn't want all that cash about the place

There is no indication that it will be anything but a relaxed atmosphere there this evening, I'm sure it is more about the lines above

2 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Lady at FGR says parking in the field opposite is £5

Anyone know how many spaces this is for and if it is likely to be full? I have never been but going later and don't really want to be looking everywhere for parking as haven't got a clue where I am going!!

11 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Real ale pub recommendation at FGR:

A true gem https://whatpub.com/pubs/GLO/0363/george-inn-nailsworth

Brilliant recommendation. Friendly pub in which I enjoyed two excellent pints of Cheltenham Gold and the best Cajun Chicken I've ever had, accompanied by wonderfully fluffy large homemade chips, great salsa and a well dressed salad. 

• Admin
21 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

FGR was always turn up and pay on the gate.

Always genuinely friendly from all attendees.

Why the change to having to buy in advance and all ticket? :dunno:

Also to stop scenes like these - but sadly reads like City were part of causing this problem

image.png

image.png

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Also to stop scenes like these - but sadly reads like City were part of causing this problem

image.png

image.png

Thought FG did everything they could last night to get the tickets distributed as quickly as possible. I know some tickets bought late in the day didn't find their way across the city and people had to pay again on the night but this wasnt down to FG.

I bought my ticket well in advance and when it didnt arrive in the post rang the ticket office twice and they assured me that my ticket would be at FGR. I queued and missed the kick off and first goal and when I got to the front they had no record of me - even though i showed them the email confirmation with all the info on it. I had to buy a new ticket and was assured I could get a refund from City. Just rung the ticket office and said its not their problem I have to ring FGR. - Brilliant ?

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Red7Rob said:

I bought my ticket well in advance and when it didnt arrive in the post rang the ticket office twice and they assured me that my ticket would be at FGR. I queued and missed the kick off and first goal and when I got to the front they had no record of me - even though i showed them the email confirmation with all the info on it. I had to buy a new ticket and was assured I could get a refund from City. Just rung the ticket office and said its not their problem I have to ring FGR. - Brilliant ?

Who did you purchase your ticket from?

Surely that is who should be refunding you

50 minutes ago, Red7Rob said:

What a ******* disgrace. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Who did you purchase your ticket from?

Surely that is who should be refunding you

Well I've bought from both City and FGR. I think they need to talk to each other and agree who's going to refund. They are both blaming each other at the moment.......

And this was happening to quite a number of people in the queue. So I'd like to know what has happened to them.

Archived