IGNORED

Keiran Trippier

elhombrecito

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Love it when English players go abroad to top clubs.  Hope he does well out there, always liked him from first watch on loan at Burnley.

Me too. Lets hope more follow. It will only benefit the national team, been saying it for years.. 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Me too. Lets hope more follow. It will only benefit the national team, been saying it for years.. 

Me too.  Seriously think it’s one of the reasons we can’t go the distance in major tournaments.  Foreign players come to England to add the physical and pace elements to their excellent technical skills.  They move out of their comfort zone, aided by financial riches undoubtedly helping that decision, but how many times do we see a Mid-table Prem player from some supposed backwater country be a star for that country in an international?  Too often.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.  Seriously think it’s one of the reasons we can’t go the distance in major tournaments.  Foreign players come to England to add the physical and pace elements to their excellent technical skills.  They move out of their comfort zone, aided by financial riches undoubtedly helping that decision, but how many times do we see a Mid-table Prem player from some supposed backwater country be a star for that country in an international?  Too often.

Exactly mate. For too long we have been blinded by the bright lights of the Premier League and have forgotten there are many top leagues around the world to play your football in.. as you have said the foreign lads come here already in many cases possessing the technical ability but add size and physicality to there game and become stars on the international stage.. our players have the size power and physicality in many cases but lack the technical and tactical nous required at international level.. we see it time and time again in tournament football.. Playing a slower more possession based game on the continent would Do some of our players the world of good IMO.

Just now, bris red said:

Exactly mate. For too long we have been blinded by the bright lights of the Premier League and have forgotten there are many top leagues around the world to play your football in.. as you have said the foreign lads come here already in many cases possessing the technical ability but add size and physicality to there game and become stars on the international stage.. our players have the size power and physicality in many cases but lack the technical and tactical nous required at international level.. we see it time abd time again. Playing a slower more possession based game on the continent would Do some of our players the world of good IMO.

Always thought Michael Owen came back from Real with a better all around game than he went there with.  Injuries stopped us seeing an even better player.  

Lineker even had a spell playing right wing for Barca.

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

Everyone wants more English players playing in the English top flight.

Everyone wants more English players playing in foreign top flight. 

Can't win.

I want more English players in our top flight and I want the very best to develop their game further by moving abroad.

Seems a simple equation to me.

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

Everyone wants more English players playing in the English top flight.

Everyone wants more English players playing in foreign top flight. 

Can't win.

Bollocks.

Develop more top class players.

If anyone is capable of taking a defender that's down on their luck and low on form, and transforming them into a monster, it's Simeone.

I say this every time an English player goes abroad, but I hope he does well and promotes the foreign route for English players that are looking for opportunities.

• Admin

Details of his ban starting to be released;

It was discovered that in mid-July, 2019, Trippier's friend Oliver Hawley placed ten separate bets, ranging from £20 to £65, on the full-back joining Atletico.

After placing one bet, Hawley sent Trippier a message reading: "6/1 Athletico (sic) Madrid", to which Trippier responded with three laughing emojis.

On July 12 Trippier texted Hawley: "It's happening", shortly before Hawley placed two more bets on the move to the Spanish side.

On July 14 another friend, Matthew Brady, met Trippier at a wildlife park and later texted to ask: "Shall I lump on you going there?".

Trippier later said: "Lump on if you want mate."

As the transfer came closer to being finalised, Hawley and another two friends placed further bets ranging between £20 and £300.

When Trippier messaged a WhatsApp friends' group saying: "Done deal", he received a text from Brady saying: "Could only put a little bit on mate, they massively restricted the bet, keep me posted pal".

The player replied: "No worries mate."

The £25million transfer was finally announced on July 17.

20210106_204230.jpg

20210106_204242.jpg

I would have thought this would be treated as insider trading and as such could be an unlimited fine and 7 years in prison but from a little look it's basically handed from the UKGC to the FA to deal with. Knowing the FA they would probably wonder where the issue is!

7 hours ago, alexukhc said:

This prob happens a lot

Of course it does, it's the bookies at fault here for running such betting markets. I have a friend who is the best mate of an out of work football manager and I'm just waiting to hear when he has his next job lined up before its officially announced ? 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Of course it does, it's the bookies at fault here for running such betting markets. I have a friend who is the best mate of an out of work football manager and I'm just waiting to hear when he has his next job lined up before its officially announced ? 

Funny that cos I’ve got a new mate I met on a football forum that has a friend who is the best mate of an out of work football manager and I’m just waiting to hear when he has his next job lined up before it’s officially announced. ???

keep me posted ‘new friend weepywall’

36 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Funny that cos I’ve got a new mate I met on a football forum that has a friend who is the best mate of an out of work football manager and I’m just waiting to hear when he has his next job lined up before it’s officially announced. ???

keep me posted ‘new friend weepywall’

Perhaps he'll turn into a 'pal' person and not a 'mate' man.. 

As Mark Corrigan pointed out, it's a f****** minefield

• Admin
5 hours ago, weepywall said:

Similar situation with the appointment of a new Manager at Bath City

Bookies refused the pay out as so many people back the same person the day before he was announced

But on the flip side I know someone who works at Weston FC, not connected directly with the football club they are banned from betting on anything relating to Weston

I remember a few years back where crowned western league Champions, Bishop Sutton, drew Clevedon of the league above in one of the early FA cup rounds the following season. 

On paper Clevedon had struggled the previous season and what Betway hadn’t taken into account was that the Sutton Manager had departed for pastures new taking the whole team with him. Sutton were struggling to field a side at this point and word got round about the odds being offered. I know many local footballers were lumping on Clevedon for a home win, with Clevedon I believe winning 3-1. Many a happy western league dressing room that day. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Doubt he was aware of the betting rules that could be breached or certainly wasn't thinking of them at the time.

That wouldn't be the case, one of the specific lessons that players are taught about and drummed into them

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I remember a few years back where crowned western league Champions, Bishop Sutton, drew Clevedon of the league above in one of the early FA cup rounds the following season. 

On paper Clevedon had struggled the previous season and what Betway hadn’t taken into account was that the Sutton Manager had departed for pastures new taking the whole team with him. Sutton were struggling to field a side at this point and word got round about the odds being offered. I know many local footballers were lumping on Clevedon for a home win, with Clevedon I believe winning 3-1. Many a happy western league dressing room that day. 

I'd completely forgotten about that, being from Weston it was hard to back Clevedon but all was forgiven later in the day

Archived