IGNORED

Who do we usually beat and who are our 'bogey' teams?

robc

I’ve been to notts county 5 times and never seen a win including being 2-1 up going into injury time to lose 3-2.Although unlikely to play them again for a while hopefully.

Basically we,ve had loads of bogey sides especially the 1980-82 period!

Brentford,Bournemouth and Swindon always bought out the worst in us and for 5 yrs that dodgy lot in south glos.

At the moment it’s Preston and dirty Leeds.

Hopefully 4/8 will be the day

coyr

On 19/07/2019 at 18:29, Victory Park Reds said:

I’ve been to notts county 5 times and never seen a win including being 2-1 up going into injury time to lose 3-2.Although unlikely to play them again for a while hopefully.

Basically we,ve had loads of bogey sides especially the 1980-82 period!

Brentford,Bournemouth and Swindon always bought out the worst in us and for 5 yrs that dodgy lot in south glos.

At the moment it’s Preston and dirty Leeds.

Hopefully 4/8 will be the day

coyr

Seen us win on our last visit there. JET pen in the 90th min

Reading at home seems to be a game where we just play horrendous. Wouldn’t say bogey team as it’s not like they play well. We just don’t turn up. Derby away. Can’t remember our last win at pride park

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Leeds at home, Preston at home, Fulham at home...... All big bogies. Beat those at home this season and we win the league.

Not sure on that we have also struggled against sides at the other end of the table in recent years. 

Simple rule of thumb.

Our bogey teams will always be those well below us in the table when we need to beat them and are expected to, but, especially at home, will usual make a complete horlicks of it.

Teams we invariably beat are those at the top end of the table and often on a good run of form, when we are coming on the back of poor results and given little chance.

On 18/07/2019 at 06:46, Oh Louie louie said:

Walsall and mansfield in the 80s.

I remember us beating Walsall around 5 times in the 80s and getting 4 or 5 draws against them - and we also beat Mansfield in three consecutive games during that decade whilst winning and drawing a few more, I wouldn’t call them bogey sides based on that 

On 20/07/2019 at 19:54, OldlandReddies said:

Leeds at home, Preston at home, Fulham at home...... All big bogies. Beat those at home this season and we win the league.

In truth our home form hasn’t been up to much against anybody for a few seasons now. 

Archived