IGNORED

SUPPORTER LIAISON UPDATE

Matt Parsons

Hello

I wanted to update you personally about a change to my role. 

As some of you are already aware, during last season and during this pre-season I have taken on the responsibility of player logistics for the first team, including away travel operations for all domestic fixtures. 

This role has now been formalised with me being appointed as Head of Player Logistics, effective immediately. This means that I will have to relinquish the Supporter Liaison Officer position but I have been working behind the scenes with Ryan Corrigan, who will head up the liaison with our fans. Ryan has been with the business for a year heading up Supporter Services and some of you may have already spoken to him. Ryan has worked closely with me and the BCFC management team and understands that our Supporters should be at the heart of everything we do operationally. There will be some advancements in supporter liaison services next season, specifically for City fans, particularly on match day and social media.

I will be introducing Ryan to key groups over the coming weeks and he is keen to open channels of communication. He can be contacted at  slo@bcfc.co.uk

Finally, I also wanted to thank you for all your support during my time as SLO, it has been a pleasure meeting many of you and I value the relationships we have created. I’m thrilled to be moving into this new role but I’m still here and no doubt will see you at games in the future.

COYR

Matt

Didn't even realise you were still in your role the only time I've seen you at home or away games over the past few months was when you were swanning around with players or club officials. 

When you started flying with the team more than you replied on here the writing was on the wall 

Personally I spoke to you at away ground just after you first joined and you were a pleasant guy,  so wish you all the best with your new role. But yet again another clear indication our club don't take the role as seriously as many other clubs do

• Admin
1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello

As some of you are already aware, during last season and during this pre-season I have taken on the responsibility of player logistics for the first team, including away travel operations for all domestic fixtures. 

This role has now been formalised with me being appointed as Head of Player Logistics, effective immediately. This means that I will have to relinquish the Supporter Liaison Officer position but I have been working behind the scenes with Ryan Corrigan, who will head up the liaison with our fans. Ryan has been with the business for a year heading up Supporter Services and some of you may have already spoken to him. Ryan has worked closely with me and the BCFC management team and understands that our Supporters should be at the heart of everything we do operationally. There will be some advancements in supporter liaison services next season, specifically for City fans, particularly on match day and social media.

I will be introducing Ryan to key groups over the coming weeks and he is keen to open channels of communication. He can be contacted at  slo@bcfc.co.uk

Finally, I also wanted to thank you for all your support during my time as SLO, it has been a pleasure meeting many of you and I value the relationships we have created. I’m thrilled to be moving into this new role but I’m still here and no doubt will see you at games in the future.

COYR

Matt

Will he be interacting on here? 

Screenshot_20190717-180010_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm intrigued by the "Head of Player Logistics" role? 

Does anyone know what that means and how did we manage without one before?

Presumably he books the hotels and makes sure the players know where and when they need to be....... 

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Presumably he books the hotels and makes sure the players know where and when they need to be....... 

Probably covered by the Football Secretary previously. Perhaps we needed someone who works more directly with the players a la Tour Manager role that we see with cricket teams etc., rather than the traditional office based administrator/secretary function. The office based role is more 9-5, Mon - Fri (some MatchDays), and so having a dedicated member of staff for the hotel/travel & transport, less tied to BS1 (and dare I say with minimal childcare, family tie commitments) can only be a good thing when it comes to meeting players' (and operational) needs out on the road. I suspect its very much in line with the shift to a more PR progressive club. Just look at the amount of orchestrated digital content from the Florida trip to see that someone is needed to organise the troops and get them walking correctly from accommodation to pool to training and back again, for the benefit of our comms teams. 

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I'm sorry, who are you? 

Good luck anyway, whoever you are. 

I wonder if the new liaison officer will liaise? 

Not getting all the emojis you are getting as you have echoed my thoughts and I’m sure many more not prepared to pipe up.

Really poor liaison from the club has continued apart from to the selected few.

Hopefully the next guy will do better but not holding my breath.

15 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I too would be interested to hear more about this new role. I’m sure it must involve more than @GlastonburyRedsuggests, ie getting players to walk from A to B as it would be a very sad time if someone is being paid to do this! I guess there must be a real need for someone to do this role or someone wouldn’t be employed to do it, wonder what the requirements were. I might have applied if hearding players in their swimmies was an option ?

Regarding the new SLO, welcome. It’s going to be difficult having a role in the club and giving time to this important position, Adam Baker and Rachel Lemar couldn’t manage it. Indeed Matt Parsons who was employed full time in the role didn’t manage to respond ( on this forum) very often, possibly to him already devoting time to the role he now finds himself in.

I hope the changes are positive for all, employees and fans alike.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I too would be interested to hear more about this new role. I’m sure it must involve more than @GlastonburyRedsuggests, ie getting players to walk from A to B as it would be a very sad time if someone is being paid to do this! I guess there must be a real need for someone to do this role or someone wouldn’t be employed to do it, wonder what the requirements were. I might have applied if hearding players in their swimmies was an option ?

Regarding the new SLO, welcome. It’s going to be difficult having a role in the club and giving time to this important position, Adam Baker and Rachel Lemar couldn’t manage it. Indeed Matt Parsons who was employed full time in the role didn’t manage to respond ( on this forum) very often, possibly to him already devoting time to the role he now finds himself in.

I hope the changes are positive for all, employees and fans alike.

It's funny how the club keep on- well based on the last 3 in any case- but especially with Adam Baker and Rachel Lemar- employing people already in positions to do the dual role- to an extent Matt Parsons too, because of as you say the role he now finds himself in eating into that.

To get it right the club need somebody who is totally separate from other, unrelated roles and who will remain so- otherwise it'll just dilute it and the response times, response rates, engagement will suffer- like Adam Baker with his matchday duties a prime example, how could he engage properly on the day? Short answer, he couldn't or with great difficulty!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It was Matt who organised all of the travel, ESTAs, VISAs etc for the Tampa trip. He accompanied players to the US embassy for VISA applications, he did the site visit to IMG Academy to check the facilities before they booked the trip. It's that kind of stuff that I imagine is covered by this new role, much more than just telling the players where to be at a given time. If you've ever done one single VISA application then I'm sure you can imagine how much work it is to organise a trip for 30+ people, some of whom have less than straightforward nationalities. He's already been doing this kind of stuff recently as well as his SLO duties.

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It was Matt who organised all of the travel, ESTAs, VISAs etc for the Tampa trip. He accompanied players to the US embassy for VISA applications, he did the site visit to IMG Academy to check the facilities before they booked the trip. It's that kind of stuff that I imagine is covered by this new role, much more than just telling the players where to be at a given time. If you've ever done one single VISA application then I'm sure you can imagine how much work it is to organise a trip for 30+ people, some of whom have less than straightforward nationalities. He's already been doing this kind of stuff recently as well as his SLO duties.

Ok, yes I accept this trip involved a lot of unusual work. But a full time, day to day basis do the players need a PA to that extent? 

Nothing against him personally, it’s the roll created I am questioning.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Are our squad capable of completing this themselves? 

I literally booked ESTAs VISAs for myself last week. It's a piece of cake 

4 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello

COYR

Matt

Good luck Matt.  Did you accept the job on the basis of a trip to Florida or the shiny jacket we saw you in! ???

Hopefully see you around The Gate.

4 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello

COYR

Matt

Are you suggesting that you did a shoddy job, Matt???? Best wishes on the new role!

Well done Matt and good luck with your new role...sounds interesting. Don't quite understand all the negativity on here about your level of engagement. Maybe we need to understand that this forum only represents a very small part of City's support and the fact is you communicated and liased with fans in a variety of ways...social media for one. At least that's my experience! 

All the best mate!  

7 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello

COYR

Matt

Hi Matt, I'm not sure if i can help you from your post, but I will feed the issues that you've raised back to the team concerned.

Could you please call Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600 if you need to discuss the matter further?

Thanks

Stortz

To be honest I’ve never really understood what the role/purpose of the FLO is supposed to be. I know DaveL was the first with MattP taking over when DaveL stood down but the one meeting I had with MattP about the dreadful PA system was frankly a waste of time - he freely admitted that he had no influence on matters outside of his remit......:cool2:.....whatever the FLO remit is.............:dunno:

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To be honest I’ve never really understood what the role/purpose of the FLO is supposed to be. I know DaveL was the first with MattP taking over when DaveL stood down but the one meeting I had with MattP about the dreadful PA system was frankly a waste of time - he freely admitted that he had no influence on matters outside of his remit......:cool2:.....whatever the FLO remit is.............:dunno:

You attended a meeting?

37 minutes ago, phil_clevedon said:

Well done Matt and good luck with your new role...sounds interesting. Don't quite understand all the negativity on here about your level of engagement. Maybe we need to understand that this forum only represents a very small part of City's support and the fact is you communicated and liased with fans in a variety of ways...social media for one. At least that's my experience! 

All the best mate!  

Spot on pal ..... there’s prats on here who say things like “every City fan hates x player” or “every City fan is against signing x player” - they think they know what EVERY City fan on the planet is thinking - it’s laughable.... thanks for highlighting it again...

Archived