IGNORED

SUPPORTER LIAISON UPDATE

Matt Parsons

I’m sorry but why the need to have a pop at the bloke? I’m sure whatever issues you/other supporters have had with the club then @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO aslong as it falls within his jurisdiction he’d do his best to sort it and if not atleast point you in the right direction. Not really sure what else you expect him to do if I’m honest? 

7 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Didn't even realise you were still in your role the only time I've seen you at home or away games over the past few months was when you were swanning around with players or club officials.

Think that's pretty unfair. It's been a while since I missed an away game and I always see Matt waiting about just to speak to or be available for supporters before kick off in the concourse or stand if they want to talk to him. He always takes the trouble to say hello and takes a genuine interest.

To be honest if you asked me to stand about on my own just so random people could come up and talk or get something off their chest - invariably with occasional  rambling Coach 1 ear bashing - I'd run a mile, so he deserves a medal for lasting this long.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

To be honest I’ve never really understood what the role/purpose of the FLO is supposed to be. I know DaveL was the first with MattP taking over when DaveL stood down but the one meeting I had with MattP about the dreadful PA system was frankly a waste of time - he freely admitted that he had no influence on matters outside of his remit......:cool2:.....whatever the FLO remit is.............:dunno:

I wouldn't expect the FLO to have responsibility for the PA system, if you went into that meeting with that expectation than that's foolish of you. 

However I would expect the FLO to have the responsibility to pass on the concerns of people like yourself, to the people who are responsible for the PA system. 

Good luck in your new role Matt.

One bit of advice I'd give you is, to actually liaise with the players. If you do that I'm sure you will be more successful in your new role than you were in your previous role.

Thank you for taking the time to not reply to many people's concerns over the past few months. 

43 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

He might well be. He could well be Princess Dianas ghost for all I know, but I can only speak of my own experience.

Good luck to the fella though. 

What in your views was he meant to do differently? 

Moaning for the sake of moaning without actually putting any suggestions about how things should be better, in your view. 

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I wouldn't expect the FLO to have responsibility for the PA system, if you went into that meeting with that expectation than that's foolish of you. 

However I would expect the FLO to have the responsibility to pass on the concerns of people like yourself, to the people who are responsible for the PA system. 

Surely anything that adversely affects the fan experience is within the remit of the FLO to listen to, raise within BCFC/AG Ltd, have minuted, seek resolution through the relevant stakeholders and feedback etc Obviously at some point it will be either a yes we can fix it or no we can’t. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I met with MKelly and Matt Parsons on the PA system all to no avail. 

Eventually Mkelly explained at Senior Reds what the difficulties were and why it was taking so long to fix.

54 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Responding to emails would be a start. 

Look, as stated I can only talk about my own experience. I'm not moaning about it.  Stop being so sensitive. Is he a relation of yours?

Good luck to him. 

No not at all, just people like to moan for the sake of moaning. Did you try calling him? Try meeting him?

Its the same for the stick DaveL used to get, and I expect the part of the job he misses the least. 

You know in this modern world you are still allowed to talk face to face, or even over the telephone. Your emails could have been genuinely over looked, we all do it from time to time with work loads or are you 100% perfect at your job?

How is it being sensitive? You have made 3 posts basically saying he was shit at his job etc, all as he didn’t reply to an email from you. 

Sounds like you are the tad sensitive one to me. The only suggestions you have is to reply to an email from you, hardly awful at a job is it.

12 hours ago, RedM said:

Nothing against him personally, it’s the roll created I am questioning.

12 hours ago, phantom said:

I literally booked ESTAs VISAs for myself last week. It's a piece of cake 

Is it a roll or a cake, then?

Either way, sounds like a job for Nathan Baker. 

Good luck Matt with your new career direction at City; sounds like the clubs is becoming far more professional in all capacities. 

I've never had any dealings with you personally, as I've never had an issue that couldn't be resolved over the phone with the club shop, but all the best, I'm sure you did a top job.

A warm Welcome to Ryan Corrigan!

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Responding to emails would be a start. 

Look, as stated I can only talk about my own experience. I'm not moaning about it.  Stop being so sensitive. Is he a relation of yours?

Good luck to him. 

And the specific channel set up on OTIB for answering queries about the stadium just seemed to die on its feet, without explanation. It started well, but it just seemed as if someone somewhere decided they couldn’t be bothered any more. Maybe it wasn’t that, but I could never find a proper explanation.

• Admin

Like others have said @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO has always been a friendly and approachable figure to me and my friends

But even going back to Dave's time in the job, it never feels like the club are putting enough importance on the position, this in turn means those in the role take un-necessary flak

It does concern me that this new guy is not going to have the time for the role, when it was shared with Adam I'm not sure I was aware of one bit of liaison they did

Anyway below are a few extracts from the UEFA handbook that every club should adhering to

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Biggest problem with the SLO role is that they are an employee of the club. Obviously your number one priority if you want to keep your job is to keep your employer happy then everyone else second. I’m not knocking Matt because I’ve only ever met him once and cannot judge. However, you have to question whether the club should be able to give additional more interesting/better paid roles roles to SLO’s meaning less time to actually do the SLO role and if they don’t sing from the clubs hymn sheet they will lose the additional roles such as Matt’s new role that most fans would dream of a job like that.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The other problem is that a lot of the questions and queries people have don't fall under the 'football club' remit, and are either Bristol Sport or Ashton Gate related.

Which isn't the role.

Don't mean to sound rude but the key is in the tltle "LIAISON"

It is their responsibility to have those relationships around the place so that they can speak to the correct person

I don't think for one minute that there would ever be a question the SLO should answer without speaking to others first

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Don't mean to sound rude but the key is in the tltle "LIAISON"

It is their responsibility to have those relationships around the place so that they can speak to the correct person

I don't think for one minutes that there would every be a question the SLO should answer without speaking to others first

Believe questions were asked, but not from the position of being able to influence a decision.

Sure Matt himself did a decent job- within the constraints of the role. Wish him luck in his new job too.

Comes back to the constraints of the role though. Employee of the club as others have said, can and will restrict ability to challenge. Throw in a second role on top of it, especially one that involves matchday which was especially noticeable with Adam Baker and Rachel Lemar it seemed.

Has to be a specific role as opposed to potential for an after-thought, has to be able to bring up awkward truths the club may not want to hear, that maybe the biggest constraint and obstacle, and has to be in a position to influence. This doesn't appear to have always been the case.

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Is it a roll or a cake, then?

Either way, sounds like a job for Nathan Baker. 

Ha ha why on earth did I write roll not role? Maybe it was the autocorrect thingy as this slack use of language annoys me. I’m really (genuinely) upset with myself now. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Believe questions were asked, but not from the position of being able to influence a decision.

To be honest the communication has been appalling, and has been for a while. Questions might have been asked but answers weren’t forthcoming, even if it was I will find out and get back to you. I think in the end people would bypass the SLO and attempt to phone Supporter Services and bog them down with duplicate enquiries.

Answers were better when Mark Kelly used to respond in the Q&A section which was deemed defunct when we employed a SLO.

I always find people on this forum very helpful and ready to share information to assist others. Maybe we are all SLO’s, not sure how they are going to fit us all on the team coach though?

18 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I'm intrigued by the "Head of Player Logistics" role? 

Does anyone know what that means and how did we manage without one before?

Presumably he books the hotels and makes sure the players know where and when they need to be....... 

Coach driver?

The SLO needs to be jointly appointed by the club and representatives of the fan base. Like an election.

The last guy never seemed to respond to offer much of opinion on matters and looks like it was just a stepping stone into another role. 

We need someone more committed and ask those difficult questions without fear of getting the sack 

On 17/07/2019 at 16:55, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Didn't even realise you were still in your role the only time I've seen you at home or away games over the past few months was when you were swanning around with players or club officials. 

When you started flying with the team more than you replied on here the writing was on the wall 

Personally I spoke to you at away ground just after you first joined and you were a pleasant guy,  so wish you all the best with your new role. But yet again another clear indication our club don't take the role as seriously as many other clubs do

100% spot on the club ain’t interested 

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The SLO needs to be jointly appointed by the club and representatives of the fan base. Like an election.

The last guy never seemed to respond to offer much of opinion on matters and looks like it was just a stepping stone into another role. 

We need someone more committed and ask those difficult questions without fear of getting the sack 

I agree.

Trouble is with the SLO job is when the boardmembers take you out for private lunches it is very difficult to ask those awkward questions by the fans.

Good luck and thank you Matt. Not hating on Ryan but what was the recruitment process and how were supporters involved? They should have a voice in selecting who liaises with them. Or better still electing. 

Personally I would be interested in having Beanhead back for this role. City through and through. Fans’ preferences should trump LK’s.

Archived