IGNORED

SUPPORTER LIAISON UPDATE

Matt Parsons

On 24/07/2019 at 21:34, RedM said:

Maybe communication isn’t his thing ?

Either that or he’s away on holiday.

I mean, the two weeks leading into the new season is always a quiet time regarding supporter queries isn’t it.

In answer to some of the above, okay I was half joking but on the face of it,unlike Matt Parsons, he didn’t apply for this job. He has another full time role, just like Adam Baker and Rachel Lemar did, so realistically how much time can he give to this role, a role thrust upon him, which he most likely doesn’t want or has no interest in either.

But hey, the club has a SLO. Tick.

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

I’ve had a very nice and prompt response from the SLO regarding musical instruments at the KCOM this weekend.

Unfortunately this was from the Hull City SLO and all musical instruments, including drums, are not allowed ?

FWIW, I hate musical instruments at footy. Just sing at a higher volume if you need more noise. 

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We are doing fine without a SLO as are other supporter groups. The club should fund The Supporters Club & Trust with the money.

Dunno about that. If done right.

Then again...

This new one at least in terms of what we can visually see appears to be worse than latter day non liaising (on here) Liaison Officer Matt Parsons- and that's saying something!

You're not wrong.

Dynamic on Twitter ir appears he is not! Existent on here, he almost certainly is not!

Again he could be super efficient by email, phone and on matchday and fighting the fans corner behind the scenes- more than one way to measure it...

However, find it quite an unlikely scenario, unicorn worthy probably.

On a fundamental level, if he doesn't fight the fans corner at various times, then may as well scrap the post and yeah put the cash towards a supporters group!

I don’t know why people are surprised, I’ve said it before it obvious there is now a clear indication that club officials are not to post on here anymore.

Secondly, this isn’t the guys primary job and I doubt he even wanted it. He isn’t a full time SLO, Matt was the clubs first full time SLO and his role obviously morphed into something else. 

Personally I found the role of SLO pretty ineffective. A lone voice representing the fans amongst the bureaucracy within AG failed to deliver anything of substance.

To me the SC&T are the real fans representatives. It was they that fought our cause of the outrageous ticket price increases the club were planning.

Give the salary of the SLO to them to use as they see appropriate.

10 hours ago, Pieman said:

I’ve had a very nice and prompt response from the SLO regarding musical instruments at the KCOM this weekend.

Unfortunately this was from the Hull City SLO and all musical instruments, including drums, are not allowed ?

I emailed him about kids now being charged on the park and ride , no response.   Bit rude really. 

54 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I don’t know why people are surprised, I’ve said it before it obvious there is now a clear indication that club officials are not to post on here anymore.

Secondly, this isn’t the guys primary job and I doubt he even wanted it. He isn’t a full time SLO, Matt was the clubs first full time SLO and his role obviously morphed into something else. 

You are right, you have said it and indeed this is how it's playing out.

Interested why you think this might be the case? I think it's healthy for strong engagement between club and fans, lively questioning..

Clearly the club disagree.

That's on the club, that 2nd bit. Foisted on him, half a role.

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You are right, you have said it and indeed this is how it's playing out.

Interested why you think this might be the case? I think it's healthy for strong engagement between club and fans, lively questioning..

Clearly the club disagree.

That's on the club, that 2nd bit. Foisted on him, half a role.

For a long time there has been less and less fan involvement, for example the club didn’t even bother with a supporters club bar during the rebuild, FAN has been disbanded. 

I undestand it to a degree it is all very much more professional now at the club, fans in a way is an inconvenience. 

Im still convinced the club wanted the eastend to die when it was moved to the Williams, then moved to the atyeo. I’m sure “standing singing fans” were placed in the atyeo and not the south stand when it was first open as there were directors etc in one corner. It was always like the club wanted standing area to fail so they could get rid of it, only last season they have decided it can be useful for social media getting fans together etc. 

The less input the better from fans for the club, you pay your money, you turn up you go home. Fan involvement just means they have more hassle and extra grief for really what they would class as petty issues.

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

In this case club officials should be banned from this forum. Why should we feed them with information when they clearly are a bunch of total tits

18 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

In this case club officials should be banned from this forum. Why should we feed them with information when they clearly are a bunch of total tits

I think Julie H at least engages but yeah the rest should go forth and multiply- if they want nothing to do with us, the feeling should be mutual.

Ban any remaining current officials and make this a closed forum maybe one way to go- ie you have to register to view.

Not wholly sure what I make of the idea but it's one possible path of action?

Reckon Dave Storr would read this site but he's not logged in for 2 and a half years- shouldn't have the privilege!

For all of Julie H and her engagement too, I've always found it a little odd that given historic relations between fans and police, that a football fans forum should have a club official who is ultimately a Police Officer.

Probably good outweighs bad but always been a bit conflicted!

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

For a long time there has been less and less fan involvement, for example the club didn’t even bother with a supporters club bar during the rebuild, FAN has been disbanded. 

I undestand it to a degree it is all very much more professional now at the club, fans in a way is an inconvenience. 

Im still convinced the club wanted the eastend to die when it was moved to the Williams, then moved to the atyeo. I’m sure “standing singing fans” were placed in the atyeo and not the south stand when it was first open as there were directors etc in one corner. It was always like the club wanted standing area to fail so they could get rid of it, only last season they have decided it can be useful for social media getting fans together etc. 

The less input the better from fans for the club, you pay your money, you turn up you go home. Fan involvement just means they have more hassle and extra grief for really what they would class as petty issues.

1) Agreed. Elements of this I wasn't so aware of but yeah sounds like it- FAN disbanded- and replaced by...?

2) Yeah- I can see that viewpoint, but fans are the club ultimately. From their angle though, can see why they would see it in those terms.

3) This I do agree with you on. Especially the redevelopment and the "standing, singing fans"- Directors and corporate areas were in the South Stand in 2015/16 were they not? That was the most corporate friendly stand until the Lansdown came about. From an "image" pov, well worth sticking the vocal/standing fans well away from such posh types.

4) Yep- agreed with you on this- in spades!

Would also add the following- my view on the ideal state of play as the club would see it!

• Pay money
  • Turn up- in a nice, calm and timely manner.
  • Go round the club shop, coffee shop and buy buy buy!
  • Drink in the concourse- dual, maybe triple effect of club revenue, monitoring and yes no mad dash in the final half hour from the pub.
  • Smiley, happy, families IN- Vocal fans, groups of lads 18-I dunno mid 30s OUT or at least the balance tipped in a major way towards the former. Not that there is anything wrong with families at football, of course not but bit of accommodation for all?
  • Crude language etc to a minimum, noise acceptable if reasonably anodyne.
  • Go home in a timely manner.

@Mr Popodopolous

FAN was disbanded when the football club said they would no longer be attending any meetings, which rendered it pointless sadly. At the time they said they would be introducing a new way of fans and the club/board interacting. We’re still waiting for that to materialise. 

The new SLO Ryan Corrigan did attend this months SC&T meeting, and I presume he will continue to do this. 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1) Agreed. Elements of this I wasn't so aware of but yeah sounds like it- FAN disbanded- and replaced by...?

2) Yeah- I can see that viewpoint, but fans are the club ultimately. From their angle though, can see why they would see it in those terms.

3) This I do agree with you on. Especially the redevelopment and the "standing, singing fans"- Directors and corporate areas were in the South Stand in 2015/16 were they not? That was the most corporate friendly stand until the Lansdown came about. From an "image" pov, well worth sticking the vocal/standing fans well away from such posh types.

4) Yep- agreed with you on this- in spades!

Would also add the following- my view on the ideal state of play as the club would see it!

• Pay money
  • Turn up- in a nice, calm and timely manner.
  • Go round the club shop, coffee shop and buy buy buy!
  • Drink in the concourse- dual, maybe triple effect of club revenue, monitoring and yes no mad dash in the final half hour from the pub.
  • Smiley, happy, families IN- Vocal fans, groups of lads 18-I dunno mid 30s OUT or at least the balance tipped in a major way towards the former. Not that there is anything wrong with families at football, of course not but bit of accommodation for all?
  • Crude language etc to a minimum, noise acceptable if reasonably anodyne.
  • Go home in a timely manner.

Agree with this, but trying to view this from the club/SLO perspective, why would they even consider engaging on this or any other social media site when the majority of commentators are anonymous keyboard warriors who love to argue and knock anything and everything the club does? In my experience dealing with MP, an email/phone call or face to face chat was all that was needed. Any social media questions would be ambushed by the aforementioned anonymous buffoons which no one, especially a business would want to get dragged into. IMO the FAN or a similar alternative would be the best way forward not the so-called fan meetings/lock-ins which only represent a small minority and are far from transparent.

Archived