IGNORED

Flint Signs For Cardiff

Alan Dicks

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Surprised, he’s 30, not premier league quality and they have better options (even if bamba is injured). Middlesbrough would want their money back and for that there are many better defenders out there

Plus a nice little sell on for us I would imagine

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He’d probably be an excellent fit for a Neil Warnock team. A much more logical choice for his style of play than Bobby Reid. 

That's what everyone said when he signed for Pulis. I still say we had his best years and he is an ever declining force.

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Might not be one....plus it would have to be a profit on the £7m we sold him for....and Swindon would be owed some too.  Obviously not looking a gift horse in the mouth though ?

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Can't see boro making a profit on what they paid. Sell ons %ages are only profit usually. If anything we will lose out as I expect some of the add ons are payable upon each year of a completed season. In other words we are entitled to £250k for every year completed on his contract. That's if we have that sort of clause in place of course

30 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Ok I’ll take your word on it ?

Ha ha. Yes, there was an example in the Webster thread I think where hypothetically if we sold Webster to Villa for £x, both Ipswich and Portsmouth got their cuts. 

I think this could have legs.

Colin creams over a six foot plus player much in the same way as tiny penis and isn't put off by age or money. He'll see that he can revive Flint's career much in the same way as he's done with Bamba.

Boro seriously need to trim and as it hasn't worked out for Flinty up there they'll be looking to fleece the taffs.

I suppose one of the questions has to be whether the old dinosaur still has the wherter originals as it's long overdue for the sake of modern football world that he exits stage left like the pantomime dame he is and takes up crocheting 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Might not be one....plus it would have to be a profit on the £7m we sold him for....and Swindon would be owed some too.  Obviously not looking a gift horse in the mouth though ?

What about Alfreton Town? Our very own Danny Wilson brought Aden to Wiltshire - surely Alfreton will be holding their hands out?!

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What about Alfreton Town? Our very own Danny Wilson brought Aden to Wiltshire - surely Alfreton will be holding their hands out?!

If they had a sell-on clause they will’ve got their share too.

Surely a great move for Flinty if it turns out to be true - he will get another signing on fee and having signed a decent deal at Boro will still be getting paid off/compensated for the remainder of his contract? Plus he gets to move back closer to his besty Marlon 

We've done terrifically well here. Boro have had a shocker.

So we originally got £7m for Flinty - take off say 20% for Swindon - £5.6m profit.

Boro are selling Flinty for £6m - take off 20% for us - £1.2m - of which 20% goes to Swindon - £960k for us.

This means we've made circa £6.5m for Flint. 

Boro lose £2.2m. 

Show's how well run we are now!! 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

So we originally got £7m for Flinty - take off say 20% for Swindon - £5.6m profit.

Boro are selling Flinty for £6m - take off 20% for us - £1.2m - of which 20% goes to Swindon - £960k for us.

Boro lose £2.2m. 

Annoying that Swindon get paid twice FFS. Thought they would have only received the sell on once, from the first time Flint was sold by us. 

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

Boro lose £2.2m. 

Not sure we would stand to make anything if Boro are selling him for less than they paid us.

I think we can sit back and reflect on business well done though.

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

Boro lose £2.2m. 

Usually sell on clauses are on profit

Archived