IGNORED

Flint Signs For Cardiff

Alan Dicks

29 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Amazing.  I remember one game where he was elbowed and punched in the face in separate incidents and did not retaliate.   Immense discipline from the big man.  

3-0 home win against Swindon. He was repeatedly fouled throughout the game. Got his own back with the legendary "No...No...No" comment afterwards.

Seen a few comments on this thread about how much being here meant to him. 

IMV a tremendous amount while Cotts was in charge.

Less so subsequently.

I thought he had more class than that. Not read the thread through, I guess he has signed then? 

Well after this he can get a boo from me. I applauded him as a Boro player but he’s a shit Cardiff player now (if this isn’t a fake) so he can get the Cardiff treatment from me.

28 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Anyone else think this photo was taken with the intention to wind us up ?

1F87469D-0092-45F8-9E83-835B83B9567B.jpeg

To me, that looks like the face of a bloke none too happy to be told to do the ayatollah for the camera. 

Still love the man for his contribution whilst at City. 

A true warrior. 

• The title was changed to Flint Signs For Cardiff

There's only one club I really care about, and that's City. He was a great and iconic player while here and always gave his all - usually more than any other on the pitch, and that's what matters to me most. If he's earnt himself some more money and some bloke has told him to tap his head for a picture I couldn't really care less personally. Good luck to him... although not Cardiff as a whole, obviously!

Will get a great reception from me when he's next back at Ashton Gate.

Goals conceded:

2017/18 (with Flint): 58

2018/19 (without Flint): 53

I make that an improvement of five goals conceded. Over 46 games.

When Kalas and Webster had Niki or Frank beind them, they were generally solid; with Max for eleven games in the crucial run in from March, it was 15 conceded in 11 games, and just one clean sheet. That is a worse games/goals conceded than Flint and co over 46 games in 2017/18. Statistically worse than Flint and co in 17/18.

Ah yes, but they had rookie Max behind them, you say. Fair point.

But Kalas and Webster have not been asked to play here alongside, amongst others, Derrick Williams, Luke Ayling, Mark Little, RO'D, that crocked Swede, Korey at right back, the generally thought to be "not a full back/defender" and like Ayling "much happier in the other half" Joe "I'll be back in the left back position I vacated some moments ago just as soon as I can be bothered" Bryan, 

Unlike Flint, Kalas and Webster were not called upon to defend here in the chaos and disarray of Aug to February 2015/16; the chaos, disarray and toxicity of Lee Tomlin, post him signing permanently; the shambles of Diony/Kent Jan to May 2018. Non of this Flint's responsibility, all of it arguably impacted on the ability of the team to perform and stop the opposition scoring goals.

Until we can see Flint and Webster here together and Kalas alone (with Derrick Williams and Mark Little and Richard O'Donnell and a crocked Swede bound for the knackers yard. Oh, and Adam bloody Matthews) amongst the wreckage that was Bristol City FC in the Championship under Cotts, or Flint/Kalas and Webster trying to hold back the tide with modest support/minus Kalas (and a proper keeper; and a left back, generally where left backs should be), I don't see that we are comparing like with like.

We can have our opinions, but the crude numbers are 58/53. 

I'd have any other team in the Championship get promotion over these *****

I get the feeling it may be a bit tougher for them this time out...

Hopefully it will be a bit harder for them , no going under the radar / outsiders (they are ex-Prem after alll and SHOULD go up??

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I don't normally get pissy about ex players but what a **** going to that shower of sh!te. 

Leaving somewhere that didn't want him for somewhere that did. Yeah, what a dick... 

Archived