IGNORED

Flint Signs For Cardiff

Alan Dicks

On 18/07/2019 at 11:41, Super said:

Love how our fans say he is now shit as he is signing for Cardiff. The bloke was fantastic for us that should never be forgotten.

I would never denigrate AF, he did a great job for us and always gave 100%.  It's worked out well all round...........Flint gets his second fat signing on fee in 12 months, we make another profit, and if AF hadn't left we may have not signed the best defender in the Championship.  Strange that it is reported in the very ordinary Bristol Post that Cardiff fans are baiting us regarding Flints arrival, have they not seen our back four?  It would be hard to improve on it, I'm very  happy with how we stand at the back, although up front,  I'd have Bobby back in a flash.

Lacking a bit of respect there (photo, not signing which I could forgive) - he knew it was meant to wind us up. Deserves the same level of respect when he comes back to AG.

I wouldn’t have wanted him back as I think we have better players, however.

modern day footballer, no class! 

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Looks happy to be there......NOT!  Or is it Aden saying 'my signing on fee comes all the way to here...'

I think Colin has told him that when he passes the ball,it should never ever go any lower than this.

1 minute ago, City_pete1 said:

Lacking a bit of respect there - he knew it was meant to wind us up.

Yeah sure, he's signed onto another team to piss off a team that he loved playing for. What rubbish.

Personally I say good luck to Aden, hope Cardiff get relegated though.

1 minute ago, JammyOne said:

Yeah sure, he's signed onto another team to piss off a team that he loved playing for. What rubbish.

Personally I say good luck to Aden, hope Cardiff get relegated though.

I meant the photo, don’t begrudge him going there actually... it’s a career and all that.

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

I don't normally get pissy about ex players but what a **** going to that shower of sh!te. 

Everyone entitled to their opinions, but I don’t care that much.  Whilst he was here, he gave 100%.  He’s moved on, so have we.

He’s a professional footballer.  Footballers change clubs.  I didn’t hear much bleating from Boro fans, telling Gibson / Woodgate to keep him at all costs.  Boro have too high a wage bill, and are trying to cut their outgoings now they have another season in the Champ.  Cardiff come knocking with an appropriate offer.  Flint might prefer not to go to Cardiff, but he probably doesn’t have lots of choice. In fairness, if there are two teams with two managers who ought to be perfect for Flint it was Boro / Pulis and now Championship Cardiff / Warnock.

I don’t blame him one bit.

Assuming that when Cardiff visit the Gate he gives a respectful clap to our fans it will be reciprocated by me.

If he comes back and acts like a Bellend, then he won’t.

The only reason he had a go at Swindon was because of the way they treated him.

He didn’t diss us with Boro.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As one of Flints biggest supporters 

I agree with you

Taking part in that photo

I think he’s made himself look a cock tbh

If you look at the photo, I think he is the first to know this....I suppose players are able to say No to the Marketing department?

The question I ask myself is that if we did sell Webster, would a 30 year old with no resale value in a few years who had Flints qualities and flaws make me satisfied or disappointed as a replacement, and would I consider him good enough for a promotion chasing side?

The answer is i’d be disappointed, and I wouldn’t consider him good enough for top six at this level - particularly when Cardiff’s remainder of first eleven is weaker than Boros last year.

So, I would say a promotion rival has spent a fair chunk of money on a defender who’s probably a mid table player in their side at this level, as opposed to someone who will drag them up. They’ve also got him until he’s 33 on probably decent wages so if they don’t go up it’s a drain on finances.

In effect, they’ve signed a player who we wouldn’t re-sign (no reflection on his time here), and have not pushed themselves closer to promotion through it. On that basis, it’s probably not something to be worried about - it’s a job for the bloke after all

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I would never denigrate AF, he did a great job for us and always gave 100%.  It's worked out well all round...........Flint gets his second fat signing on fee in 12 months, we make another profit, and if AF hadn't left we may have not signed the best defender in the Championship.  Strange that it is reported in the very ordinary Bristol Post that Cardiff fans are baiting us regarding Flints arrival, have they not seen our back four?  It would be hard to improve on it, I'm very  happy with how we stand at the back, although up front,  I'd have Bobby back in a flash.

I won’t bring myself to boo AF due to his achievements with us, but I will NEVER EVER applaud a player wearing a Cardiff shirt no matter who he is, as for that photo of him today trying to mock us, shows exactly how much he appreciates his time here and sticking two fingers up to all the fans who some gave him legendary status,  it’s not banter it’s him being a c0ck, from a player who’d purposely turn up early to AG so he didn’t have to stand around signing autographs or having pictures.

Cardiff fans can bait until the cows come home for all I care, you have AF for we have the best 2 in the League by a country mile.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Everyone entitled to their opinions, but I don’t care that much.  Whilst he was here, he gave 100%.  He’s moved on, so have we.

He’s a professional footballer.  Footballers change clubs.  I didn’t hear much bleating from Boro fans, telling Gibson / Woodgate to keep him at all costs.  Boro have too high a wage bill, and are trying to cut their outgoings now they have another season in the Champ.  Cardiff come knocking with an appropriate offer.  Flint might prefer not to go to Cardiff, but he probably doesn’t have lots of choice. In fairness, if there are two teams with two managers who ought to be perfect for Flint it was Boro / Pulis and now Championship Cardiff / Warnock.

I don’t blame him one bit.

Assuming that when Cardiff visit the Gate he gives a respectful clap to our fans it will be reciprocated by me.

If he comes back and acts like a Bellend, then he won’t.

The only reason he had a go at Swindon was because of the way they treated him.

He didn’t diss us with Boro.

I think this pretty perfectly sums up how I feel. I’ll always like Flinty- he was part of ‘that’ team. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As one of Flints biggest supporters 

I agree with you

Ex Bristol City player signs for Cardiff. Quickest way to win them over???

Answer = Put your hands on head 

He’ll get a clap ? from me when he visits.

48 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I won’t bring myself to boo AF due to his achievements with us, but I will NEVER EVER applaud a player wearing a Cardiff shirt no matter who he is, as for that photo of him today trying to mock us, shows exactly how much he appreciates his time here and sticking two fingers up to all the fans who some gave him legendary status,  it’s not banter it’s him being a c0ck, from a player who’d purposely turn up early to AG so he didn’t have to stand around signing autographs or having pictures.

Cardiff fans can bait until the cows come home for all I care, you have AF for we have the best 2 in the League by a country mile.

He’s a footballer,he enjoyed himself here but legendary status Christ almighty 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As one of Flints biggest fans

He does look a right plonker but then he’s probably embarrassed at wearing a blue shirt but laughing all the way to bank.......

Nice guy with great sense of humour and because of that became fans favourite but limited in terms of footballing ability. Very much a 1970s ‘head it and kick it’ CB but despite his limitations he’s done pretty well for himself. Always gave his all tho but so do lots of players.

City have a very talented replacement for Flint in Webster. The guy has everything, pace, quick feet, good in the air - can you imagine Flint bringing the ball out as Webster does?       

Webster is the best CB I’ve seen in a City shirt in over 50 years. Top class!

I'm sure all their players participate in this but ah well we would do the same. For some reason I'm not bothered like many on here. Haven't considered it a proper rivalry since the Wilson days and early GJ days.

Still if Cardiff don't go up they will revert to getting 14k a week at home again.

Can’t say I’m hugely bothered about this. Flint was a great servant for us, a decent player and he was a key part of an upward period in our history. But I always felt his reputation in terms of ability was artificially enhanced by his cult status. The clear superiority of both Webster and Kalas ability-wise pretty much proves the point.

For me this is a local rival signing a player we know better than anyone isn’t as good as what we’ve now got. As a potential promotion rival this season I actually find that quite reassuring.

You beat me to it @ChippenhamRed. Can't say that Cardiff photo bothers me in the least. Aden was part of one of the finer City sides in the 50 years I've been following the club and a bit of a legend. That ended when he left last year. Good luck to him. Can't imagine he'll finish his career with memories any fonder than those of playing for us.

As for the Cardiff publicity department - all looks a bit desperate...do they really imagine that many Bristol City fans care? Bobby Reid? Had one good season for us...had a poor one for them...we took millions off them...

Archived