IGNORED

Flint Signs For Cardiff

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

If you look at the photo, I think he is the first to know this....I suppose players are able to say No to the Marketing department?

46 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Of course they are

You could say no to your new employers first request of you. Not the best way to stat your new job though.

Better bet, do as they ask, but with a facial expression that lets everyone else (us) know you're not happy about it.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

To be fair he does look like he's just committed a dirty and shameful act.

I wish him all the best but Aden, no, no no.

Yep.

He was immense for us mind so whilst a shit move so far as we are concerned, he's still in credit for me at present.

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd forgotten. Cheers.

Be interesting to hear a few taffs views, they'll be having another name change to Bristol City Reserves next.

They could've got Frankie Fielding in the building and signed Nicky Hunt for a punt but I guess that even Colin knows Hunt's a ****; takes one to know one. 

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

I would never denigrate AF, he did a great job for us and always gave 100%.  It's worked out well all round...........Flint gets his second fat signing on fee in 12 months, we make another profit, and if AF hadn't left we may have not signed the best defender in the Championship.  Strange that it is reported in the very ordinary Bristol Post that Cardiff fans are baiting us regarding Flints arrival, have they not seen our back four?  It would be hard to improve on it, I'm very  happy with how we stand at the back, although up front,  I'd have Bobby back in a flash.

Up front, I'd have Flint back in a flash too

30 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

You could say no to your new employers first request of you. Not the best way to stat your new job though.

Better bet, do as they ask, but with a facial expression that lets everyone else (us) know you're not happy about it.

I’m sure they would forgive him if he done the business on the pitch

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Flinty was a warrior for us. Don’t understand the vitriol towards him. It’s likely his last contract so I say go for it Aiden. Also brings him closer to him to Marlon and their wives. 

Kalas and Webster are years ahead anyway.

So true,he was touch notch in league 1 years ago but to think we have Webster and kalas now,levels above 

Flint gave nothing but 100 % for us was an absolute class proffesional , even signed a new contract enabling us to command a larger fee when he left , i have nothing but good words towards aden all thoose that slate him have a look at yourselfs its embarrassing    

End of the day it’s just a job for him, he has ties towards this way so think it’s more about that, I do think he would’ve improved under Woodgate though at Boro, I’d wish him well, but it’s Cardiff, hopefully he can give Lee Tomlin a friendly slap from us though right in the face with a chair 

45 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Flint gave nothing but 100 % for us was an absolute class proffesional , even signed a new contract enabling us to command a larger fee when he left , i have nothing but good words towards aden all thoose that slate him have a look at yourselfs its embarrassing    

Very true, I'll always look back and love the times Aden was with us, and he behaved well at the end. 

However: "You look like c n  ts when you tap your head". Worth remembering that this is always true, whoever you are and whatever the circumstances. 

I will always love Aden Flint - his commitment to Bristol City FC cannot ever be questioned ... he gave everything for our shirt in every game he played. A total professional - and he scored nearly 40 goals for us from centre back - I’ve seen the abuse and criticism he’s been getting on Twitter, FB etc - but whoever is doing that is just clueless - a great Bristol City player - best of luck for your future Aden, and thanks ...

When I watch city I want two things, desire for the shirt and to be entertained. 

Good, bad or indifferent performance wise, no one can ever criticise Aden for not giving 100% for the club.

And who can forget the jpt final goal, the hat trick v walsall, the last minute equaliser v leeds, the no no no, to name just a few. 

For those reasons alone I have nothing but admiration for the guy. 

I'm  not bothered he's gone to Cardiff and wish him well. This shows to me and others I'm sure how far we've progressed recently. 

Credit to the decision makers at the club though. he has one year later, moved on for less than we sold him for. 

I understand that its normal for us football fans to want loyalty from players espcially from players like Flint who achieved so much with us , but im with the majority on here not happy he has signed for Cardiff yet im not calling for blood . 

I m not saying we should cheer him etc but anyone giving abuse(not just banter)  to him on social media really need to get a life and grow up! 

7 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I understand that its normal for us football fans to want loyalty from players espcially from players like Flint who achieved so much with us , but im with the majority on here not happy he has signed for Cardiff yet im not calling for blood . 

I m not saying we should cheer him etc but anyone giving abuse(not just banter)  to him on social media really need to get a life and grow up! 

I haven’t had the time to analyse stuff in the detail you have - but is it really ‘the majority on here not happy he has signed for Cardiff’ ?  Really? Is it? Please show the stats ... cheers

Nobody can ever question Flints commitment to BCFC. However, we are more than entitled to question his ability. We can praise his positives and we can also point out his negatives. That is being fair and just towards a former player.

Was he the greatest centre half in  the world? Definitely not.

Did he always give 100% every single time he pulled on the shirt? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Do i care if he plays for that mob over the bridge now? Not in the slightest. 

Ha Ha, Aden Flint, good man, he'll eff up Cardiff's hopes of promotion this season.

Flinty helped sabotage things nicely for Boro, now our man undercover is going to ruin the Taffy's.

Well done, Flint, well done!  Break a few legs in training ...

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I haven’t had the time to analyse stuff in the detail you have - but is it really ‘the majority on here not happy he has signed for Cardiff’ ?  Really? Is it? Please show the stats ... cheers

Why do i need to show stats ... if Flint helps them beat us or them have a better season than us I cant see many people being happy . 

I do prefer Webster to Flint but Boro did have the 2nd best defence last season . 

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So true,he was touch notch in league 1 years ago but to think we have Webster and kalas now,levels a

Not sure I'd entirely agree with that sentiment. Flint was a good defender and contributed loads of goals, so I'm not sure I'd class the other two as 'levels above' 

Archived