IGNORED

Season Cards (Merged)

I haven’t had my new card yet though..! It’s only 2.5 weeks until the new season starts, I have absolutely no use for it whatsoever  until the first weekend in August and I’m starting to panic..! 

I was going to start a thread about weeks ago, as I’ve been panicking for weeks, but I wanted someone to start a thread asking if there were even going to be new ones first. 

Now that’s been done, should I start another thread, or just pre-empt the merge and leave this here..?

16 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Thanks @Dollymarie

I guess they will be issued last minute again?   I was hoping to use a friend's as they can't make the first game.   Same happened last year and messed things up.  ?

Not sure sorry, I rang because I have moved house and so wanted to update my details. They said the records would be updated in time for the new cards to be sent out.  

20 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Thanks @Dollymarie

I guess they will be issued last minute again?   I was hoping to use a friend's as they can't make the first game.   Same happened last year and messed things up.  ?

So you don’t even have a season ticket..?! Classic..!

Anyway, for a fiver?? You can get a “refund-print” at the ticket office, if you know their details. Saves needing to faff around getting their actual season card. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know, I’m only kidding. 

Although I don’t know why people would expect them any earlier, than in good time for when they are needed..! 

A few days earlier would be nice.

Im going on hols on 1st August and if not here my seat stays empty as my mucker won’t be able to retrieve them.

Shame for him I guess - little odds to me as I’m in some sports bar in my city shirt being dogged up by the Yorkshire massive no doubt

2 minutes ago, Meh said:

A few days earlier would be nice.

Im going on hols on 1st August and if not here my seat stays empty as my mucker won’t be able to retrieve them.

Shame for him I guess - little odds to me as I’m in some sports bar in my city shirt being dogged up by the Yorkshire massive no doubt

As mentioned above... your mate could just get a “re-print” at the ticket office for a fiver, if you give him your details. 

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyway, for a fiver?? You can get a “refund-print” at the ticket office, if you know their details. Saves needing to faff around getting their actual season card. 

You need ID to get a reprint 

Queried where my Membership Card was when ordering QPR tickets (because the friggin system wouldn’t accept online payment at the time despite numerous attempts!). Was told would be posted out in 2-3 weeks ( that was a couple of weeks ago). 

Assume they are going to have a staff ‘post it’ day sometime soon with season and members cards being sent out. 

Ps despite requesting the tickets be sent via email, I was charged for them to be posted. Haven’t received them via email or post! Assuming match day tickets will be sent out at the same time as the cards.

I must say, I really do find it comforting that certain aspects of the Club remain so hit and miss despite the desire of super slick administrators to move it into the modern age and be mega-efficient. Lummydaze, who needs an SLO when we all can just blindly muddle-through. 

Love it City, please never change. The IT and ticketing malarkey is truly part of the Club’s DNA. In all seriousness, the joyful supporter experience of you occasionally getting things spot on is worth all the pain of the cock-ups. 

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, I do and have done for about 25 years.  So have my kids since they were toddlers.

I'm bringing along a friend and his disabled kid to see if they like the experience.  May even have a couple of new supporters.  My mates can't make it so they'll only be using up what would be empty seats.

10 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Actually, I do and have done for about 25 years.  So have my kids since they were toddlers.

I'm bringing along a friend and his disabled kid to see if they like the experience.  May even have a couple of new supporters.  My mates can't make it so they'll only be using up what would be empty seats.

Yeah, always a good way to introduce new comers to live football. Just get the reprints, if the season cards are out early enough to get hold of. 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I didn’t when I genuinely forgot my season card. I just needed to quote my name, address & DOB I think it was. 

It’s odd, one time I couldn’t go to a game last season so said to a friend on the day that my season ticket was in my wallet but just to and ask, they wouldn’t give him a ticket without ID eg bank card etc 

Another game I forgot my season ticket and had to show ID to get it. 

They might just make it up as they go along mind!

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

It’s odd, one time I couldn’t go to a game last season so said to a friend on the day that my season ticket was in my wallet but just to and ask, they wouldn’t give him a ticket without ID eg bank card etc 

Another game I forgot my season ticket and had to show ID to get it. 

They might just make it up as they go along mind!

If you’ve forgotten your ticket, there’s every chance you’ve forgotten your ID. 

As long as you know the persons, details, it should be fine. 

55 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you’ve forgotten your ticket, there’s every chance you’ve forgotten your ID. 

As long as you know the persons, details, it should be fine. 

The only fly in the ointment is one of season card holder I'm borrowing from is a woman.   Looks like my mate might be shopping for a frock for the Leeds game. ?

I'll warn him against wearing white pop socks though.  Don't want another incident.  :laughcont:

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Leveller said:

This question seems to be asked every year, but I can’t remember a year when we didn’t get a new card.

Spot on @Leveller 

It's just like the threads worrying about the weather after it rains / snows.

We get the same posts every season and always the same answers

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Spot on @Leveller 

It's just like the threads worrying about the weather after it rains / snows.

We get the same posts every season and always the same answers

Ok, fair point, but I'm sure one year the card was rolled over to the next season.  They don't actually have the season printed on them...

• Admin
29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ok, fair point, but I'm sure one year the card was rolled over to the next season.  They don't actually have the season printed on them...

I can remember one summer the club said we'd keep the same cards

I had a new one sent to me, but the two people next to me didn't - there was no reason why this happened

But this summer they will want the new Robin logo on show I am sure

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

This question seems to be asked every year, but I can’t remember a year when we didn’t get a new card.

This is basically true, though I think there was one season when the card was carried over. A more relevant question is why on earth do City have the need to produce a new card every season for those people who have renewed their season ticket? A new card  is obviously needed for seat moves but that’s it, and if you don’t renew your card is invalidated. All cards do is allow you to gain access to the ground via the turnstiles. Exactly the same thing happens in a work environment where employees have to swipe their ID card to gain access to their place of work. When I was working I had the same card for numerous years. As, from time to time, my access requirements to different parts of the site changed this was done electronically without the need for a new card  

The new card requirement must  be part of City’s crazy IT system 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I can remember one summer the club said we'd keep the same cards

I had a new one sent to me, but the two people next to me didn't - there was no reason why this happened

But this summer they will want the new Robin logo on show I am sure

Yes I seem to remember being told one season that the card needn’t be replaced - then they sent me a new one anyway!

Archived