IGNORED

Charlie Austin - Signed for West Brom

BCFC11

Worth an enquiry atleast surely? More than likely above our pay structure and no doubt bigger clubs will be interested, he’s clearly unhappy at Southampton and has now been forced to train with their u23’s.

Available for £8m, I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least enquire the possibility especially if rumours are true and were willing to fork out the same amount for Luca Joao. I know who I’d rather have if given the choice.

Then again, I’ve just read up on his latest rant, having a pop at the Manager then posting a GIF on his Twitter alleging that he’s being frozen out to which he’s maybe regretting as he’s now deactivated his account.

So scrap my suggestion we don’t need that sort of shit here.

2 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Would be a great player for us.

But wages, injuries; and an unwillingness to drop a division make this all a bit of a non-starter I reckon.

Hes exactly what we need, a goal scorer, but he’s obviously at a level above where we are. Can see him ending up at one the big parachute payment championship clubs

20 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hes exactly what we need, a goal scorer, but he’s obviously at a level above where we are. Can see him ending up at one the big parachute payment championship clubs

Got Newcastle written all over it.

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In the same bracket as Andy Carroll I suppose - he’s ‘without a club’ ...

The Times rich list in May 2019 showed Carroll to be worth £19m. Not bad for someone who hardly ever played. Although Austin, and lots of other average Premier League players, haven’t got as much they still have a good lifestyle and don’t need to move to new club. They can afford to sit it out 

He'd do a solid job at this level, and could be exactly what we need to push on for promotion.

Despite this, he's got previous. I remember him decking a Swindon fan after being caught doing coke in the toilets. If he's mellowed since those days, sure, but the last thing we need at the club is another "lad" with a superiority complex.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

On £60k a week. Seems happy to train with their U23s & wind his contract down. 

If that is right, then it's someone we wouldnt want here regardless of wages then.

These clubs need to stop giving stupid contracts out to players, and then moaning when they don't want to play or are "unhappy at the club and content to sit on the sidelines".

I would be as well if I was being paid £60k a week and not having to work for it.

• The title was changed to Charlie Austin - Suggestion (Merged)

Archived