IGNORED

Charlie Austin - Signed for West Brom

BCFC11

4 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Would love him but the wages would be a massive problem then you need to ask if he’d want to drop down a level. Well let’s wait and see eh (fingers crossed)

I dare say Southampton would contribute to the wages as it happens in most cases especially when they want a player gone

He won’t get a move in the Prem so if he wants to play then the Championship is his best option

In theory someone with Austin’s goal scoring record would be a great signing. I know a Saints fan though I’m told that he’s lazy and, unless he scores, contributes nothing in a game. He also needs someone playing alongside him, so wouldn’t fit the way we play. 

I can’t see this one happening for any number of reasons and if it did I think it could prove to be an expensive mistake. 

This would be a desperate move but then we are in a pretty desperate situation regarding strikers right now. This would only make sense as a loan & even then I’m not sure his character fits our club anyway as he seems to have a reputation of being a big time Charlie.

“Plotting” and “eyeing” are click-bait terms used by some papers and journalists to generate website hits and help agents get players’ names out there. When offers and bids have been made it’s time to take things more seriously. 

Archived