Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BCFC11

Charlie Austin - Signed for West Brom

1 minute ago, lou2BS7 said:

this is turning into picking teams on a playground - we are going to get the fat kid left at the end who nobody wants

Leon Best

He definitely fulfills the 'proven 9' statement Ashton made. Reid isn't that type of player.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we did try and get both. Austin could've been the primary forward target.. then an opportunity for Reid came up and it was too good for us to miss. 

If we did somehow pull it off, we'd have a top 6 forward line.

• Like 1

I'm won over now by us going to try and get Bobby Reid. Charlie Austin would be massive for us, but i just don't see it due to his very high wage demands. I'd rather get a centre half for cover for Moore,and stick with Reid. 

Edited by Arkateee
  • Like 1

Just now, ProjectMayhem said:

Supposedly he's on 70k/week at Southampton.. can't see us getting near that, whereas WBA might be able to

loan or southampton pay 70% of his wages until the end of his contract,

Goal bonus, appearance fee, assist bonus,

There are ways to make it up

13 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

not sure how reliable

Very. Used to work with my uncle at the Independent. Well known in the game 

Someone needs to compile a list of striker targets and where they ended up. 

Do we have any students online. Oh no, they're fast asleep aren't they...

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Funny you should say that - the Bristol City FC Supporters Twitter page just posted this..

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Funny you should say that - the Bristol City FC Supporters Twitter page just posted this..

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

Thanks mate!

1 minute ago, Arkateee said:

We were never a realistic option for Charlie Austin, and him going to WBA makes perfect Sense. Hopefully Bobby is coming are way now. 

Yep, can't see how wages would've been workable. WBA makes far more sense. Think he'll do very well for them if he stays fit though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry, too busy hammering F5 on OTIB and twitter 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

Our mate Nixon linking Wells with QPR. Nketiah obvs looks Leeds bound.

So there's Reid and Vydra left and I haven't heard us linked with Vydra at all?

To be honest I'd rather give Semenyo his chance than waste money on a panic-buy like Austin, another Lee Tomlin type. With the midfield we have now they should be creating loads of chances for the strikers so we should get a few goals with anyone half-decent up front

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

What a depressing search for a striker.  

It seems that we were overconfident on signing Nketiah and didn’t figure on being gazumped by Dirty Leeds and whilst I accept that it’s difficult to land top strikers we now do rather seem to be left in the lurch , scrambling about for a player like a terrier chasing starlings on the lawn.

I hoped that we would have been a bit firmer on getting the ‘ No 9 ‘ through the door earlier on , it being our avowed priority. 

Ashton and the recruitment team have done a fantastic job this window , we have been recruiting as if we were a Prem club . A striker would be the icing on the cherry but , oddly , failure to land one would be a disappointment.

How wonderful football is , at the start of the transfer window all we needed for a top six place was a 20 goal a season striker now we won’t recognize half the team on Saturday if the new guys start .

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Our mate Nixon linking Wells with QPR. Nketiah obvs looks Leeds bound.

So there's Reid and Vydra left and I haven't heard us linked with Vydra at all?

I think Vydra is wishful thinking from our fans, especially now Burnley are linked with Brownhill. Haven't seen any sources talking about that one.

I think it'll either be Reid or someone from abroad at this stage.

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

Forgot to add Rhodes too

57 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Supposedly he's on 70k/week at Southampton.. can't see us getting near that, whereas WBA might be able to

WBA - new CEO said last year that the were effectively broke, not a chance of £70k per week there although I would imagine Southampton will have to subsidise where ever he goes.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

At least two of the names with crosses - maybe four - are still more question marks than crosses. However my gut instinct is that, if we get someone in other than Nketiah, it will not be a name on that list. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

To be honest I'd rather give Semenyo his chance than waste money on a panic-buy like Austin, another Lee Tomlin type. With the midfield we have now they should be creating loads of chances for the strikers so we should get a few goals with anyone half-decent up front

And what happens if he isnt up to it? We are ****** until Jan.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

And what happens if he isnt up to it? We are ****** until Jan.

And what if he is? We are not going to pay stupid fees and wages for some of the players that have been mentioned. Yes we may get a loan, but top top strikers are just not available to us as they will go to bigger and better clubs. If we do not get anyone and Semenyo does get a chance and isn't up to it, it really will hit home hard that we have to probably break the bank to get one in.  

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

And what if he is? We are not going to pay stupid fees and wages for some of the players that have been mentioned. Yes we may get a loan, but top top strikers are just not available to us as they will go to bigger and better clubs. If we do not get anyone and Semenyo does get a chance and isn't up to it, it really will hit home hard that we have to probably break the bank to get one in.  

I get your point but i would rather see him as an option off the bench at the moment and getting the odd start. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I'm not sure how Austin would do but I'm not sure he's a Lee Tomlin-type. He has bad luck with injuries and maybe doesn't do enough outside of scoring goals for some managers but I've never heard anything that suggests a problem with his attitude or application.