IGNORED

Charlie Austin - Signed for West Brom

BCFC11

He definitely fulfills the 'proven 9' statement Ashton made. Reid isn't that type of player.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we did try and get both. Austin could've been the primary forward target.. then an opportunity for Reid came up and it was too good for us to miss. 

If we did somehow pull it off, we'd have a top 6 forward line.

Just now, ProjectMayhem said:

Supposedly he's on 70k/week at Southampton.. can't see us getting near that, whereas WBA might be able to

loan or southampton pay 70% of his wages until the end of his contract,

Goal bonus, appearance fee, assist bonus,

There are ways to make it up

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Someone needs to compile a list of striker targets and where they ended up. 

Do we have any students online. Oh no, they're fast asleep aren't they...

Funny you should say that - the Bristol City FC Supporters Twitter page just posted this..

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Funny you should say that - the Bristol City FC Supporters Twitter page just posted this..

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

Thanks mate!

1 minute ago, Arkateee said:

We were never a realistic option for Charlie Austin, and him going to WBA makes perfect Sense. Hopefully Bobby is coming are way now. 

Yep, can't see how wages would've been workable. WBA makes far more sense. Think he'll do very well for them if he stays fit though.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

Our mate Nixon linking Wells with QPR. Nketiah obvs looks Leeds bound.

So there's Reid and Vydra left and I haven't heard us linked with Vydra at all?

To be honest I'd rather give Semenyo his chance than waste money on a panic-buy like Austin, another Lee Tomlin type. With the midfield we have now they should be creating loads of chances for the strikers so we should get a few goals with anyone half-decent up front

5 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

What a depressing search for a striker.  

It seems that we were overconfident on signing Nketiah and didn’t figure on being gazumped by Dirty Leeds and whilst I accept that it’s difficult to land top strikers we now do rather seem to be left in the lurch , scrambling about for a player like a terrier chasing starlings on the lawn.

I hoped that we would have been a bit firmer on getting the ‘ No 9 ‘ through the door earlier on , it being our avowed priority. 

Ashton and the recruitment team have done a fantastic job this window , we have been recruiting as if we were a Prem club . A striker would be the icing on the cherry but , oddly , failure to land one would be a disappointment.

How wonderful football is , at the start of the transfer window all we needed for a top six place was a 20 goal a season striker now we won’t recognize half the team on Saturday if the new guys start .

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Our mate Nixon linking Wells with QPR. Nketiah obvs looks Leeds bound.

So there's Reid and Vydra left and I haven't heard us linked with Vydra at all?

I think Vydra is wishful thinking from our fans, especially now Burnley are linked with Brownhill. Haven't seen any sources talking about that one.

I think it'll either be Reid or someone from abroad at this stage.

57 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Supposedly he's on 70k/week at Southampton.. can't see us getting near that, whereas WBA might be able to

WBA - new CEO said last year that the were effectively broke, not a chance of £70k per week there although I would imagine Southampton will have to subsidise where ever he goes.

Archived