IGNORED

Charlie Austin - Signed for West Brom

BCFC11

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Funny you should say that - the Bristol City FC Supporters Twitter page just posted this..

Hugill ❌
Gayle ❌
Reid ❔
Britt Assom ❌
Buksa ❌
Nketiah ❔
Austin ❌
Wells ❔
Hogan ❌
Wickham ❌
Joao ❌
Moore❌
Vydra?

At least two of the names with crosses - maybe four - are still more question marks than crosses. However my gut instinct is that, if we get someone in other than Nketiah, it will not be a name on that list. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

To be honest I'd rather give Semenyo his chance than waste money on a panic-buy like Austin, another Lee Tomlin type. With the midfield we have now they should be creating loads of chances for the strikers so we should get a few goals with anyone half-decent up front

And what happens if he isnt up to it? We are ****** until Jan.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

And what happens if he isnt up to it? We are ****** until Jan.

And what if he is? We are not going to pay stupid fees and wages for some of the players that have been mentioned. Yes we may get a loan, but top top strikers are just not available to us as they will go to bigger and better clubs. If we do not get anyone and Semenyo does get a chance and isn't up to it, it really will hit home hard that we have to probably break the bank to get one in.  

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

And what if he is? We are not going to pay stupid fees and wages for some of the players that have been mentioned. Yes we may get a loan, but top top strikers are just not available to us as they will go to bigger and better clubs. If we do not get anyone and Semenyo does get a chance and isn't up to it, it really will hit home hard that we have to probably break the bank to get one in.  

I get your point but i would rather see him as an option off the bench at the moment and getting the odd start. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

To be honest I'd rather give Semenyo his chance than waste money on a panic-buy like Austin, another Lee Tomlin type. With the midfield we have now they should be creating loads of chances for the strikers so we should get a few goals with anyone half-decent up front

I'm not sure how Austin would do but I'm not sure he's a Lee Tomlin-type. He has bad luck with injuries and maybe doesn't do enough outside of scoring goals for some managers but I've never heard anything that suggests a problem with his attitude or application. 

Archived