IGNORED

LOOKING TO PARK FOR CITY GAMES?

jtc1

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Yep, each to their own. Some people will donate, some people will charge. Depends on their circumstances. Personally, I think it's a decent price for a guaranteed parking space practically next to the stadium.

This. 

The OP may not have purchased a season ticket without the money from this, nobody knows what his circumstances are. What is the difference with him charging (less) than other people, cricket club, wickes or wherever else. It seems it is ok to charge if he wasn't a City fan, but because he is he should give it away.

Anyone who would happily donate the equivalent of the £200 he will probably get, can still happily donate that same £200 to the Charity of their choice quite easily.

I wonder if people renting their drives actually adds to the parking problems around the ground?

Luckily, I live only a few minutes walk to the ground and happily let a friend park on my drive, next to my car. But I suppose I could move my car and park on-street early Saturday morning and then charge someone to use my drive? Result = one less on-street parking space, all for the potential of making a few quid.

38 minutes ago, Laner said:

I wonder if people renting their drives actually adds to the parking problems around the ground?

Luckily, I live only a few minutes walk to the ground and happily let a friend park on my drive, next to my car. But I suppose I could move my car and park on-street early Saturday morning and then charge someone to use my drive? Result = one less on-street parking space, all for the potential of making a few quid.

Plenty do that, I’ve seen them repark their cars when I’ve stayed behind afterca match when the majority have gone home.

You must have read my mind with your comment as I was just about to post the same. Sell you drive is ok if you need the money, but move your car onto the road and sell the space is a pisstake and is only adding to the congestion problems the neighbours complain about. I bet half of them are complaining about a problem they are causing.

Love that people feel the need to come here and hijack a thread telling the OP he's money grabbing and how he should use his own property! Why shouldn't he do this? Just because of supporting the same team? It's an opportunity to capitalise on a need around the ground. Leave the guy to do what he wants. It's likely much cheaper than a lot of other options locally once you consider cup games as well. 

If you don't wanna pay it, don't. If you do, do.

You think your comments are going to make the guy go and give £400 up for the sake of being nice because they support the same team? 

Hey guys, I support the same team as you too. What can I get for free?

For what it’s worth, I’ve taken the remaining parking spot. Because of my personal situation I decided to hell with it & bought my season ticket this morning & the added bonus of having parking very close to the ground is massive for me because I simply can’t walk long distances.

It works out at less than £10 per game & I now have the peace of mind of not having to hunt around for a spot or having to walk too far. And it’s much appreciated.

• The topic was locked

Archived