IGNORED

OTIB Last Man Standing

LastManStanding

Afternoon all. 

As a few of you will know, I ran a Last Man Standing competition on here towards the end of last season which was won by @TETBURY MASSIVE to the delight of his many fans on the forum such as @Davefevs @Fordy62 & most of all @Robbored!

I'll be running one again this season so whoever is up for it, if you could let me know on this thread that would be great. I'll get picks in during the week leading up to the first round of fixtures. 

I mentioned this last season:

Would anybody be up for paying say £2 entry where the winner takes a percentage and the rest goes to CHSW? 

We had 60 odd entrants this time round at very short notice. Whilst it wouldn't be a huge amount, it might keep people interested a little more and after a percentage has been taken by the winner, the rest would go to a worthy cause.  

Had a few comments in response saying it was a good idea but I'll go with whatever the majority would like to do.

I'm still unsure on what website to use if it was the case of a £2 entry fee though, any recommendations? Had a quick look at JustGiving, that seems like a pretty good one.

Here are the rules:

1. Each week you pick a Championship team you think will win in their fixture. Lose or Draw and you're out. 
  2. If your team wins, you will go through to the next week but that team will no longer be available for you to pick again.
  3. If the game featuring your picked team is postponed at late notice, you will go through, but you won't be able to use that team again. 
  4. If you go through, and fail to pick a team the following weekend you will be given the lowest placed team you haven't yet used. 
  5. If all remaining players picks lose, the following week they will have another chance to win it. (If we do £2 entry, then it will be a rollover and all players who wish to continue in the competition will need to pay £2 again which will increase the amount won & donated to CHSW)
  6. Deadline for picks will usually be Friday nights at 7PM. 

Fixtures will be available here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/

Spreadsheet here (Last seasons sheet should be accessible at the bottom)   - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JL5VbW-zTtT5e4xUNH9otG9IBcLaifxlocvJpXAEJFk/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

Afternoon all. 

As a few of you will know, I ran a Last Man Standing competition on here towards the end of last season which was won by @TETBURY MASSIVE to the delight of his many fans on the forum most of all @Robbored!

Just to clarify - I have absolutely no problem with TM. I’ve never met him/her so cannot justify an opinion.

Obviously TM has that remarkable ability to form an opinion on a poster he/her has never met and therefore doesn’t not know them personally. 

Strange, I’ll agree but nevertheless it’s quite an ability to have....................:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just to clarify - I have absolutely no problem with TM. I’ve never met him/her so cannot justify an opinion.

Obviously TM has that remarkable ability to form an opinion on a poster he/her has never met and therefore doesn’t not know them personally. 

Strange, I’ll agree but nevertheless it’s quite an ability to have....................:cool2:

Possibly because of the utter testicles that you post on OTIB?

I’m only in if @TETBURY MASSIVE is playing.  He needs something to gloat about again this season, and I like to keep him happy.

Re money, obviously nice thought Re CHSW (??), but not sure how you’ll work a JustGiving page with only some going to the charity.  Not saying it won’t be possible but worth checking first.

Otherwise you could try PayPal? And then pay CHSW afterwards.

Happy for it to be free, and let Tetbury continue his fame (without getting richer) ???

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m only in if @TETBURY MASSIVE is playing.  He needs something to gloat about again this season, and I like to keep him happy.

Re money, obviously nice thought Re CHSW (??), but not sure how you’ll work a JustGiving page with only some going to the charity.  Not saying it won’t be possible but worth checking first.

Happy for it to be free, and let Tetbury continue his fame (without getting richer) ???

Yeah I think it’ll be easier for now to keep it free.

Hopefully get a few more involved this time round!

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

But if you want to know what he looks like, just check out his avatar........?

I'm in if it's free and a bit of fun like last time; not if it's monetized.

I give money to charity days at work and buy raffle tickets at social evenings when I know I don't want any of the prizes and cry out "draw again" if my ticket is picked out; I'm not miserly I just don't like seeing it bolted on to every bit of fun.

Anyway, would like it to happen monetized or not though will only be in myself if the latter.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Alan.... I'm a very good judge of character.... I dont need to meet you to know what a cowardly boring **** your are.... and yes that starts with a C and ends in a T.... 

Feel free to call me on 07986 362754 and I will explain. 

51 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Possibly because of the utter testicles that you post on OTIB?

That is correct. 

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep.......that must be why I have over 5k ‘likes’...............:cool2:

Embarrassing..... what sort of bloke justifies himself by the number of likes he gets.... what a really sad man you are.... and that's over 16 years.... 

You also need to stay off the chips.... you must be squeezing into your whites.... 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I haven't decided if I will be taking part as yet.... but I'm more than happy to have a sporting bet with you with the winnings going towards CHSW.... 

5 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Alan.... I'm a very good judge of character.... I dont need to meet you to know what a cowardly boring **** your are.... and yes that starts with a C and ends in a T.... 

That is correct. 

Embarrassing..... what sort of bloke justifies himself by the number of likes he gets.... what a really sad man you are.... and that's over 16 years.... 

You also need to stay off the chips.... you must be squeezing into your whites.... 

I haven't decided if I will be taking part as yet.... but I'm more than happy to have a sporting bet with you with the winnings going towards CHSW.... 

Deal.

If either of us win a game, the other donates £10 to CHSW.  How does that sound?

7 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

TM - you seem to have an obsession with me on here and if you think I going to phone you and thereby reveal my phone number I’d be worried that you’d start to stalk me...........Jeez............that’s a scary thought!

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TM - you seem to have an obsession with me on here and if you think I going to phone you and thereby reveal my phone number I’d be worried that you’d start to stalk me...........Jeez............that’s a scary thought!

You really are quite thick...... 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

2 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

You really are quite thick...... 

giphy.gif

Archived