Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

LastManStanding

OTIB Last Man Standing

19 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Swansea City please . Would it be possible to pin this to the top of the forum ?

I'll bump the thread every week anyway with picks/results/reminders so hopefully shouldn't disappear off the first page for too long anyway mate.

59 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Stoke City-  how do we send the money?

It's free to enter, no worries on the money! 

• Thanks 1

I've thought* long and hard about this...

Put me down for STOKE .

Thanks for arranging this @LastManStanding.  Although I'll likely not be bothering you again. 

*Absolutely no clue!

Reminder to get your picks in! Due to me forgetting to remind you earlier, you can have tomorrow’s games if you fail to pick with the 20 mins to go! 

@Midlands Robin @Jersey Bristolian @Chris_Brown @RedM @Robson @bcfctim @Victory Park Reds @rednotblue @Henry @Whites @ScottishRed @Riaz

Edited by LastManStanding
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LastManStanding said:

Reminder to get your picks in! Due to me forgetting to remind you earlier, you can have tomorrow’s games if you fail to pick with the 20 mins to go! 

@Midlands Robin @Jersey Bristolian @Chris_Brown @RedM @Robson @bcfctim @Victory Park Reds @rednotblue @Henry @Whites @ScottishRed @Riaz

Do you mean can't?

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Do you mean can't?

Nope, if it was for money like another I run, I’d have been strict with it, but I haven’t seen anyone pick either of these so far so I’ll let them off first week! 

• Like 1

In the wrong timezone if in time Leeds, happy to be out first round.

On 18/07/2019 at 21:53, Chivs said:

I'm in for this as long as I can miss out the first weekend!  Have a look at the fixtures.  There's nothing obvious!

Ahem - we agreed free pass on the first weekend as I recall...

On 01/08/2019 at 09:09, Chivs said:

I've thought* long and hard about this...

Put me down for STOKE .

Thanks for arranging this @LastManStanding.  Although I'll likely not be bothering you again. 

*Absolutely no clue!

Ahem - or is it best of three @LastManStanding?

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2019 at 16:34, LastManStanding said:

Afternoon all. 

As a few of you will know, I ran a Last Man Standing competition on here towards the end of last season which was won by @TETBURY MASSIVE to the delight of his many fans on the forum such as @Davefevs @Fordy62 & most of all @Robbored!

I'll be running one again this season so whoever is up for it, if you could let me know on this thread that would be great. I'll get picks in during the week leading up to the first round of fixtures. 

I mentioned this last season:

Had a few comments in response saying it was a good idea but I'll go with whatever the majority would like to do.

I'm still unsure on what website to use if it was the case of a £2 entry fee though, any recommendations? Had a quick look at JustGiving, that seems like a pretty good one.

Here are the rules:

1. Each week you pick a Championship team you think will win in their fixture. Lose or Draw and you're out. 
  2. If your team wins, you will go through to the next week but that team will no longer be available for you to pick again.
  3. If the game featuring your picked team is postponed at late notice, you will go through, but you won't be able to use that team again. 
  4. If you go through, and fail to pick a team the following weekend you will be given the lowest placed team you haven't yet used. 
  5. If all remaining players picks lose, the following week they will have another chance to win it. (If we do £2 entry, then it will be a rollover and all players who wish to continue in the competition will need to pay £2 again which will increase the amount won & donated to CHSW)
  6. Deadline for picks will usually be Friday nights at 7PM. 

Fixtures will be available here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/

Spreadsheet here (Last seasons sheet should be accessible at the bottom)   - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JL5VbW-zTtT5e4xUNH9otG9IBcLaifxlocvJpXAEJFk/edit?usp=sharing

From a quick gander at he spreadsheet it looks like from the 55 entries 50 are dead ducks, 2 are through with Milwall, 1 is through with Swansea and 2 are TBC with Leeds 😂

Could be all done next week at this rate!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrt55555 said:

From a quick gander at he spreadsheet it looks like from the 55 entries 50 are dead ducks, 2 are through with Milwall, 1 is through with Swansea and 2 are TBC with Leeds 😂

Could be all done next week at this rate!

Did no-one go for City then?!!!

1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

Can we start another game in September then? 🤣🤣

Doesn’t look like it. I foolishly was one of those who trusted in Fulham...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Serious question   We are all out already , aren't we?

Nope. I'm one of the few

Feel like a G*shead 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shit, my second choice. Bleedin' Scott Parker

Ha, really fancied Fulham, but early days so went for a home team instead

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Good strategy. Good luck with your next choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Had to click on your avatar.. for a moment i thought it was the singer in Ghost  :laugh:

• Haha 1

What a strange set of results, so many of us so wrong 😀

On 01/08/2019 at 08:15, LastManStanding said:

I'll bump the thread every week anyway with picks/results/reminders so hopefully shouldn't disappear off the first page for too long anyway mate.

It's free to enter, no worries on the money! 

Thank **** for that!

Well that was a shocking weekend for favourite backers!

Of the 48 entrants, 41 are out!

Brentford being backed heavily the main reason.

@Woodsy, @The Horse With No Name & @Starbuck go through having picked Swansea.

@cityboy & @reddoh seemed to know exactly how yesterday would go and backed Leeds. 

And despite Millwall singing all match long about how nobody likes them, @red_druid & @TMWANG50 did, and go through as a result of it!

Updated spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JL5VbW-zTtT5e4xUNH9otG9IBcLaifxlocvJpXAEJFk/edit?usp=sharing

This weekends fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-2

Picks in by Friday 7pm please! 

Edited by LastManStanding
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, LastManStanding said:

Well that was a shocking weekend for favourite backers!

Of the 48 entrants, 41 are out!

Brentford being backed heavily the main reason.

@Woodsy, @The Horse With No Name & @Starbuck go through having picked Swansea.

@cityboy & @reddoh seemed to know exactly how yesterday would go and backed Leeds. 

And despite Millwall singing all match long about how nobody likes them, @red_druid & @TMWANG50 did, and go through as a result of it!

Updated spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JL5VbW-zTtT5e4xUNH9otG9IBcLaifxlocvJpXAEJFk/edit?usp=sharing

This weekends fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-2

Picks in by Friday 7pm please! 

Last man could you confirm @Davefevs position please...?