IGNORED

Sarasota Metropolis v Bristol City - Coming to America - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

So would it be the size of BRISGLOSBATH tershire?

Guessing at distances and making comparisons to the UK is always difficult, you don't really get any idea of distance in some ways. We had timeshare on Bradenton Beach and would often drive to get a Malt or an Ice Cream from our favourite place in Bradenton at lunch time. I checked it out once and realised it was a 25 mile round trip, something I would not really consider doing for an ice cream here, but it's just what you do there. :) 

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are we starting to see the names and formation that might start the Leeds game? 

A couple of positions still up for grabs, but that looks okay to me.

Strong team  for sure, yes I think this must be close to our intentions.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Guessing at distances and making comparisons to the UK is always difficult, you don't really get any idea of distance in some ways. We had timeshare on Bradenton Beach and would often drive to get a Malt or an Ice Cream from our favourite place in Bradenton at lunch time. I checked it out once and realised it was a 25 mile round trip, something I would not really consider doing for an ice cream here, but it's just what you do there. :) 

Rented a house in Kisemme(sp), had to drive the equivalent of going to Gloucester for a   big Mac ! But as you say, it's what you do there .

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Rented a house in Kisemme(sp), had to drive the equivalent of going to Gloucester for a   big Mac ! But as you say, it's what you do there .

Why on earth would you drive anywhere, especially in and around Kissimmee, for a BigMac?

The area abounds with good quality and very reasonably priced steak houses - for the same price as a BigMac you could eat a juicy, succulent steak and beautiful fresh salad (plus chips if you were to insist). 

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Why on earth would you drive anywhere, especially in and around Kissimmee, for a BigMac?

The area abounds with good quality and very reasonably priced steak houses - for the same price as a BigMac you could eat a juicy, succulent steak and beautiful fresh salad (plus chips if you were to insist). 

A long story, but we were south of Kissimmee ,about 20 miles south !:cool:

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be interesting to see if or how many of the eleven get a full 60.

I think most will. In the second 60minute game v Derby the only subs made were for injury. I think we'll see this XI thrashed for 60mins then the kids com on for the 45 at the end.

PS. Honestly if Eliasson isn't the second name on the team sheet after Super Sammie Szmodics then I despair.

Just now, elhombrecito said:

Looks like we've been working on our crossing...

In the open training they did a whole 30 minute session on quickly playing from the CBs out to the wings to create an overload and then cross the ball in and score.  At the same time they were training a quick press if that cross didn't find our player. Idea being to win the ball back high up the pitch and then shoot/score within 7 seconds of winning back the ball.

Archived