IGNORED

Stupid football idea(s)

mozo

Right, we're all going slightly mad in the off-season so have a bang on this...

Football. 2 points for a goal inside the area. 3 points for a goal outside the area.

All you have to do now is tell me how much of a genius I am and we can all go back to the transfer tedium...

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

VAR ?

Sounds like a great idea ?

My own contribution, once you go into the opponents half you can't go back into your own half, doing so will result in a free kick on the half way line where the ball went back across the line.

Means teams need to commit to attacking, if they play out slowly not wanting to go over half way teams can press with a bit more confidence as once they've played the out ball they won't be able to retreat again.

Kick off like in table football. Instead of the ball starting static on the centre spot it is flicked by a giant mechanical finger from the edge of the pitch along the halfway line at high speed. On the opposite side of the pitch is a board to bounce it back into play. 

Also, let's be honest some goals are better than others. Therefore I'd also be a fan of implementing extra "style points" for goals. Back heels, rabonas, step overs in the build up, all these and more would contribute between 0.1 and 0.5 of a goal. 

Doing away with the penalty spot.......a free kick is awarded from wherever the infringement took place. That’ll do away with diving, lots of the VaR reviews and defenders lined up on the goal line...........actually that’s not a stupid idea at all.......

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Doing away with the penalty spot.......a free kick is awarded from wherever the infringement took place. That’ll do away with diving, lots of the VaR reviews and defenders lined up on the goal line...........actually that’s not a stupid idea at all.......

No, you're wrong, it is a stupid idea.

That would just lead to defenders taking out a player every time they go to shoot, knowing full well they'll be able to regroup for the free kick.

57 minutes ago, Odd socks said:

No offside ( an idea the late Harry Dolman was in favour of )

I’ve often wondered how the game would look without offside.

Would teams station a striker permanently on the edge of the penalty area? Would both defences presumably be forced to defend very deep, creating huge space in the middle of the park for midfielders to roam? Would the game actually work without offside?

It would be an interesting experiment just to see what an offside-free game looked like.

Flood lights that do what it says on the tin..

Everyone get drenched in the opening few minutes, pitches are turned into mudbaths and the whole playing surface flooded to a depth of at least one and a half inches for the final five minutes of each game.

Ahh, come on …. Splish, splash we'd have such a laugh !  ?

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Sounds like a great idea ?

My own contribution, once you go into the opponents half you can't go back into your own half, doing so will result in a free kick on the half way line where the ball went back across the line.

Means teams need to commit to attacking, if they play out slowly not wanting to go over half way teams can press with a bit more confidence as once they've played the out ball they won't be able to retreat again.

But the team pressing also can’t get back in their own half if I’m getting this right so a hoof over the top takes them out the game,sounds right up FIFA’s street that nonsense 

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ve often wondered how the game would look without offside.

Would teams station a striker permanently on the edge of the penalty area? Would both defences presumably be forced to defend very deep, creating huge space in the middle of the park for midfielders to roam? Would the game actually work without offside?

It would be an interesting experiment just to see what an offside-free game looked like.

Bloody hell mate a defender isn’t allowed to defend anymore as it is,you take offside away and then what is the point 

How about having the goals increase in size during injury time, or perhaps the last 5 or 10 minutes of the game? This could be achieved by each goal post sliding slowly towards its respective corner flag. 

Could make life interesting for goalkeepers and defenders.

Archived