IGNORED

LJ Radio Bristol Interview

Davefevs

20 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Get those clubs in the bag Lee.

Sounds like Palmer unlikely to be coming back. Perhaps one to revisit in Jan depending on circumstances.

Strange but out of three chelsea loans Palmer was the one I expected us to get compared with the other two.

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Strange but out of three chelsea loans Palmer was the one I expected us to get compared with the other two.

It seems clear that LJ would like to have signed him but on the one hand Lampard's arrival changed things and on the other we have to focus on priority positions.

Palmer is a nice to have rather than.must have signing. Not out of the question at some point though as it's still hard to believe he will be in their first 18.

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, I think a lot of us felt like that.  Kalas was certainly a big surprise for me.

Just waiting for our new striker to be announced now.

I was hopeful and optimistic about Palmer, I liked him and thought like many we had a good chance.
As soon as we signed Szmodics I thought our priorities had changed. While not wanting to write off players I haven't seen much of, I've not been too excited about the names mentioned. That said, with more recent signings you have to have faith in LJ and the team, even if they are just filling holes in the squad.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was hopeful and optimistic about Palmer, I liked him and thought like many we had a good chance.
As soon as we signed Szmodics I thought our priorities had changed. While not wanting to write off players I haven't seen much of, I've not been too excited about the names mentioned. That said, with more recent signings you have to have faith in LJ and the team, even if they are just filling holes in the squad.

The number 9 hole is nearly always the most difficult and expensive to fill though.

Archived