IGNORED

Price of football in 1980/81

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I didn’t describe a season ticket. I said POTD staggered prices.

You said 23x 35 should work out at 23x27 for potd prices I said they do that cheaper it’s called a season ticket,

however I do agree with you on some aspects

they should offer blocks of say 4 home tickets that you pay £100 quid for, and you get to pick the games during advance sales period saving you about 40 quid,

somthing like that anyway 

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You said 23x 35 should work out at 23x27 for potd prices I said they do that cheaper it’s called a season ticket,

however I do agree with you on some aspects

they should offer blocks of say 4 home tickets that you pay £100 quid for, and you get to pick the games during advance sales period saving you about 40 quid,

somthing like that anyway 

Not sure if you are purposely missing my point or not.  I am saying that POTD prices should get cheaper the more games you go too and that at the end of the season a fair average price per game for someone who has gone to every game would be £27 ie early games are £35 ish but by end of the season they are paying around £18.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not sure if you are purposely missing my point or not.  I am saying that POTD prices should get cheaper the more games you go too and that at the end of the season a fair average price per game for someone who has gone to every game would be £27 ie early games are £35 ish but by end of the season they are paying around £18.

No one who doesn't buy a ST is going to go to every game.

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The point you don’t understand is, if some one is attending that many potd games then they should be a season ticket holder

or use this thing the club has called membership

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

And there is the reverse, in that a number of season ticket holders might think... 'well, I usually end up missing one or two game, and with midweek games on the red button, I'll take a discount on the remainer'.

If you go, get a season ticket for best value.

If you don't go that often, get a membership!

29 goals scored that season, in 42 games. 19 at home, in 21 games (the standard of football generally, nationwide, was dire). We only lost 5 at home, mind; one more than promoted Swansea. We also "attracted" a larger average attendance than promoted Notts County. And we did the double over the Few (two 0:0s) and finished above them; we took the positives from that (season. No, we didn’t actually).  

Newcastle (11th) and Chelsea (12th) were in the second tier with us that season, averaging 16,001 and 17 thousand odd respectively. Sheff Wednesday (10th) attracted more. Those were the days.

The people that went to AG that season, and the one after, and the one after that, are bloody heroes/weird. People like me. They, we, the people should have a statue erected or something named after us. Those still going now bloody well deserve a well run club and at least one more season at the top. Make that two (at least) thinking about it....

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The point you don’t understand is, if some one is attending that many potd games then they should be a season ticket holder

or use this thing the club has called membership

Blimey guys. It’s an example!

do you understand my overall point ? Hope so! 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Blimey guys. It’s an example!

do you understand my overall point ? Hope so! 

Yes, but your point is spoilt by highlighting a scenario which is beyond the bounds of possibility.

5 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

29 goals scored that season, in 42 games. 19 at home, in 21 games (the standard of football generally, nationwide, was dire). We only lost 5 at home, mind; one more than promoted Swansea. We also "attracted" a larger average attendance than promoted Notts County. And we did the double over the Few (two 0:0s) and finished above them; we took the positives from that (season. No, we didn’t actually).  

Newcastle (11th) and Chelsea (12th) were in the second tier with us that season, averaging 16,001 and 17 thousand odd respectively. Sheff Wednesday (10th) attracted more. Those were the days.

The people that went to AG that season, and the one after, and the one after that, are bloody heroes/weird. People like me. They, we, the people should have a statue erected or something named after us. Those still going now bloody well deserve a well run club and at least one more season at the top. Make that two (at least) thinking about it....

I went that season....and the one after that...…..and the one after that...…..one game that stands out 80/81 was Chelsea and the keeper peter borota wearing gloves the size of frying pans ……….that was nil nil too

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

I went that season....and the one after that...…..and the one after that...…..one game that stands out 80/81 was Chelsea and the keeper peter borota wearing gloves the size of frying pans ……….that was nil nil too

You, like me, are a hero.

It was 0:0 here and at SB. We are unbeaten in our last six games v Chelsea - not a lot of people know that, not even RedDave or Kiddie in a riot van.

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Look for someone in ill fitting bell-bottomed jeans and a donkey jacket.

I would have been wearing a knee length skirt, carrying a little black handbag containing a tiny wooden truncheon ??

How times changed ?

Archived