IGNORED

Gareth Bale

The Batman

No I've not seen him arrive at Bristol Airport getting into a car with the reg SL1...... Not yet anyway 

Zidane has really gone to town on him recently. Pretty much forcing him out the club saying "we hope he leaves soon, it would be best for everyone". 

No smoke without fire, but considering what he's won since he arrived and what he's done for the club, it's amazing he's not adored by the fans and club more than he has. 

Should just go back to Spurs. Sure he'd be wolcomed back with open arms. 

16 minutes ago, The Batman said:

No I've not seen him arrive at Bristol Airport getting into a car with the reg SL1...... Not yet anyway 

Zidane has really gone to town on him recently. Pretty much forcing him out the club saying "we hope he leaves soon, it would be best for everyone". 

No smoke without fire, but considering what he's won since he arrived and what he's done for the club, it's amazing he's not adored by the fans and club more than he has. 

He did intimate at the end of last season 2018 that he wanted to come back or at least was open to leaving RM. Surprised that he didn't or perhaps RM didn't get any offers that they were happy to consider…

17 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Real are a club that very rarely form bonds with anyone, a player comes in for a boat load of money & within a couple of season he is replaced by someone who costs another boat load of money. Managers / Head coaches are regularly relieved of their duties after winning the league or Champions League because no matter what it's not good enough for them / their president.

It's always left me bemused at the way they do things, something is broke / not working, it's ok, we'll sack someone or sign someone for another ridiculous amount, the problem they have is what happens when no one wants their scapegoat or no one can afford to take their expensive 'flop'? FFP or whatever it is called in the ultimate echelons of football now mean clubs have to balance their books accordingly.

They could just loan him out like they've done with James Rodriguez, if they can find someone willing to take him at whatever price but then it also comes down to Bale himself, what's in it for him? He's a multimillionaire that is undoubtedly on a ridiculously large contract whether he plays or not, so what's to stop him from just staying in Madrid & pocketing his astronomical wages each week / month? Nothing & that way he's never risking getting injured or actually having to put any effort in to earn those wages & that is the problem with these big clubs stockpiling players. Surely it's got to start catching up with clubs soon?

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm sure I've read that he's been offered silly money like £1m per week to play in China or something.

As a player with only a few years left at the top level, that must be quite tempting. Make hay whilst the sun shines, perhaps.

Has he not been making hay while earning £600K per week at Real?

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It’s so rich the way Real and Zidane treat Bale. One of the most talented lads on the planet and they’re forcing him out, couldn’t write it.

Add the Real Madrid supporters to that list aswell, was seen as a replacement for when Ronaldo moved on, yet because he’s not producing like CR did the fans have turnt on him, booing him etc I’m sorry but you just ain’t finding a replacement for someone like that who’ll score and produce every week. 

Real Madrid’s supporters are up their with the worst. 

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Wasn't there something about him not really fitting in, not learning the language? 

Before that, I'm sure the Real supporters quite vociferously claimed he didn't cost the figure that was widely reported (they felt because he wasn't fit to lace Ronaldo's boots - who he was taking the record from?)

Not sure why they never accepted him, but he did little off the pitch to endear himself to them (I don't think he was ever a replacement for Ronaldo, but certainly performed well enough in big games to be considered a fitting successor!)

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Add the Real Madrid supporters to that list aswell, was seen as a replacement for when Ronaldo moved on, yet because he’s not producing like CR did the fans have turnt on him, booing him etc I’m sorry but you just ain’t finding a replacement for someone like that who’ll score and produce every week. 

They sound like spoilt brats, to me :pacifier:

It is odd behaviour from RM and can only impact the fee they get for him negatively.

One thing that really surprised me is that in all that time he has been there, Bale hasn't bothered to learn Spanish.  Can't really help integrating with the team. 

I'd be really pissed off if Diedhiou never bothered to learn English.  As a fan I'd find that really insulting.

7 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

It is odd behaviour from RM and can only impact he fee they get for him negatively.

One thing that really surprised me is that I'm all that time he has been there, Bale hasn't bothered to learn Spanish.  Can't really help integrating with the team. 

I'd be really pissed off if Diedhiou never bothered to learn English.  As a fan I'd find that really insulting.

just out of interest how many languages do you know?

6 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

It is odd behaviour from RM and can only impact the fee they get for him negatively.

One thing that really surprised me is that in all that time he has been there, Bale hasn't bothered to learn Spanish.  Can't really help integrating with the team. 

He has learnt Spanish and can converse but he is immensely shy/loner type and that’s the part that hasn’t exactly endeared him with other players. 

Zidane hated him previously and made it clear when appointed he'd have to go. It's personal and nothing to do with fellow players or fans. To be fair to Bale's agent he did immediately say this would cost Real a small fortune as he doubted anybody else in Europe would pay what he's on currently. He also made it clear Bale wouldn't be taking a pay cut and would see he contract out if necessary.

Nicer problems to have.

Zidanes statement does appear unprofessional but apparently it was lost in translation some what. Further to this, didn’t bale say he was happy not to be involved, get paid and play golf? So the unprofessionalism could be both ways

edit : Bales quote back in May - I've got three years left on my contract. If they want me to go, they'll need to pay me €17m per season. If not, I'll stay here. And if I have to play golf, I will," Bale reportedly said. 

27 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They sure are- At one point they were booing ronaldo! Imagine having one of the top two players in the world (possibly of all time) who is regularly winning you trophies...  And you boo him as he had a lean month! Mental.

I don't know if it's true but i read on a forum today that bale actually has better goals, asists and trophies won stats at real than zidane did as a player.

7 minutes ago, reddoh said:

just out of interest how many languages do you know?

If I went to live and work in another country I would have the decency to learn their language.  I've picked up Bristolian since moving here!!! ?

8 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

He has learnt Spanish and can converse but he is immensely shy/loner type and that’s the part that hasn’t exactly endeared him with other players. 

Fair enough is that's true, but wasn't what I heard.  

1 minute ago, RedSkin said:

If I went to live and work in another country I would have the decency to learn their language.  I've picked up Bristolian since moving here!!! ?

Fair enough is that's true, but wasn't what I heard.  

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/bale-speaks-perfect-spanish-but-is-too-shy-to-use-it/1c9afdprj2dfs1q4rbxaa8gh5e

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Wasn't there something about him not really fitting in, not learning the language? 

Shteve McLaren fitted in as he learned Dutch ( or was it double dutch?) when he went to manage in Holland. :) 

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

I don't know if it's true but i read on a forum today that bale actually has better goals, asists and trophies won stats at real than zidane did as a player.

He has one less assist than ZZ but the rest is true. He’ll of a lot more goals too...

Spoilt club.

Spoilt, arrogant owner.

A lot (not all but a lot) of spoilt arrogant preening players- Ronaldo was the king among them.

Most of all- Spoilt fans.

Don't mind a fair few of the managers though- win and out! Win and out- bit like Chelsea but on steroids.

Cannot deny they're a huge club of course, but I really do dislike them and always have.

Apparently the quotes are a bad translation, and he wasn't nearly as harsh as the media are making him out to be. He essentially says that Bale wasn't involved because the club is looking at possible destinations for him.

It's easy to make that conclusion, though. Zidane has his favourites, and a lot of people are wondering why anyone would take Isco over even a half-fit Bale. For all the shit that Bale gets, when he's fit he's a pretty good player, even if he hit a run of bad form last year.

I think he'll end up at Man Utd, mostly because Ed Woodward is a ******* idiot and the club spunks money on players without any plan of how they'll fit in, or what style of football they aim to play. Deep down, I'd love for him to join Atletico and to put in the best season he's ever played.

Heard on the radio this morning (Martin Lipton) that there is a rule that says if you are not picked for any games from one window to the next you are entitled under some FIFA ruling to have your contract paid up in full!

I’ve never heard of that. 

If you are injured then that doesn’t count. 

Suppose all RM need to do is put him on the bench once and that’s them covered?

Archived