IGNORED

This seasons "Dark Horse" ​​​​​​​

Sturny

So who do you think it'll be? I'm not sure we qualify as we've splashed some cash which definitely hasn't gone under the radar. But there isn't always a dark horse tbf. 

Last season I thought Norwich were sorta a dark horse finishing top, don't remember many people giving their squad serious praise before that season. 

My weak guess is Swansea, even tho they finished top 10 last season.  

What do you think ??

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Blackburn. ?

Think ourselves and Brentford slated in as possible top 6 contenders so I'll go with Blackburn for a surprise playoff tilt.

Blackburn floated around the top 6 for a couple of months too last season

I have a few mates that follow the Championship, and contrary to the belief on here, many of them would class us as "dark horses", but ultimately not being good enough to achieve promotion this year - mostly because we lack a goal scoring centre forward. A glance across the internet shows many that share this view, so hopefully we'll have a forward coming to Ashton Gate soon.

As for other dark horses, a lot of people are discounting Fulham, but I think they'll have a good season. My main pick for dark horse is Sheffield Wednesday. Bruce usually puts a good foundation in, and given that Bruce's leaving was despite the owners being fairly accommodating to him, I can see a decent coach taking over the reins and them rallying around for a promotion push.

3 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I have a few mates that follow the Championship, and contrary to the belief on here, many of them would class us as "dark horses", but ultimately not being good enough to achieve promotion this year - mostly because we lack a goal scoring centre forward. A glance across the internet shows many that share this view, so hopefully we'll have a forward coming to Ashton Gate soon.

As for other dark horses, a lot of people are discounting Fulham, but I think they'll have a good season. My main pick for dark horse is Sheffield Wednesday. Bruce usually puts a good foundation in, and given that Bruce's leaving was despite the owners being fairly accommodating to him, I can see a decent coach taking over the reins and them rallying around for a promotion push.

Fulham have made some seriously impressive signings so far. Can see them going up

33 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Fulham have made some seriously impressive signings so far. Can see them going up

@EnderMB

I had them down as one of the strongest on paper- Parker interchanged with Jokanovic the difference of course- even before Cavaleiro and Knockaert.

Can't see why Fulham are discounted at all. They still have a lot of the side that were unbeaten in 23 games and have strengthened it in some areas. A full season of Mitrovic, Sessegnon still there (for now- but Cavaleiro-Mitrovic-Knockaert?!)- Taylor-Crossdale has joined on a free, good depth and competition. Full season of Christie, add in Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan. Anguissa will add depth if not be a starter.

Not just one of the favourites, but the team to beat surely? With so much continuity from their 2017/18 success they can easily slot into that 4-3-3 as if it was 2017/18 again, but stronger. Bettinelli, Johansen still there. No Fredericks or Targett granted.

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Preston could be a surprise package. I don't fancy Luton, I think they will struggle with the Championship style of football. 

Yeah Luton will really struggle i think. Maybe the wave of momentum can keep them from avoiding relegation.

Preston were hit with the injury bug last season and seriously hindered their top six chances. Won't be much of a surprise if Brentford finished top six with their squad. I will go for Wigan some decent signings made so far and PC seems a top manager.

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@EnderMB

I had them down as one of the strongest on paper- Parker interchanged with Jokanovic the difference of course- even before Cavaleiro and Knockaert.

Can't see why Fulham are discounted at all. They still have a lot of the side that were unbeaten in 23 games and have strengthened it in some areas. A full season of Mitrovic, Sessegnon still there (for now- but Cavaleiro-Mitrovic-Knockaert?!)- Taylor-Crossdale has joined on a free, good depth and competition. Full season of Christie, add in Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan. Anguissa will add depth if not be a starter.

Not just one of the favourites, but the team to beat surely? With so much continuity from their 2017/18 success they can easily slot into that 4-3-3 as if it was 2017/18 again, but stronger. Bettinelli, Johansen still there. No Fredericks or Targett granted.

Not really a dark horse then, particularly as they are second favourites behind Leeds.

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Not really a dark horse then, particularly as they are second favourites behind Leeds.

Agreed entirely- not a dark horse at all, baffled as to how they would be considered a dark horse.

Could argue ourselves and Brentford given the summer business combined with a quiet window generally plus our last 2 seasons aren't really one either.

Archived