IGNORED

Parking for Forest Green

WelshRobin

Will be my first visit to the New Lawn on Wednesday night. Has anyone got any advice for good parking spots, I believe it's a bit restricted up there which is one of the reason's they are looking to build a new ground near the M5 junction. Looks like the local school offer parking for a small cost so could be the best option.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, WelshRobin said:

Will be my first visit to the New Lawn on Wednesday night. Has anyone got any advice for good parking spots, I believe it's a bit restricted up there which is one of the reason's they are looking to build a new ground near the M5 junction. Looks like the local school offer parking for a small cost so could be the best option.

The best way to approach is from the M5 and exit at junction 13 and head for Stroud on the A419.

At Stroud turn onto the A46 towards Nailsworth. This will bring you into the centre of the town when you reach the Information Centre take the first right at the mini roundabout into Spring Hill, which goes up a steep hill sign posted Forest Green.

The Lawn is at the top of this hill. Turn left at the roundabout at the 'summit' into the stadium entrance. There is no parking available in the club car park for visiting fans unless you are a blue badge holder who has pre-booked a space.

A short distance away down Nympsfield Road is Nailsworth Primary School which offers parking at £5 per car. Otherwise, there is plenty of on-street parking in the area, although please be considerate to local residents.

Park & Ride

The Club operates a Park & Ride scheme from the premises of Renishaw plc, which are located on the main A46 Stroud Road (GL5 5EY).

There are 200 spaces for cars and cost of £3 per vehicle. Buses up to the ground commence up to three hours before kick off and return after the match has ended.

5 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

There’s a path that goes all the way into Nailsworth you can walk through, goes through some houses. Can park off the road if you’re early enough 

As @phantom posted, 'please be considerate to local residents' and don't forget to wipe your feet, close doors etc. once you have passed through.

1 hour ago, WelshRobin said:

Thanks all. Will be interesting to see how many we take up there on Wednesday. From what I recall from the ticket options it was standing, the choice being covered or uncovered!

Sold just under 1k looking at the website. Not bad for a pre season game

Went last season for the Lincoln match. Relatively big crowd of around3,000.There was plenty of street parking in the housing area off to the left as you go up the big hill, although we did get there fairly early.

Don’t chance parking on the verges outside of the school just before the ground. Plenty of late arriving Lincoln fans got ticketed. 

The cider at the ground was decent. Can’t remember what it was. Enjoy

9 hours ago, WelshRobin said:

If you are there an hour before kick off park in the housing estate af the top of the hill on the right. I go up about half a dozen games a season and always manage to park ok.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Bought tickets on Sunday evening and selected collection thinking I could collect them on the night at Forest Green. Will they be sent there now ?

I doubt it.  

I'd suggest you call supporters services at 9am to check it out.

I was pretty saddened to see kids away tickets are a quid but all kids tickets are free to home fans, so as my two want to sit down we are in the home end probably with a few others no doubt. Is this quid extra on away tickets some kind of BCFC admin fee?

I've always parked on the estate at the top of the hill on the right but they've got a bit bigger since I last parked up there. I assume the park and ride is running for the game couldn't see anything on their website, I used this last season and worked well although the buses were certainly a bit old skool!

Archived