IGNORED

Bristol Open Doors

phantom

And if you can get tickets for the underground tunnels of Temple Meads, you are a better man than I. There are many such places that will need to be pre-booked as numbers are limited so get your skates on.   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

And if you can get tickets for the underground tunnels of Temple Meads, you are a better man than I. There are many such places that will need to be pre-booked as numbers are limited so get your skates on.   :thumbsup:

It's always booked out before the days are released.  They only take about 10 groups of 8 people or something silly like that so no surprise.

Of course you could always attempt it non legitimately but that would be very naughty  ??

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

I did the Temple Meads tunnels in 2016. I’m not sure what I was expecting but I have to say you’re not missing anything special if you don’t get tickets.

• Admin
14 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Temple Meads wasn't included this year - still trying to find out why

As a regular commuter I must admit to always being curious about what is hidden away

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Temple Meads wasn't included this year - still trying to find out why

As a regular commuter I must admit to always being curious about what is hidden away

Possibly because works going on around it - Parcelforce etc.  

• Admin

I got this email this morning:

This September, over 2,500 people set off on their own personal audio adventure, unlocking Bristol’s hidden secrets by smartphone and uncovering history one step at a time.

By popular demand, the updated Hidden Bristol app is now available to download, giving you anytime access to three incredible audio tours!

Created by theatre-makers, historians and BBC producers the tours feature the voices of over 100 Bristolians. Join ship captains, artists, curators and craft brewers and explore the city's secrets, meeting the people who have shaped it along the way.

The app is easy to download on your smartphone. Simply follow the links below or search for Hidden Bristol in your app store! Each tour is available to download inside the app for a one-time purchase of £5.99. Each purchase supports the charity behind Bristol Open Doors.

"If you're looking for something fun and covid-safe to do outdoors this Autumn - these tours are perfect!"

iPhone download

Android dowload

Open Doors is (usually) ace. Really glad I got to do Redcliffe Caves a couple of years ago as well as my old school (BGS) and the Old Vic on King St along wit one of the boats moored in Bathurst Basin by Casamia. Want to do the Temple Meads Tunnels at some point but I guess it can wait. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Open Doors is (usually) ace. Really glad I got to do Redcliffe Caves a couple of years ago as well as my old school (BGS) and the Old Vic on King St along wit one of the boats moored in Bathurst Basin by Casamia. Want to do the Temple Meads Tunnels at some point but I guess it can wait. 

As a commuter through BTM for past 25 years, the station is one I'd fancy doing 

Archived