IGNORED

Open Training Session etc (Merged)

phantom

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder if anyone from Leeds will attend?

Doubt there's anything tactical (relating to Leeds) going on really, it'll be another chance for new players get used to Ashton Gate while also being good pr for players meeting fans etc

18 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere but do we know if the shop will be open on Saturday? I wouldn't mind having a look at the new merchandise before the Palace game. If not, they've buggered up a bit there. 

I phoned the stadium yesterday and was told the end of this week or beginning of next. Woman on phoned didn't really sound like she knew

I pre ordered the shirts and potentionally now picking it up from club shop  after  general release. As I'm working this Thursday-Weds long days, so no chance of popping into club shop.

Not complaining at all,  just frantically trying to work out if any of my mates could pick it up on my behalf and no doubt a few of the merchandise too as they're there ? 

I pre ordered my shirt fully expecting to be able to pick it up when I am in Bristol this Wed / Thurs. What is the point of pre ordering if they are not available before general sale. I certainly won't fall for that one again. (Won't be able to collect now until QPR game (which is after my holiday in the States where I wanted to take it and wear it).

The whole pre order and ships being closed has been a terrible thing from the club. With two weeks till the season starts and not a single piece of merchandise able to be bought is shocking. With the new badge etc I would have thought you’d want it out worn ASAP 

In terms of pre order shirts it is not good for people who can’t get them but this has worked out perfect for me.

I did not bother, instead asking the family for money for my recent birthday in the presumed knowledge that when I leave for hols next Thursday it will.be without a new shirt.

But working 5 mins from the gate and still working until next Wednesday has changed my fortunes for the better !!

11 minutes ago, newarkred said:

The whole pre order and ships being closed has been a terrible thing from the club. With two weeks till the season starts and not a single piece of merchandise able to be bought is shocking. With the new badge etc I would have thought you’d want it out worn ASAP 

I agree.

Cornwall, yorkshire,  south wales, Paris, have all missed out on that splendid away shirt I wanted to show off!! 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Doubt there's anything tactical (relating to Leeds) going on really, it'll be another chance for new players get used to Ashton Gate while also being good pr for players meeting fans etc

This is a ploy by LJ, we will do tactical work and then on the day if the game we will do something completely different to what Leeds are expecting us to do.

• Admin
3 hours ago, hodge said:

I wasn't being serious 

2 hours ago, newarkred said:

Agree. It rather kills the momentum from the launch doesn't it. Why bother plastering the city with posters and projecting Robins onto the suspension bridge if its going to be 3 months until you can actually get the masses wearing the thing around town?

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wasn't being serious 

Can pretty much guarantee someone from Leeds, Birmingham, qpr if not more teams will be there, free chance to watch an opposition teams training session. Even if we're not practicing tactical elements they get a chance to look at our players. 

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s a nice idea....but 10-12 on a Tuesday!?! Surely that’s a complete non-starter for the vast majority of fans. Why not do it in the evening?

Because the players don't train in the evening, given how regulated everything is now you don't change a days schedule as it would effect the recovery for the next days training especially a few days before a game

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I pre ordered my shirt fully expecting to be able to pick it up when I am in Bristol this Wed / Thurs. What is the point of pre ordering if they are not available before general sale. I certainly won't fall for that one again. (Won't be able to collect now until QPR game (which is after my holiday in the States where I wanted to take it and wear it).

£

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Because the players don't train in the evening, given how regulated everything is now you don't change a days schedule as it would effect the recovery for the next days training especially a few days before a game

You’re probably right but I was imagining a few light drills not 50 laps of the pitch!

The things some people complain about..! 

At this rate, we are going to receive season tickets prior to the first game, will be able to get next season’s kits before next season and we can go and watch an open training session with the kids, if we can and want too. 

Shocking behaviour from the club..!

29 minutes ago, BCFC@Frome said:

For those asking about shirts ordered on pre sale. The club shop are saying that there is no date yet for the shirt to be released.

Could make Tuesday very interesting for fans and staff alike.

20190724_114555.jpg

could be interesting at the Leeds game if that is the first time people can purchase them. It's a complete farce.

14 minutes ago, cityred2000 said:

Anyone think that City are hoping that Leeds reps will attend and therefore are going to throw them off by training using a certain tactical approach in the open session and then using a completely different one on the Sunday? 

Yes, very slow Wednesday afternoon.

Agree i recon we will train with one up front fammy ,then switch to plan b for the actual game one up front fammy .....

44 minutes ago, BCFC@Frome said:

For those asking about shirts ordered on pre sale. The club shop are saying that there is no date yet for the shirt to be released.

Could make Tuesday very interesting for fans and staff alike.

20190724_114555.jpg

Hope your well does what exactly? You have a well, how did they know? 

Leeds think we're doing this to spite them over the spygate scandal of last season... 

It's not to actually involve the fans, get the players used to the playing surface at Ashton Gate and is something other teams do as well (admittedly not as close to the season starting)... Nope we're doing this to spite them. 

Do Leeds fans know the world doesn't revolve around them? 

City supporters are advised that all 2019/20 pre-orders placed for the club’s replica kit have been distributed.

Fans should receive their order by postal service tomorrow (Friday).

Meanwhile, supporters who have opted for collection will be able to collect their orders from a pop-up shop at Ashton Gate Stadium tomorrow (Friday, July 26th, 9am-5pm).

The newly-refurbished Bristol Sport Store will open on Saturday, July 27th (10am) for the pre-season fixture with Crystal Palace and will stock both home, away and goalkeeper kits along with a selection of leisurewear.

Replica kit will also be available to buy online from Saturday, July 27th(10am).

Archived