IGNORED

Open Training Session etc (Merged)

phantom

On 23/07/2019 at 16:36, Bar BS3 said:

The things some people complain about..! 

At this rate, we are going to receive season tickets prior to the first game, will be able to get next season’s kits before next season and we can go and watch an open training session with the kids, if we can and want too. 

Shocking behaviour from the club..!

But they are missing a trick as far as sales are concerned. Most people go on holiday June/ July, and want to show off their shirt / shorts / whatever, during their holidays. Personally, I wouldn’t wear a shirt, but , I’m in Barbados now and would’ve bought a pair of shorts. Won’t bother now, I wonder how many more sales they have missed out on?

40 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

But they are missing a trick as far as sales are concerned. Most people go on holiday June/ July, and want to show off their shirt / shorts / whatever, during their holidays. Personally, I wouldn’t wear a shirt, but , I’m in Barbados now and would’ve bought a pair of shorts. Won’t bother now, I wonder how many more sales they have missed out on?

I do agree that it seems daft that shirts etc aren’t available prior to the summer holidays July/August , but it seems to always/usually have been the way - not just because of shop refurb this year. 

I suppose the flip side could be people wanting their shirt nice and shiny new for the start of the season - although those people could always buy later. 

The choice would be good, but I guess they have some reason for doing it this way. 

I’d also have thought that a bigger time window would increase the number of people buying both shirts, rather than choosing just one, but what do I know..?! ?‍♂️

On 24/07/2019 at 12:20, newarkred said:

could be interesting at the Leeds game if that is the first time people can purchase them. It's a complete farce.

“Replica kit will also be available to buy online from Saturday, July 27th (10am).”

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER NOW HUN

On 23/07/2019 at 16:46, Sir Geoff said:

I pre ordered my shirt fully expecting to be able to pick it up when I am in Bristol this Wed / Thurs. What is the point of pre ordering if they are not available before general sale. I certainly won't fall for that one again. (Won't be able to collect now until QPR game (which is after my holiday in the States where I wanted to take it and wear it).

Completely agree

10 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Can you buy the shirt / shorts now? Was thinking of heading down 

No you can't buy anything until tomorrow you can only pick up pre ordered kit but the socks haven't arrived yet so you can only pick up pre ordered shirts and shorts. 

Got an email this morning from Bristol Sport giving me £10 in my "rewards" because some pre-orders weren't ready and just got another one tonight giving me another £5 in said account to apologise for City only delivering pre-orders a day before general sale (which really doesn't bother me). Starting to really love Bristol Sport, it is nothing if not eager to please, a few more mistakes and I will be able to kit out an entire football team.

• Admin
2 hours ago, dave36 said:

More enlightening would be information in who exactly is missing and are there any new faces 

@dave36 This is the best I have seen anywhere on line (Bristol Post site)

Players training

The players we can see taking part currently in the shooting practice include:

Harvey Smith

Ricardo Rees

Rene Gilmartin

Will Buse

Jojo Wollacott

Tyreeq Bakinson

Taylor Moore

Callum O’Dowda

Fam Diedhiou

Matty Taylor

Jack Hunt

Antoine Semenyo

Jamie Paterson

Niclas Eliasson

Haks Adelakun

Zak Vyner

Opi Edwards

Jonny Smith

Maenwhile:

Niki Maenpaa and Marley Watkins are on the grass but not in training gear currently

And some senior players have gone inside.

Really excellent event, well attended, one for the kids really...and the players were all signing autographs and having selfies taken at the end. Interesting to see the training routines. In the speed test they put up the results for all to see...take a bow Callum O'Dowda who got the fastest time...Adam Webster was pretty nippy too, but didn't have the air of a man heading off anywhere soon. Was paired with Kallas for all of the training matches.

Gregor McG. was there at the end - sat in the stand compiling the list @phantom has posted above.

Congratulations to the club. Lots of happy faces at the end.

Anyone know why baker was training alone ,one on one with someone ? 

I'm prob wide of the mark but it Looked a little like a more intensive training session for him to get him up to speed quicker based on lj realizing websters off so now he actually has to play baker on sunday, 

24 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Anyone know why baker was training alone ,one on one with someone ? 

I'm prob wide of the mark but it Looked a little like a more intensive training session for him to get him up to speed quicker based on lj realizing websters off so now he actually has to play baker on sunday, 

Baker suffering after a 'bit of a head clash' - LJ quoted in the Post piece here:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everything-lee-johnson-said-transfers-3155427

LJ spent a while working one-to-one with Kalas later in the session.

18 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Really excellent event, well attended, one for the kids really...and the players were all signing autographs and having selfies taken at the end. Interesting to see the training routines. In the speed test they put up the results for all to see...take a bow Callum O'Dowda who got the fastest time...Adam Webster was pretty nippy too, but didn't have the air of a man heading off anywhere soon. Was paired with Kallas for all of the training matches.

Gregor McG. was there at the end - sat in the stand compiling the list @phantom has posted above.

Congratulations to the club. Lots of happy faces at the end.

Yep, agree. I took my kids and they really enjoyed it. The players were friendly and happy to talk when signing autographs. 

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yep, agree. I took my kids and they really enjoyed it. The players were friendly and happy to talk when signing autographs. 

One thing I like about the cricket at Somerset

Whatever the game the whole team come out afterwards and meet supporters for photos and sign autographs

Archived