IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse joins backroom staff

ohhhshauntaylor

See below, as per the title....

CISSE RETURNS TO ASHTON GATE

Bristol City are pleased to announce that Kalifa Cisse has been appointed to the club’s backroom staff. 

The former City midfielder has agreed an initial short-term contract and will work across recruitment and the first team.

Cisse played as both a centre-back and defensive-minded midfielder during his career, which included two seasons with the Robins where he scored two goals in 61 competitive matches between 2010–2012.

jmp_bristol_city_v_doncaster_jm_117.jpg?width=1280 CISSE IN ACTION AGAINST DONCASTER ROVERS IN 2012

The 35-year-old – who speaks five languages - started his playing career at Tolouse before a move to Portugal where he represented Estoril and Boavista.

In 2007, Cisse moved to England and played in the Premier League with Reading, before heading west along the M4 motorway to Ashton Gate. Two brief spells with New England Revolution and Derby County followed in 2013, and he later moved to play in Thailand.

Cisse signed for A-League outfit Central Coast Mariners in 2018 before announcing his retirement.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Like it. Bit of a left field appointment but he was a hell of a player and his language skills and knowledge of the game can be nothing but a benefit to us you would have thought. Hope it works out well for him. 

Always thought that he was the one player we’ve never really been able to replace, in recent years. 

Was a top quality player, in a poor team. 

Exactly who we’d love to have nowadays, in his prime. 

Interesting to see him back here. 

1 minute ago, Judda said:

Anyone know if he can speak many languages?

3, so i’ve heard. 

21 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

He was a good player. 5 different languages takes some skill and will be good when negotiating deals with players.

Speaking many languages is the norm abroad, it’s only in the UK where we are slightly backward ?

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Average amount of languages spoken by people in the EU

C91D9463-863D-4EBA-BABA-51DC0A9A0D08.jpeg

I’ve travelled all over Europe and a vast amount seem to have more than one language (understandable when surrounded by other countries) Personally I don’t know a single person that has a second language

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’ve travelled all over Europe and a vast amount seem to have more than one language (understandable when surrounded by other countries) Personally I don’t know a single person that has a second language

Olé for one. I think Phil in France does. I have three, German, French and Portuguese.

There must be several others on OTIB with more than one other.

PS. I just derailed the thread!

Archived