IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse joins backroom staff

ohhhshauntaylor

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Olé for one. I think Phil in France does. I have three, German, French and Portuguese.

There must be several others on OTIB with more than one other.

English. Bollocks and shit.

The last two I have been assured I am fluent in when drunk.

58 minutes ago, harrys said:

Speaking many languages is the norm abroad, it’s only in the UK where we are slightly backward ?

Of course every nation definitely all speak 5 different languages. I dont agree with that. Just ask the French.

41 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’ve travelled all over Europe and a vast amount seem to have more than one language (understandable when surrounded by other countries) Personally I don’t know a single person that has a second language

I can speak English, English with a German accent, English with a French accent, Scottish with an Australian accent, oh, and Bristolian of course. 

I should imagine a connection was made between MA and Cisse whilst both out working in the States over the past year or so.

Plus LJ and SL will know what he's like as a person.

Interesting appointment.

The fact the Club make a point of his language skills maybe a hint to the near future.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I should imagine a connection was made between MA and Cisse whilst both out working in the States over the past year or so.

Plus LJ and SL will know what he's like as a person.

Interesting appointment.

The fact the Club make a point of his language skills maybe a hint to the near future.

A hint at the future, or a reference to the past....

Maybe some of our previous overseas signings were left to fend without the support they needed.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Portuguese and French experience.....mmmm, a little dip into the Portugese market (LJ went there earlier in the summer) and another delve into a French?

LJ and MA may have met with a certain Portuguese agent.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

A hint at the future, or a reference to the past....

Maybe some of our previous overseas signings were left to fend without the support they needed.

True. LJ said as much. Kodjia couldn’t speak any English , must have been difficult for him, and pretty short sighted by the club not to get something in place. 

Thankfully we’re a much better set up behind the scenes now. 

Might give a indication that we’re going back into overseas signings as well. 

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sorry if someone else has said this and I missed it but, had he stayed in 2012, I don’t think we would have been relegated.

Thank god he left then as relegation certainly helped us in the long term, we were treading water in the Championship. Cisse was one of the few bright sparks in an awful team.

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

True. LJ said as much. Kodjia couldn’t speak any English , must have been difficult for him, and pretty short sighted by the club not to get something in place. 

We shouldn't have bloody taught him any either.  He wouldn't have been able to ask for a transfer!!  

Great news but slightly weird for me as a about a year ago I was out running and day dreaming as you do to take your mind off the run and started wondering what happened to Cisse (after running past his exact double), and then imagined stopping to tell him what we were building at City and him returning excitedly to Bristol to be part of it.

Saw the same Kalifa Cisse double at a bus stop in Peckham about ten times more last year and my imagination took over every time. Pleased to say I worked through all the possible scenarios back then and the most likely one is that he is working in a shop in Peckham and I've been instrumental in him returning and eventually leading us to Europe.

The worst scenario - which I rapidly dismissed - is that he works in Morrisons in Peckham, is not Kalifa Cisse, and I've sent him to Bristol for no reason and the next time I jog past him he wants reimbursement for his train ticket. Classy player, fully intending to claim an assist on this one if he turns out to be an important member to the coaching staff. 

18 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Would I be correct in thinking that we dont have any players currently that shouldn’t be able to speak English? 

Why highlight the apparent 5 languages ability if we don’t technically need it? Well now not anyway...... 

Incoming...

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Great news but slightly weird for me as a about a year ago I was out running and day dreaming as you do to take your mind off the run and started wondering what happened to Cisse (after running past his exact double), and then imagined stopping to tell him what we were building at City and him returning excitedly to Bristol to be part of it.

Saw the same Kalifa Cisse double at a bus stop in Peckham about ten times more last year and my imagination took over every time. Pleased to say I worked through all the possible scenarios back then and the most likely one is that he is working in a shop in Peckham and I've been instrumental in him returning and eventually leading us to Europe.

The worst scenario - which I rapidly dismissed - is that he works in Morrisons in Peckham, is not Kalifa Cisse, and I've sent him to Bristol for no reason and the next time I jog past him he wants reimbursement for his train ticket. Classy player, fully intending to claim an assist on this one if he turns out to be an important member to the coaching staff. 

Too much cheese before bed!!!

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Too much cheese before bed!!!

That to me hints very strongly that there could be someone (or more than one) on the way from Portugal.

Lee was there at some point last season wasn't he (as well as Germany)? 

Cisse "has contacts  in the Portuguese and French markets".

He's not a coach as such, but could hold sessions.....

I'd put money on our next signing being a result of Cisse getting involved. Maybe theres something in the pipeline, and this appointment may just help it over the line.

Johnson watching players in Portugal - Yep, thought I'd seen it somewhere.

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Olé for one. I think Phil in France does. I have three, German, French and Portuguese.

There must be several others on OTIB with more than one other.

PS. I just derailed the thread!

Oooh, oooh, oooh, I speak English, French and some Arabic. When I've been drinking that expands to include Chinese and Braille depending on the volume consumed.

Archived