IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers v Bristol City - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Sure, I was just making a general point I guess.

My feeling was that if we cannot get a striker we have players capable of playing a different way and not relying on one man to get the goals.

A 4-2-3-1 say with a narrow 3 of mobile players who can create openings with passing and movement, with more players chipping in.

If we are just going to hit crosses from wide positions regardless - which makes life easier for the opposition - then I wouldn't be optimistic.

Yeah point taken fella.

That is one luxury we have, we have mobile players who can play anywhere along the midfield and forward line, all depending on the formation of course.

I’ve always said I’d like Brownhill play further forward as he has a brilliant eye for goal. Allowing Walsh and Pack to sit deep if necessary.

I don’t think LJ’s tactic is to get crosses into the box from wide areas. He has always tried to get us playing through the middle, little one twos to create pockets. That kinda shows with the players he has brought into our club with the likes of Walsh, Szmodics, Weimann etc.

It’s still a learning curve but I hope we address last seasons problems, even though there wasn’t many.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Most of the players getting full 90 by the looks of it

Think thats the idea of the Swindon game earlier today so that the first team squad all have 90 mins under their belts.

Expecting the line up against Palace to be very close to the team that starts against Leeds

Archived