IGNORED

Taylor Moore

MartockRed

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/taylor-moore-bristol-city-lens-england-southend-united-bury-loan

Good read that, and a reminder not everything can be taken from seeing a player for just a handful of games on the pitch. Going by the article he’s strengthened up mentally, and going by what I’ve seen in preseason he’s bulked up considerably. 

Looks like the loans have done him good, let’s hope the lad can kick on. 

24 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/taylor-moore-bristol-city-lens-england-southend-united-bury-loan

Good read that, and a reminder not everything can be taken from seeing a player for just a handful of games on the pitch. Going by the article he’s strengthened up mentally, and going by what I’ve seen in preseason he’s bulked up considerably. 

Looks like the loans have done him good, let’s hope the lad can kick on. 

Interesting , thanks for posting

Hes very honest and looks to have the right attitude at least

He’s certainly bulked up, and interesting that LJ gave him the captain's armband in one pre-season match.

I really liked him when he came here and thought he had a real chance.  That has waned a fair bit from small sample of games I caught for Southend.  But would really like to see him make it here.  If LJ thinks he can play at this level, then I would be looking to move on Baker or Wright. 

Fair play to Taylor for recognising a potential issue and (seemingly) overcoming it, could so easily have slipped into the 'football is a well paying job and nothing more' mentality but got himself back to the point of enjoying what he does.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

It will be interesting how he fits in if he does stay. Will we use him as RB competition for Hunt? Can't see him playing much at centre-half ahead of Webo, Kalas, Wright, Vyner etc.

Could depend if Webster is out injured and we feel we need another ball playing CB to replace him? Would obviously depend on the opposition etc.

25 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Him and Vyner could feature heavily this season imo 

Undecided if they are good enough yet, both may need another loan. Vyner’s slightly ahead of Taylor as he has a full campaign in the Championship under his belt.

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It will be interesting how he fits in if he does stay. Will we use him as RB competition for Hunt? Can't see him playing much at centre-half ahead of Webo, Kalas, Wright, Vyner etc.

Looks to have baulked out a bit to be a right back

I wonder whether LJ would consider trying to re-develop him , trying him , as a holding midfielder 

I cant see him getting in the first team this year or any bench time unless we move baker or wright on.  I think he has a future here, defenders tend to develop late, but i suspect he'll be loaned out to a league one club again.  Maybe Millwall or Charlton at a push, but more likely league one.

Very interesting to read this background story.

We can only judge on what we see, and reports from elsewhere, and in TM's case he has not appeared anywhere near good enough for Championship level imo., but this does offer a more rounded perspective.

I'll be watching his progress keenly this season, particularly if he's deemed to have matured mentally and developed physically enough to be part of the matchday squad at AG.

Good luck to him.

Great interview. Really good level of insight and as others have said impressive he had the maturity as a 21-year-old to look at himself, work out what was going wrong and deal with it.

Has anyone seen much of him this pre-season? I couldn't say whether I think he'll make it here but all the better if he does, because he sounds like a good egg.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Looks to have baulked out a bit to be a right back

I wonder whether LJ would consider trying to re-develop him , trying him , as a holding midfielder 

Erik Dier v2.0??  Trodden similar paths haven’t they?

21 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Great interview. Really good level of insight and as others have said impressive he had the maturity as a 21-year-old to look at himself, work out what was going wrong and deal with it.

Has anyone seen much of him this pre-season? I couldn't say whether I think he'll make it here but all the better if he does, because he sounds like a good egg.

...and this is the kind of interview that makes me want to stand up for the vast majority of professional footballers when someone on a forum or twitter accuses someone of “stealing a living”. 

A very good insight into what he has gone through. I do get the feeling though that if Southend came back in for him again, probably a loan as I can’t see them affording to buy him from us unless we are prepared to take a loss, that he would jump at the chance to be physically and mentally settled and go to where he was happiest.

Another wrong move now or little chance of football with us would be a huge setback for him.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

A very good insight into what he has gone through. I do get the feeling though that if Southend came back in for him again, probably a loan as I can’t see them affording to buy him from us unless we are prepared to take a loss, that he would jump at the chance to be physically and mentally settled and go to where he was happiest.

Another wrong move now or little chance of football with us would be a huge setback for him.

Think geographically it suited , and helped him - and I would guess his ‘morale’ - relatively close to , and a short hop to family and friends in NE France -

Looked like he gets home quite a bit and very close to family / friends which with what he’s gone through very understandable and a positive help

Havnt been sold on him as a player but I admire his attitude and b***s and he’s taken on each (Unglamorous) loan without moaning , certainly publicly , and I really admire him for that alone

He appears to be a nice lad , well brought up , and maybe your untypical footballer - not always easy to fit in with a dressing room but from social media he appears popular with teammates wherever he’s gone

For lots of reasons I’d really like to see him make it here - if he feels confident and happy he may show a different player to what we’ve seen

Big season for him , would be a good one for him if he could make the squad here, regularly with some minutes here n there a bonus 

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

...and this is the kind of interview that makes me want to stand up for the vast majority of professional footballers when someone on a forum or twitter accuses someone of “stealing a living”. 

Too right Dave.

99% of us have absolutely no clue about what young players go through.  It makes me cross that some fans continue to be vitriolic about Zac Clough's career since he (and his Dad) chose to turn down our offer.  Steven Caulker's experiences of living independently in Bristol are a warning for how difficult life as a loan player can be.  Cut them all some slack and support them whether they're with us or playing on loan at another club. 

Mental toughness is a thing. Managers in business sport or the military take against kids for no reason except they themselves are utter *****. I get the need for help from friends family and psychiatrists when these are not available. Good Luck to the lad. Now he knows, people can be ***** for no reason and you just drive on keep faith with yourself. That’s the difference between the winners and losers in life!

40 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Too right Dave.

99% of us have absolutely no clue about what young players go through.  It makes me cross that some fans continue to be vitriolic about Zac Clough's career since he (and his Dad) chose to turn down our offer.  Steven Caulker's experiences of living independently in Bristol are a warning for how difficult life as a loan player can be.  Cut them all some slack and support them whether they're with us or playing on loan at another club. 

I’m fairness people only give stick to Clough because of his ill-advised comments about his Dad laughing at the prospect of him signing for us.

In his own words, he wanted to ‘show respect’ to us but also admitted he’d made the decision 10 seconds after the bid came in but still proceeded to waste hours of Cotterill’s time meeting him and negotiating. 

Sometimes it’s just better to say nothing :) 

Archived