IGNORED

Why haven't we bought more firepower?

reddogkev

Anyone else frustrated yet that we haven't added to the attacking strength of the team?

I'm surprised that a talented League Two player is our only addition, and assumed we would've splashed a few more millions to add an extra edge to our forward play.

Here's hoping that the club still have something up their sleeves, but it's a shame City haven't already brought in a quality new striker to bond with the team and enjoy most of pre-season.

Forward options of Diedhiou, Weimann, Taylor, Semenyo, and the rookie Janneh will not be enough to push for promotion.  When does the transfer window close for Championship clubs?

Just now, Leveller said:

Oddly enough, there are already a few threads about the buying of strikers in the sub forum devoted to transfers.

Why do some people feel it is insufficient to post in these threads but need to start another (redundant) one?

I don't read the transfer forum at all, just full of too much nonsense, conjecture, and idle gossip!

Just now, reddogkev said:

I don't read the transfer forum at all, just full of too much nonsense, conjecture, and idle gossip!

So you started a transfer thread outside the transfer forum, to add to the idle gossip about our transfer strategy??

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Anyone else frustrated yet that we haven't added to the attacking strength of the team?

I'm surprised that a talented League Two player is our only addition, and assumed we would've splashed a few more millions to add an extra edge to our forward play.

Here's hoping that the club still have something up their sleeves, but it's a shame City haven't already brought in a quality new striker to bond with the team and enjoy most of pre-season.

Forward options of Diedhiou, Weimann, Taylor, Semenyo, and the rookie Janneh will not be enough to push for promotion.  When does the transfer window close for Championship clubs?

Who specifically would you have spent those millions on? Goalscorers are rare and I don't see a lot of persuasive candidates who we could plausibly sign.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That young lad at Arsenal is getting a few pre season goals - what about him ?

Like you Bob I have my finger on the pulse and like to keep up to date with these things. I'm pretty sure you mean Andy Cole. He definitely looks a prospect. 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Who specifically would you have spent those millions on? Goalscorers are rare and I don't see a lot of persuasive candidates who we could plausibly sign.

The trouble is, I'm too busy to know who's around and who we could afford, but I'm sure all involved with City's recruitment team would have a better idea than myself.

For me, Scott Hogan, bid £12million, but I have no real idea if that would be successful or something we could afford.

With Cisse onboard my guess is we already have a foreign player lined up.  

Wouldn't rule out a Prem loan either once their squads are finalised.  Tammy came in very late.

Not been much concern in the club videos about lack of signings really, so another reason to suspect it's all in hand.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

The trouble is, I'm too busy to know who's around and who we could afford, but I'm sure all involved with City's recruitment team would have a better idea than myself.

For me, Scott Hogan, bid £12million, but I have no real idea if that would be successful or something we could afford.

Doubtful we could afford £12m. His form since injury and his wages (I have seen anything from £30k to £40k a week quoted) are also a problem.

For that kind of money you need a virtual guarantee that it will pay off.

Just emphasises my point about how few plausible options there are I think.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

doomed.jpg.b2b86f4b42c1d42be491613ef7932480.jpg

1300470730_dontpanic.jpg.34a51b5db3746376223557488ae96753.jpg

Agree apart from securing the signings of kalas an desilva the frontman problem has been there since Tammy went back.

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Agree apart from securing the signings of kalas an desilva the frontman problem has been there since Tammy went back.

Bobby Reid might disagree!

We all know what the problem is. Solving it is just not as easy as some seem to think.

Anyone else frustrated with Kev's rabble rousing threads?

I'm surprised someone with 4299 posts could be this twitchy with so much of the window left.

Here's hoping Kev will chill out a bit and accept such players may take a while to acquire.

Thursday 08 August.

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Anyone else frustrated with Kev's rabble rousing threads?

I'm surprised someone with 4299 posts could be this twitchy with so much of the window left.

Here's hoping Kev will chill out a bit and accept such players may take a while to acquire.

Thursday 08 August.

99% if his posts are Russell Osman in Escape to Victory positive even when everybody else is gloomy and then suddenly he will throw in an Eeyore “we are doomed” post like this.

Puts the S&M in SpectruM !? ?

Archived