IGNORED

New Everton Stadium

WarksRobin

I can't imagine anything more stupid than placing a new 52,000 stadium right next to deep saline water.

Access, redevelopment and safety considerations would surely stop this going ahead?

Or, 10 years from now after a number of unfortunate alcohol related drownings, engineers will discover the steel structure of the stadium is rusting away and Everton will be looking for another new home.

22 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I can't imagine anything more stupid than placing a new 52,000 stadium right next to deep saline water.

Access, redevelopment and safety considerations would surely stop this going ahead?

Or, 10 years from now after a number of unfortunate alcohol related drownings, engineers will discover the steel structure of the stadium is rusting away and Everton will be looking for another new home.

Ever been to The City Ground ?

9 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Bargain compared to Spurs ground.

The original budget for Spurs' ground was £300m, and it has a larger capacity.

£500m at this stage really is a 'finger in the air' value. The true cost of these projects is never known until completion.

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think the water bit is more fundamental than the salt. 

Building a new stadium next to a large amount of deep water seems an unnecessary safety risk. But the corrosion risk caused by spray from the Mersey will be significant for a painted steel structure. For both reasons, it seems like a poor choice in terms of location.

27 minutes ago, TBW said:

You sound like an old man.

Not really shagger.

Just looks like any other new stadium being built around Europe at the minute , especially the inside of it. 

Tottenham’s new stadium have some nice features that relate to them and it is unique. Don’t see a lot of that in the above video for Everton’s.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Building a new stadium next to a large amount of deep water seems an unnecessary safety risk. But the corrosion risk caused by spray from the Mersey will be significant for a painted steel structure. For both reasons, it seems like a poor choice in terms of location.

St Mary's stadium is doing ok and fairly close to river which is fed from the sea 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Or Fulham? Or Arbroath? Or Somerset CCC?

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or Grimsby? You just walk across a footbridge over the railway line and you`re on the beach (or what passes for one in Cleethorpes)

Okay, back to my original post:

On 25/07/2019 at 22:41, Xiled said:

Being a patronising idiot, the point I am making is that it seems stupid to build a very large new stadium literally right next to the sea.

On 26/07/2019 at 08:25, Coxy27 said:

The original budget for Spurs' ground was £300m, and it has a larger capacity.

£500m at this stage really is a 'finger in the air' value. The true cost of these projects is never known until completion.

That's what Derby used for the Pride Park "sale"!

Archived